Jump to content Jump to content

Remove press OK confirmations when playing online

In every step in any online mode everyone have to press OK. May it be confirm to join the game, confirm qualifying to start, confirm race to start or confirm race end. This adds so much waiting time since everyone need to press OK for the game to proceed and far from everyone does that. Could we please remove a few of them at least for a smoother online experience?

• Agree 1

If it were up to me I would do something like:
1. Leave confirmation in Lobby as it is. Everyone need the press OK or wait until time ends for it to begin. Just as it is today.
2. Move all changes you can do before qualify or race to the lobby. If you want to do changes to your setup you can do that in the lobby when waiting.
3. Once session starts, bring people straight to Q. No menu to go through.
4. Once everyone has qualified: Go straight to race. No changes required to fuel management or tyre setup since you did that already in the lobby.
5. On race end: Show standings/podium for a few seconds and go back to lobby where you can dig in to statistics from your previous race while waiting for the next one to start.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
22 hours ago, weactivist said:

If it were up to me I would do something like:
1. Leave confirmation in Lobby as it is. Everyone need the press OK or wait until time ends for it to begin. Just as it is today.
2. Move all changes you can do before qualify or race to the lobby. If you want to do changes to your setup you can do that in the lobby when waiting.
3. Once session starts, bring people straight to Q. No menu to go through.
4. Once everyone has qualified: Go straight to race. No changes required to fuel management or tyre setup since you did that already in the lobby.
5. On race end: Show standings/podium for a few seconds and go back to lobby where you can dig in to statistics from your previous race while waiting for the next one to start.

1. Agree.

2. Lobby you can't make setup changes? Unless I misunderstand the term 'lobby'. I suppose you mean OSQ?

3. Confirming tyre choices does now seem a redundant step as they are largely fixed (especially short races).

4. Qualifying standings need to be confirmed. You should not need to advance.

5. Define a 'few' seconds. The timeout should be relatively short but long enough to "reset" - time should be proportionate to race length. The delay after a 5 lap race can be quite short, say 10-15 seconds before going back to the lobby.

One more thing, races should only be joinable before the countdown starts, sometimes drivers are connected to a session at the last second. Maybe a standard window of 60 seconds where it is joinable (before countdown starts) unless you are a spectator. Leaving and rejoining another / same session should not be possible until the session you leave has actually started (qualifying loads). Rejoining an unranked session should be impossible (to stop disconnections ruining the race for those still left in). One rejoin to a ranked session should be permitted provided it is as a spectator / resume before the last lap. Otherwise spectate should be locked to spectate and join at lobby stage.

2. I mean that it should be a new feature. Just move any settings that you can do to your setup to the lobby instead so people won't spend time with that when everyone else is waiting for OSQ or race to start. I think the menu is something like attached image.

image.png

I am so in on this suggestion !!

This is what drives me every time to single player. There is way too much waiting time. If you add this to waiting in the lobby for the last race to finish + the crashes every three races (having to wait unlimited time within the waiting screen before quali), its awful. I remember once I waited 35 minutes for a freaking race to start and the lobby crashed !

So yeah : Codemasters needs to work on the lobbys, the matchmaking, idk something, but its way too long.

Thank you !

So I managed to take a few screenshots to explain what I mean:

This is the lobby today. My suggestion is that we move all settings here, may that be tyre selection, standings or whatever, and keep press OK to confirm race start as it is today.

fe4b650d-07f5-432a-9064-515f61f9fa92.thumb.PNG.4c0da08343384f7c3c80c33780a55109.PNG

When you leave the lobby you get into this menu where you can change tyre for Q. Remove the menu and move it to lobby.

9e60450b-e5b7-4ead-969b-08afaa53631b.thumb.PNG.7d8837254f28807ddeae592833759687.PNG

When Q is done you get into this menu. Remove, put in lobby instead.

9241b107-a02e-426b-b1c5-ec213ef6f0cb.thumb.PNG.edfa6b6973c836d7ea4dec7fbed8d64a.PNG

After that this menu appears. Remove "Advance" and replace with a countdown or something. Like 5 seconds.

63ef1eee-4bba-4fea-9f82-9496ddfdd311.thumb.PNG.f3990117c09cd93cd7a5418992dc4b43.PNG

The you get into this "menu" where you can do some car setup. Remove and place this in the lobby instead.

b9ca71c1-ce4a-4870-a315-6e26d264324c.thumb.PNG.c0e687aae86395f9901abd54e6bff09f.PNG

After the race you see this. Remove, place in lobby.

d820d781-9f6f-4419-b2c2-7ee7385e324f.thumb.PNG.828bfdc4589e82f0995e637d35886ac4.PNG

And finally there is standings. Remove "Advance" and instead add a countdown of like 5 seconds or so.

e7c5a7e9-ae0a-49b9-8da3-9256de3dcf8b.thumb.PNG.62fd7189820eda095b44e477179f0bd5.PNG