Jump to content Jump to content

What do we want? Large track roster!!! When do we want it??


Recommended Posts

Been bugging me... I never said about turning this into anything other than a Formula one game... Also I said tracks capable off hosting a F1 race... For instance  Sepang,  even India.. both tracks Codemasters have used in previous years.   When F1 cane under new management...  They said that raising F1 profile worldwide was fundamental... Hence increasing the amount off races per season...  They would prefer to race every weekend if it were possible: As it would keep F1 in the news week in week out.. and not sporadically like now.   F1 in the current climate is in danger off disappearing..   best way to keep it relevant is increasing its popularity..   It’s the reason so much effort has been put into next seasons changes..  This game as it’s a official F1 game is a way for F1 to attract new followers especially amongst younger generations..:  The more F1 related features cm can put in this game you can better your life FOM would want..

But this game is limited by what extra features it can use... It’s not a game like Project cars, grid or forza... it’s series specific...  So we get things like career mode and myteam.. Myteam overall has been a success...  And this is why xtra track roster is essential.  

Career modes last 10 seasons... after a few seasons it becomes just routine... however at the start off every season we can choose how many races and the ability, if you choose 16 race season. To swap in and out tracks in the current roster.  So with that in mind.

Every season F1 has a different race locations and also amount off races in a season.  The amount off races depends mainly on if they can fit them into season.   Every track wants to hold a F1 race.  Look at what silverstone did to keep f1 racing there..

 

Whrn it comes to locations FOM hold most off the cards.

So if a career lasts 10 seasons to keep it interesting like real F1 more tracks in the roster to swap in and out./

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the China example in f1 2021, there is some room that could be worked, especially considering how erratic the f1 calendar has been in the pandemic years.

I would not mind if the game behaved like it is now, first season always the official season in full calendar, then you could do your touch from season 2 onwards and all clear for the tracks in other modes, as does f2 with their f1 made calendar as well.

Is it worth as a business move? I dont know, but that would really add value to the game

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

And to have a team big enough to compete their objectives on time as clearly they aren't. (broken games on release) But yeah the more tracks outside the calender the better.

I’m hoping as much as I fear ea’s motives.  I think their size and resources can help.

And codemasters to keep their focus on what they know and do well and not try to be clever and cool and shoehorn in modes not properly thought through. 

For years every review I’ve read pretty much says... As F1 specific it does have the scope off other racing sims.. But when it comes to on track racing ai competition.  No other sim comes close.

Bring F1 specific is an advantage.  Instead off thinking up new modes and stories...  by continuing  making the F1 series ai better.. 

When I was on pc2 forum I posted ad much as I loved the scope off the game I find racing the ai compared to f1 useless.  Pretty much every one was in agreement 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2021 at 6:40 PM, FS7 said:

Not true, I played F1 2013 a lot and did many custom race weekends on the classic tracks using 2013 cars.

That‘s the point. Why adding classic tracks was possible in 2013 and now in 2021 not anymore?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2013 was 8 years ago. Contracts like this usually get either renewed or entirely renegotiated in that time frame. The current deal was set in 2019 and is good up to 2025. The current licensing is hardly in the same conditions and extent that it was back in 2013.

Bottom line is, even if Codemasters have the exclusive license to depict everything F1 since 2008, it's hardly the same deal only renewed from time to time. They probably sat around with FOM a number of times, changing terms and figures.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, marioho said:

2013 was 8 years ago. Contracts like this usually get either renewed or entirely renegotiated in that time frame. The current deal was set in 2019 and is good up to 2025. The current licensing is hardly in the same conditions and extent that it was back in 2013.

Bottom line is, even if Codemasters have the exclusive license to depict everything F1 since 2008, it's hardly the same deal only renewed from time to time. They probably sat around with FOM a number of times, changing terms and figures.

You are right, but we’re just speculating at what they are/aren’t allowed to include in the terms of that deal.

