Jump to content Jump to content

What do we want? Large track roster!!! When do we want it??

Been bugging me... I never said about turning this into anything other than a Formula one game... Also I said tracks capable off hosting a F1 race... For instance  Sepang,  even India.. both tracks Codemasters have used in previous years.   When F1 cane under new management...  They said that raising F1 profile worldwide was fundamental... Hence increasing the amount off races per season...  They would prefer to race every weekend if it were possible: As it would keep F1 in the news week in week out.. and not sporadically like now.   F1 in the current climate is in danger off disappearing..   best way to keep it relevant is increasing its popularity..   It’s the reason so much effort has been put into next seasons changes..  This game as it’s a official F1 game is a way for F1 to attract new followers especially amongst younger generations..:  The more F1 related features cm can put in this game you can better your life FOM would want..

But this game is limited by what extra features it can use... It’s not a game like Project cars, grid or forza... it’s series specific...  So we get things like career mode and myteam.. Myteam overall has been a success...  And this is why xtra track roster is essential.  

Career modes last 10 seasons... after a few seasons it becomes just routine... however at the start off every season we can choose how many races and the ability, if you choose 16 race season. To swap in and out tracks in the current roster.  So with that in mind.

Every season F1 has a different race locations and also amount off races in a season.  The amount off races depends mainly on if they can fit them into season.   Every track wants to hold a F1 race.  Look at what silverstone did to keep f1 racing there..

Whrn it comes to locations FOM hold most off the cards.

So if a career lasts 10 seasons to keep it interesting like real F1 more tracks in the roster to swap in and out./

Seeing the China example in f1 2021, there is some room that could be worked, especially considering how erratic the f1 calendar has been in the pandemic years.

I would not mind if the game behaved like it is now, first season always the official season in full calendar, then you could do your touch from season 2 onwards and all clear for the tracks in other modes, as does f2 with their f1 made calendar as well.

Is it worth as a business move? I dont know, but that would really add value to the game

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

And to have a team big enough to compete their objectives on time as clearly they aren't. (broken games on release) But yeah the more tracks outside the calender the better.

I’m hoping as much as I fear ea’s motives.  I think their size and resources can help.

And codemasters to keep their focus on what they know and do well and not try to be clever and cool and shoehorn in modes not properly thought through. 

For years every review I’ve read pretty much says... As F1 specific it does have the scope off other racing sims.. But when it comes to on track racing ai competition.  No other sim comes close.

Bring F1 specific is an advantage.  Instead off thinking up new modes and stories...  by continuing  making the F1 series ai better.. 

When I was on pc2 forum I posted ad much as I loved the scope off the game I find racing the ai compared to f1 useless.  Pretty much every one was in agreement 

• Agree 1
On 9/15/2021 at 6:40 PM, FS7 said:

Not true, I played F1 2013 a lot and did many custom race weekends on the classic tracks using 2013 cars.

That‘s the point. Why adding classic tracks was possible in 2013 and now in 2021 not anymore?

2013 was 8 years ago. Contracts like this usually get either renewed or entirely renegotiated in that time frame. The current deal was set in 2019 and is good up to 2025. The current licensing is hardly in the same conditions and extent that it was back in 2013.

Bottom line is, even if Codemasters have the exclusive license to depict everything F1 since 2008, it's hardly the same deal only renewed from time to time. They probably sat around with FOM a number of times, changing terms and figures.

• Agree 1