Sign in to follow this  

[Improvement] Compression start after a stall

I am often stalling (manual h-pattern shifting w/ clutch) due to not downshifting when I'm slowing down. I would be nice to be able to pop it back in to 2nd or 1st while still rolling, release the clutch and start going again. I used to do this a lot in RBR :)

KickUp said:
Hello, You can already do this in DiRT Rally.
Oh really?  I've never had that work for me.. hmm.

On the topic of stalls....  Is it me or do you lose complete control of the car when it stalls.  Like all steering input?  I'll have to double check that but it seems something weird is going on when you stall.

Try switching clutch over-ride on/off and ABS to 1, I haven't stalled since & if I have, the car restarts.

KevM said:
Try switching clutch over-ride on/off and ABS to 1, I haven't stalled since & if I have, the car restarts.

Doesn't help and maybe its worth mentioning that I use H-pattern+clutch.

Yes yes yes! This is so annoying. Sometimes the engine stalls at high speeds when I lock the rear wheels. In real life the engine would come alive again as soon as I lift the clutch when in gear.

In Dirt the only way to restart the engine is to press down on the clutch pedal. Not very realistic.

Yep, I still have this issue sometimes but have learned to mitigate it somewhat by not braking too much while in high gears.

please please please check this out codies. i find the biggest offender to this is the '99 subaru impreza (all other cars still do it). i stall it coming up to tight turns after a long straight or under hard braking due to its small rpm range and tall gearing. i would like to be able to put it in first and pop the clutch and hear the boxer rumble back to life. but it just locks the rear wheels and i have to hold the clutch and wait way too long for the engine to start back up. please take another look because you said it works... but it doesn't. maybe you should also know i use the fanatec CSR wheel with CSR pedals and the CSR h-pattern shifter.