Also, the exact same point you’re making means there’s nothing stopping them renegotiating the deal if it suits them - of course it would have to suit all parties but as others have said here including more tracks could achieve that.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

They would prefer to race every weekend if it were possible: As it would keep F1 in the news week in week out.. and not sporadically like now.   F1 in the current climate is in danger off disappearing..   best way to keep it relevant is increasing its popularity..   It’s the reason so much effort has been put into next seasons changes..  

 

I don't think that's the only reason bud. In my opinion it's more so the fact that the outcome of the races was known before they even started, i.e. Mercedes/Hamilton dominance and the races were largely boring apart from lap 1 drama. I'd say 2020 and 2021 have been the exceptions with Covid in the mix but F1 is incredibly boring to watch compared to other series of racing. On the extreme end of the scale, look at BTCC and how close the racing is there, how close the championship is and how exciting it is is. Yes it's like comparing apples to oranges to an extent but the BTCC is far more enjoyable to watch than F1. 

 

The 2022 regulations and car changes are supposed to promote more overtaking and closer/wheel to wheel racing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

You are right, but we’re just speculating at what they are/aren’t allowed to include in the terms of that deal.

Also, the exact same point you’re making means there’s nothing stopping them renegotiating the deal if it suits them - of course it would have to suit all parties but as others have said here including more tracks could achieve that.

Yep, pretty much what I said on the first page here:

Quote

Back on topic, I'd wager it's safe to assume that Codemasters would want to pack their games to the brim with content they already have, which includes classic cars and tracks. Not only that, just imagine being able to go through, say, the current hybrid era in a career game, driving the "classic" cars that actually were the final product of F1 2018, F1 2019 etc? The livery updates season after season, the calendar roster... This is all content already present in Codemasters database.

A few weeks ago Microsoft announced they'd be delisting one of their Forza games. Reason, the license for the cars had expired. Imagine that, not being able to buy a digital game that is already made, patched and updated, just sitting idly at the Xbox store servers, because the license expired?

Licensing is tough business sealed in a room with suited up individuals trading offers and discussing minutiae of contract clauses. Very often these deals deviate from what common sense would have as reasonable just because one side of the table managed to arm wrestle the other out of it for a couple more quids. 

Hopefully, with EA adding to our side of the table (yeah, I chuckled) Codies can wrangle better deals in the future. There are interesting ideas being dropped in this forum that didn't even occur to me before, like having "legacy" tracks available for GP mode, detached from the F1 202x Championship®. That's a substantially different proposal from simply portraying the current championship everywhere. Costs extra, but then again, licensing is an extended and tiring bargaining. That suits EA well 😉

That's one of my hopes for positive outcomes out of the EA acquisition. Just look at the football genre and we can see how doggedly EA can seize licenses. Or their exclusivity deal over the Star Wars IP back in 2013.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2021 at 5:10 PM, ScaredDuck said:

Let’s say i own a modern race track with all the facilities to host F1.  Which only gets used weekends for professional races.  And during the week it’s mainly trackdays...  

one day  cm contact me and indicate they are interested in using my track as part off their track roster for  their official F1 game that’s sold worldwide..  would I agree to do it for free? Of course I would... free worldwide advertising.. if nothing else people locally who raced on my track in game.  Might pay to do an occasional trackday.

Not that easy?  It’s easy to send a mail 

But its not for free.
Imagine licensing a single track costs 5000 $ (just guessing)
You can work out for yourself how expensive it could be for 20 + tracks
Do not think that there would be something for free in a business like this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2021 at 12:57 PM, Silverchris said:

At end of day we don’t know the legal deal signed by codemasters with fia, the deal may block using any track but ones that appear in that years racing in real life and fia may refuse to allow anything but that.

FIA has nothing to do with this. The FOM is the organisation that controls licenses and promotional matters of the F1 brand.

But you're right, nobody knows what deals were signed and what deals can or can't be accomplished by CM in the future. It's just speculation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

But its not for free.
Imagine licensing a single track costs 5000 $ (just guessing)
You can work out for yourself how expensive it could be for 20 + tracks
Do not think that there would be something for free in a business like this.

