Jump to content Jump to content

New Time Trial Reset in October?

40 minutes ago, Sadler said:

Time Trial leaderboards were reset because of new updates on the pace of the various cars (performance patch), not the new handling. So there shouldn't be anymore resets.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/f1/f1-2021/news/f1-2021-patch-110-notes

Not sure about this... if the revised handling makes different time ranges possible/likely then it would make sense for the leaderboards to be reset.

Especially if it’s not possible to lap as quickly which is the most likely outcome of any changes.

• Agree 1
36 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Not sure about this... if the revised handling makes different time ranges possible/likely then it would make sense for the leaderboards to be reset.

Especially if it’s not possible to lap as quickly which is the most likely outcome of any changes.

I'm going on what EA put in the patch notes, clearly states leader boards were reset because of performance updates on the cars (which makes sense).

44 minutes ago, Sadler said:

I'm going on what EA put in the patch notes, clearly states leader boards were reset because of performance updates on the cars (which makes sense).

Jap it does make sense. But it also makes sense to reset the leaderbords again, if the handling update makes it physically impossible to reach the best times from the older game version.  

• Agree 2
2 hours ago, Sadler said:

Nobody is disputing why the recent reset happened. The point being made is that this doesn't tell us whether another reset is coming or not. As above, I'd have thought a handling change could change the achievable times and so would similarly necessitate a reset really.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1