Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0.80 Stuttering Bug

@MrJamieLowes Not a confirmation of any kind, however, I did notice the nice smooth loading circle of the tarmac terror release started kerning with the following release.

This fix has made it all smooth again :D  like i said, not confirmation but it's a change in saw from before the Finland update.

Update: Interestingly, while the fix seemed to work immediately, in coming back to play later the stuttering was back. In checking the XML files, both are as they should be in line with the fix denoted above. The only difference was a PC restart and using my Fanatec CSR Elite VS. my XBOX controller earlier. 

@MrJamieLowes  - any idea when v0.90 is planned for deployment? Thanks for keeping the community engaged. 

Worked a charm @MrJamieLoews, thank you! Beer this week too!

EmDub2003 said:
Update: Interestingly, while the fix seemed to work immediately, in coming back to play later the stuttering was back. In checking the XML files, both are as they should be in line with the fix denoted above. The only difference was a PC restart and using my Fanatec CSR Elite VS. my XBOX controller earlier. 

@MrJamieLowes  - any idea when v0.90 is planned for deployment? Thanks for keeping the community engaged. 

Worked a charm @MrJamieLoews, thank you! Beer this week too!
Same thing here. Fix only worked temporarily, can't play with my G27 at all while controller works fine. And all XML files are in order, can't apply the fix again. I really hope this will be fixed in 0.9. It would be really sad if this is a persistent bug. As it seems many DiRT games still suffer from wheel input problems years after release and DiRT Rally is based on a the same engine as those I'm somewhat worried about this. Let's hope it's a solvable problem.

I wrote it already in another thread:
(http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/28419/precise-stutter-all-stages-settings#latest)

with recalibrating/xml file editing/etc. we can fix stutter and other problems   - as long we don't reboot the PC ...
"Something" is overwriting our "fixed" folders/files and I don't get it, why it is so difficult to find out WHAT it is!

Devs: is it so difficult, or is this problem a "not A priority" thing?

(http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/28419/precise-stutter-all-stages-settings#latest)

with recalibrating/xml file editing/etc. we can fix stutter and other problems   - as long we don't reboot the PC ...
"Something" is overwriting our "fixed" folders/files and I don't get it, why it is so difficult to find out WHAT it is!

Um, it's fixed in the next patch.

Um, it's fixed in the next patch.

Sure? ;)
After so many months of waiting: "seeing is believing".

Yes, Jamie Lowes already confirmed it was fixed in 0.9 - this editing was just a temporary work around that mostly worked but didn't do everything it should.

8 core? is this right

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<hardware_settings_restrictions>
  <cpu>
    <restrict_info>
      <restrict_if name="physicalCores" op="int_ge" value="1">
        <restrict_add>
          <threadStrategy workerMapFile="system/workerMap8Core.xml"  forceFeedbackProcessor="6" dvdStorageProcessor="7" dataSetMonitorProcessor="4" renderProcessor="0" 

updateProcessor="2" fileStreamProcessor="5" /> 
        </restrict_add>
      </restrict_if>
    </restrict_info>
  </cpu>
</hardware_settings_restrictions>

the instructions on editing the XML are too vague, i just Un-Installed and will wait for Codemasters to fix. ill play Project Cars for a while til this is fixxed.

If you've tried the workaround, please make sure you VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE... after downloading the v0.9 patch.

If you've tried the workaround, please make sure you VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE... after downloading the v0.9 patch.
Still with the stuttering. I've verified integrity of game cache. Such a bummer

Could you please try right clicking DiRT Rally in Steam, choose SET LAUNCH OPTIONS from the GENERAL tab, and add:

-useAlternateThreadStrategy 

See if that helps.

Could you please try right clicking DiRT Rally in Steam, choose SET LAUNCH OPTIONS from the GENERAL tab, and add:

-useAlternateThreadStrategy 

See if that helps.

Cheers for the quick reply. Unfortunately no, that doesn't seem to have cured it.

Okay, try adding:

-useAlternateInputThread

No joy that time either. FYI I'm getting less stutter with vsync 'on' in nvidia control panel than with vsync 'adaptive', but still noticable and therefore annoying

To be clear, the new code should only fix the game for people who were running okay in v0.70, but started experiencing periodic stutter in v0.80. We're still looking into other causes of stuttering frame rates.

To be clear, the new code should only fix the game for people who were running okay in v0.70, but started experiencing periodic stutter in v0.80. We're still looking into other causes of stuttering frame rates.

First time I had the stutter problems was with 0.8!