Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0.80 Stuttering Bug

Hi @MrJamieLowes. I have updated to V0.9, verified the integrity of the game cache, and have uninstalled Geforce Experience. None of those have resolved the issue, but this definitely only affects the game when the wheel is plugged in. I started w/o the wheel using my XBOX 360 controller - worked beautifully. I started w/ my CSR Elite plugged in - stuttering occurs. I tried playing with the controller, but with the wheel plugged in, and the stuttering occurred, but ceased immediately when I unplugged the wheel. The same occurred in the inverse - i.e. I plugged the wheel in, stuttering commences instantly though I was actually playing with the controller. 

My rig similar to @BenLion85 
Asus X99 Deluxe
i7-5820K
64GBCorsair Dominator DDR4
2 X EVGA GTX 970's (have tried w/ and w/o SLI enabled)
Windows 10 64 bit
Fanatec CSR Elite

EmDub2003 said:
Hi @MrJamieLowes. I have updated to V0.9, verified the integrity of the game cache, and have uninstalled Geforce Experience. None of those have resolved the issue, but this definitely only affects the game when the wheel is plugged in. I started w/o the wheel using my XBOX 360 controller - worked beautifully. I started w/ my CSR Elite plugged in - stuttering occurs. I tried playing with the controller, but with the wheel plugged in, and the stuttering occurred, but ceased immediately when I unplugged the wheel. The same occurred in the inverse - i.e. I plugged the wheel in, stuttering commences instantly though I was actually playing with the controller. 

Asus X99 Deluxe
i7-5820K
Windows 10 64 bit
Fanatec CSR Elite

I've just finished trying uninstall of geforce experience, along with uninstalling and reinstalling TM ffb driver. That didn't work so I tried deleting the hardwaresettings xml files and still nothing works. In the same boat as Em obviously. Had enough for this evening, check back here tomorrow i guess.

its worse for me on 0.9, i lose 50 fps now, im running stock clocks on GPU's now

BenLion85 said:

EmDub2003 said:

Asus X99 Deluxe
i7-5820K
Windows 10 64 bit
Fanatec CSR Elite

I've just finished trying uninstall of geforce experience, along with uninstalling and reinstalling TM ffb driver. That didn't work so I tried deleting the hardwaresettings xml files and still nothing works. In the same boat as Em obviously. Had enough for this evening, check back here tomorrow i guess.
My problem still persists exactly the same as these guys. Doesn't matter if I'm using the wheel or not still it stutters if the wheel is plugged. No problems if the wheel is unplugged. Tried the new batch of suggesties. No change.

You'll probably remember me as this is all in your head/chipset guy from a couple of pages ago. Yeah. With the pre 0.80 steering input lag bug I had, this is getting a bit old.

What I did was delete the contents of the system folder, verified local cache so all the new files from the patch would get downloaded and not have to overwrite, did a full preset and calibration of my G27. Seemed just as good as the previous modded files. However, I did notice that if I lowered the in game refresh rate from 144Hz to 100Hz with v sync ON there was a noticeable smoothing of the pauses in the benchmark demo. I'll try 60Hz later to see if it totally eliminates it.

What I did was delete the contents of the system folder, verified local cache so all the new files from the patch would get downloaded and not have to overwrite, did a full preset and calibration of my G27. Seemed just as good as the previous modded files. However, I did notice that if I lowered the in game refresh rate from 144Hz to 100Hz with v sync ON there was a noticeable smoothing of the pauses in the benchmark demo. I'll try 60Hz later to see if it totally eliminates it.
What about the memory leak. Would that fix it?

What are you seeing as a memory leak? The MASSIVE game stopping pause where the game comes to a complete halt and you have to wait for it to "catch up" before you can continue? It was still there in .8 but I haven't tested .9  yet to see if it is still there.

What are you seeing as a memory leak? The MASSIVE game stopping pause where the game comes to a complete halt and you have to wait for it to "catch up" before you can continue? It was still there in .8 but I haven't tested .9  yet to see if it is still there.
I start out at 130 FPS (on ultra and low settings) and over a space of 10 mins i am down to 40-50 FPS and it becomes unplayable.

Would the introduction of mouse support in v0.8 and the code involved in implementing that have anything to do with our problems here? Goes without saying I know very little about how games like these are built in terms of peripherals etc.

Try a usb 2 if possible. Please report back!
Had mine  running on a usb 3.0 port: logitech wireless mouse. Tried it with usb 2.0 port, didn't help.

BenLion85 said:
Try a usb 2 if possible. Please report back!
Had mine  running on a usb 3.0 port: logitech wireless mouse. Tried it with usb 2.0 port, didn't help.
I'm curious, if you unplug the radio trans and run with no mouse before starting the game, any change?

Yeah, worth a try. Thanks for giving it a go!

To confirm, you had a wheel connected via usb 3.0 before v0.80? Or usb 2.0?

Also, do you run any mouse management software, so, the bundled stuff that came with the mouse?

Additionally, did you close logitech profiler before starting the game?

Also, do you run any mouse management software, so, the bundled stuff that came with the mouse?

Additionally, did you close logitech profiler before starting the game?

I might try that tomorrow. Done for now

Yeah, worth a try. Thanks for giving it a go!

To confirm, you had a wheel connected via usb 3.0 before v0.80? Or usb 2.0?
Here I've a controller connected via USB 3.0 and usually a mouse by 2.0. Btw I disabled my touchpad mouse from my notebook (and my mouse from USB), used a controller with 3.0 and the game keeps stuttering.

@MrJamieLowes, in addition to @BenLion85 's test and in line w/ yours and @F2CMaDMaXX 's suggestions, I have tried starting my machine w/ no mouses input, as well as the game w/ no mouse input and get the same result w/ the wheel attached and not. I use just a Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse with no additional device management software.

Not sure how much it will help, but ran Benchmarks w/ both my wheel connected and not. They are available here. Note in the Wheel view there are less frames calculated en aggregate. Assuming the benchmark test would produce a standard set of frames per instance, is it safe to say frames are being dropped altogether?

Can't be sure if they are related but there are steam users now reporting stuttering issues with Stock Car Extreme, myself included and Portal 2 also, both following recent updates. Food for thought. Assetto Corsa however remains perfectly smooth?? Wish I knew more

Edit: Spintires stuttering too

Edit: Actually can't be sure if it's stuttering with Spintires because of the style of gameplay/ But definitely those others. Yep, starting to doubt my own vision

Everything ran perfectly up to 0.9 then everything turned to crap. No change in my setup at all, just updated to 0.9 and the stutter was there every couple of seconds when the wheel (T300) is plugged in. Unplug it and it's back to being smooth. Tried everything in all of the above posts and no change.

This is practically the only game I play, even upgraded my whole system to get the best enjoyment out of it but now it's unplayable.

Is there going to be a fix soon?

Yes agree @Fadginator. @MrJamieLowes, can you provide any update as to whether the racing studio has a diagnosis or shortlist of potential causes? Even if you dont have a definitive, or a fix-date, just knowing this is on the radar would be appreciated. Such an amazing game, but just those few frames being dropped every 2.5 seconds...

I would prefer revert to prior to Flying Finland so I can play.  :)