I just cutting down to basics... I’m not great with writing what I mean.  I’m not a wordsmith.  But I do know business.., and whenever a opportunity presents itself.  You listen to what’s on offer. And tracks have high running costs... and anything that helps covers costs.  All cm have to do is make enquires about the use off their track as i option in career mode it’d not a feature race so all depends on the price.  As ultimately both sides will mutually benefit so anyone demanding to much.  You say sorry it’s more than we are willing to pay.  Thank you for your time bye bye... cm have lost nothing... the track has lost both revenue and featuring on a f1 licensed game sold worldwide.  Tracks are only in a position off strength if some one really wants to license their track if it’s inclusion is fundamental.  As a sweetner cm could say if their track at any point during the licensing period gets added to the actual F1 roster., then the track would obviously gey the licensing fee

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I just cutting down to basics... I’m not great with writing what I mean.  I’m not a wordsmith.  But I do know business.., and whenever a opportunity presents itself.  You listen to what’s on offer. And tracks have high running costs... and anything that helps covers costs.  All cm have to do is make enquires about the use off their track as i option in career mode it’d not a feature race so all depends on the price.  As ultimately both sides will mutually benefit so anyone demanding to much.  You say sorry it’s more than we are willing to pay.  Thank you for your time bye bye... cm have lost nothing... the track has lost both revenue and featuring on a f1 licensed game sold worldwide.  Tracks are only in a position off strength if some one really wants to license their track if it’s inclusion is fundamental.  As a sweetner cm could say if their track at any point during the licensing period gets added to the actual F1 roster., then the track would obviously gey the licensing fee

 

I dont think this is solely to the owners of tracks that are not on the calendar.. I think the tracks that are on the calendar would not wanna lose the advertisement that the game is and tracks like Russia would be instantly switched out by almost every player if we had a big roster. So its a loss for the present tracks and they might have a say in this but this is pure speculation

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

I dont think this is solely to the owners of tracks that are not on the calendar.. I think the tracks that are on the calendar would not wanna lose the advertisement that the game is and tracks like Russia would be instantly switched out by almost every player if we had a big roster. So its a loss for the present tracks and they might have a say in this but this is pure speculation

Fair point cause for me Monaco and japan would be gone..  however when you start a career. First season you race the actual line up.. it’s not until following season you can starting swapping

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Fair point cause for me Monaco and japan would be gone..  however when you start a career. First season you race the actual line up.. it’s not until following season you can starting swapping

For now yes but the track owners and Sponsors could still be ******** about it.. But i feel like this is the best way to make it possible!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

For now yes but the track owners and Sponsors could still be ******** about it.. But i feel like this is the best way to make it possible!

They wouldn’t do that it gives them a tiny tiny in.. if for instance  Sepang became one off the most popular tracks amongst the online leagues... It something they can point at when fom are looking what tracks to hold races at in upcoming seasons.   Fom wouldnt dismiss it without looking into it.  After people that play f1 games are f1 fans

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

They wouldn’t do that it gives them a tiny tiny in.. if for instance  Sepang became one off the most popular tracks amongst the online leagues... It something they can point at when fom are looking what tracks to hold races at in upcoming seasons.   Fom wouldnt dismiss it without looking into it.  After people that play f1 games are f1 fans

You missunderstood me, i meant Track owners and sponsors of the actual calendar. They wouldnt want fans to love other tracks so much more that FOM switches them out

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2021 at 4:06 PM, Axaios said:

has there been any news on increasing save slots in the coming patches? At least 3 for driver and 3 for myteam career?

Not that I remember seeing I'm afraid. I'd like a separate save for the championship that allowed me to run ad hoc GPs too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the new rules coming in FOM has allowed different car variations so no two cars will look the same. My hope (as with tracks outside the calender) is that FOM car has different variations of car designs to work from. So we can choose different chassis on my team when we start our career. This depends if codemasters is given the freedom a few years from now. Instead of restricting them to the only my team FOM car design we have now.  

 

Edited by Chromatic
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...