Jump to content Jump to content

1.10 handling?

@BarryBL Did the handling change?
1. Reason I am asking is the TT leaderboards are now reset

2. I am noticing a different feel to the car. 
3. The current times seems to be slower. 
4. noticed x axis velocity g’s decrease

5. seems to be less spin in 3rd gear 

6. Adjustments to aero seems to be effect the performance 

Edited by ShelbyUSA
Misspell

In part, yes. The performance of the cars was changed. So the amount of downforce generated by the bodywork and underfloor, and drag for instance, certainly changed. Top speeds and gear ratios, maybe? Possibly. The cars have positively been slowed down and that usually happens by fine tuning parameters like those I listed.

Now the other aspects of the handling model, like grip levels for different surfaces, what a "1" and a "11" in front springs mean, and maybe how the kerbs impact your ride, nope. That's for the upcoming patch.

Depends, really. If under the hood they tweaked the aerodynamic efficient of the bodywork, for instance, and made the front wing capable of generating more downforce while not incurring in more drag, you'd be lessening the understeery tendency of the cars in high and medium speed corners. Couple that with a decrease in power for the PU or lower levels of general downforce and there you got slower cars that also are less prone to understeer.

So not necessarily a product of slowing them down, but possibly an intended result of the changes they made to performance.

4 hours ago, DylanWest2004 said:

The proper handling update is coming soon, codies just need to sort the ai out them its ready for release, the new handling is mainly focusing on the low speed cornering as its too quick right now 

So that means another reset of the TT leaderboard?

It's strange, at first I thought the car was handling like before the patch, just slower. But the more I drive, the more I feel like the understeer in high-speed corners (Cops, France Turn11) is drastically reduced. Almost feels like a mix of the 2020 and 2021 handling. But it probably has more to do with the lower approach speeds than actual handling changes.

The biggest difference I felt is that the curbs a way less deadlier than they used to be before. I can tackle T2, T7+8 in spain without any problems. Hungary is pretty much the same. Due to understeer the speed in mid and high speed corners are reduced, and I'm ok with that.

FFB isn't that precise anymore, at least that's what I felt. It's not a major problem for me, I changed the sensitivity in the fanatec settings and it's ok for now.

• Disagree 1

It is bwoken.  A step back to Arcade mode. I can just floor the throttle pedal now, just silly IMO. 
It is slower, but now is not that punishing to loose the rear, if you loose it at all….

Edited by matses51
  • Agree 1
48 minutes ago, K4YY said:

The biggest difference I felt is that the curbs a way less deadlier than they used to be before. I can tackle T2, T7+8 in spain without any problems. Hungary is pretty much the same. Due to understeer the speed in mid and high speed corners are reduced, and I'm ok with that.

FFB isn't that precise anymore, at least that's what I felt. It's not a major problem for me, I changed the sensitivity in the fanatec settings and it's ok for now.

What did you change on the settings? SEN? CSL DD user here

Hey, I don't know what's going on. Yesterday after the new patch 1.10 everything worked ok. Today I can't put down any time in TT. As soon as you pass the finish line, time stops running. You will still see your new time at the top of the screen, but not elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Sabbeke said:

Hey, I don't know what's going on. Yesterday after the new patch 1.10 everything worked ok. Today I can't put down any time in TT. As soon as you pass the finish line, time stops running. You will still see your new time at the top of the screen, but not elsewhere.

Yeah this is a bug, i have experience it before. Just quit time trial and then try again to post a lap.

• Thanks 1

I also noticed that the handling improved. In my opinion they could keep it like that.. I really don't hope that they will change a lot in the next patch. I also like the difference in handling and performance with changing setup elements. I feel the changes of setup in this game way more than in the games before. I really hope they don't make setup changes less noticeable in the further update..

It is really good as it is now!

• Agree 1

Thanks to codemasters for this patch. The car feels as it should be and driving in portimao is very similar to how it would be in reality. Great work by David Greco, the car when driving on the limit is slightly more difficult to drive and it is as it should be, great choise to increase the drag and decrease the downforce. Now I'm just looking forward to Imola and some changes to the AI which is still too fast in the corners. P.S I hope the force feedback problem on the thrustmaster wheels is also solved

Edited by mikyesposto95
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, kyrillos152 said:

Ja, dit is een bug, ik heb het eerder meegemaakt. Stop gewoon met de tijdrit en probeer dan opnieuw een ronde te posten.

I hope they can do something about it soon. Very annoying. This morning Spa worked well, this afternoon not... phew

• Agree 1