Jump to content Jump to content

v0.80 Stuttering Bug

MrJamieLowes

@MrJamieLowes Not a confirmation of any kind, however, I did notice the nice smooth loading circle of the tarmac terror release started kerning with the following release.

This fix has made it all smooth again :D  like i said, not confirmation but it's a change in saw from before the Finland update.
Update: Interestingly, while the fix seemed to work immediately, in coming back to play later the stuttering was back. In checking the XML files, both are as they should be in line with the fix denoted above. The only difference was a PC restart and using my Fanatec CSR Elite VS. my XBOX controller earlier. 

@MrJamieLowes  - any idea when v0.90 is planned for deployment? Thanks for keeping the community engaged. 

Worked a charm @MrJamieLoews, thank you! Beer this week too!
  • 2 weeks later...
EmDub2003 said:
Update: Interestingly, while the fix seemed to work immediately, in coming back to play later the stuttering was back. In checking the XML files, both are as they should be in line with the fix denoted above. The only difference was a PC restart and using my Fanatec CSR Elite VS. my XBOX controller earlier. 

@MrJamieLowes  - any idea when v0.90 is planned for deployment? Thanks for keeping the community engaged. 

Worked a charm @MrJamieLoews, thank you! Beer this week too!
Same thing here. Fix only worked temporarily, can't play with my G27 at all while controller works fine. And all XML files are in order, can't apply the fix again. I really hope this will be fixed in 0.9. It would be really sad if this is a persistent bug. As it seems many DiRT games still suffer from wheel input problems years after release and DiRT Rally is based on a the same engine as those I'm somewhat worried about this. Let's hope it's a solvable problem.
I wrote it already in another thread:
(http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/28419/precise-stutter-all-stages-settings#latest)

with recalibrating/xml file editing/etc. we can fix stutter and other problems   - as long we don't reboot the PC ...
"Something" is overwriting our "fixed" folders/files and I don't get it, why it is so difficult to find out WHAT it is!

Devs: is it so difficult, or is this problem a "not A priority" thing?

(http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/28419/precise-stutter-all-stages-settings#latest)

with recalibrating/xml file editing/etc. we can fix stutter and other problems   - as long we don't reboot the PC ...
"Something" is overwriting our "fixed" folders/files and I don't get it, why it is so difficult to find out WHAT it is!

Um, it's fixed in the next patch.

Um, it's fixed in the next patch.

Sure? ;)
After so many months of waiting: "seeing is believing".
8 core? is this right

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<hardware_settings_restrictions>
  <cpu>
    <restrict_info>
      <restrict_if name="physicalCores" op="int_ge" value="1">
        <restrict_add>
          <threadStrategy workerMapFile="system/workerMap8Core.xml"  forceFeedbackProcessor="6" dvdStorageProcessor="7" dataSetMonitorProcessor="4" renderProcessor="0" 

updateProcessor="2" fileStreamProcessor="5" /> 
        </restrict_add>
      </restrict_if>
    </restrict_info>
  </cpu>
</hardware_settings_restrictions>

Archived