Jump to content Jump to content

Tyre temps post patch 1.10

So just racing in Myteam season three at Silverstone, managed to sneak into Q3 on mediums. 

Start the race, and within 2 laps my front tyre temperatures are 115° and are in the red. Obviously this means the car is completely undriveable in the corners and I'm losing 2 seconds a lap.

I'm certainty not driving much different to how I was pre patch. Anyone else having issues? 

5 minutes ago, Neomo said:

How you guys do that? I never ever reach atleas 100 degrees on tyres even when i wanted 😂

Probably understeery setups.. it makes you turn in more which in turn heats the tires more.. Had temp problems in 2019 and when i got back to it with my 2020 setup it was not a problem anymore

10 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

What’s the best operating temp for the tires?

I think the game accepts temps between 85 and 100 degrees (this window is in my opinion too big in tire simulation mode), but my personal preference are tire temps about 95 degrees. I had the best performance then but this could be subjective perception.

I haven’t experienced this issue yet.  Been playing on like 105-110 ai and performing competitively against the ai and sometimes even outperforming the car’s performance a little bit.  But at the same time I’m not far in career mode so my car isnt upgraded all that much.  I generally have trouble getting all 4 tires up above 200.  Usually the only one that is is the one on the front that’s doing most of the work.  This is also with no assists turned on.

• Like 1
On 9/18/2021 at 8:23 AM, DonBlanko said:

I think the game accepts temps between 85 and 100 degrees (this window is in my opinion too big in tire simulation mode), but my personal preference are tire temps about 95 degrees. I had the best performance then but this could be subjective perception.

To give you a little insight: yes about 85-100 degrees is 100% tyre grip, soft tires loose a little bit more grip when overheating than hard tires, but i agree that the window could be more extreme

Edited by Meza994
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
7 minutes ago, Badmayhem said:

My terrible sense of humor poping its ugly head out again.........nobody really said and some Yanks do play this game😁

Ah, sorry, missed the sarcasm! I'm a physicist so I can only agree that everyone should be specifying °C or °F :classic_smile:.

• Agree 1