Jump to content Jump to content

broken floor bug

between yesterday and today, shooting in Belgium, me and other people on the FiT broke the bottom in the race in eau rouge.  we believe it breaks on one of the many bumps on the track.  it's not a normal thing ...

my video 

Another driver on FiT yesterday 

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Raffaello said:

between yesterday and today, shooting in Belgium, me and other people on the FiT broke the bottom in the race in eau rouge.  we believe it breaks on one of the many bumps on the track.  it's not a normal thing ...

my video 

Another driver on FiT yesterday 

Why is it a bug? If you bottom out by taking too much curb then you could get floor damage.

What were your setups for wings, springs, anti-roll bars and ride height?

Your lines seem to be riding too much of the kerbing on the left too. That's risky for the underfloor, even more depending on the setup. Your lines:

image.thumb.png.5e20477cfd113d800e2b6558876f59ad.png

image.thumb.png.881a0ed9ec8f20d8fdf64d94335db515.png

Comparing to a couple hotlaps you get on Youtube:

image.png.9d2c7afda849ea6c8e7132a0630ecbeb.png

image.png.8485054cc7751a182b1b18caf1920a4f.png

• Agree 1
9 hours ago, marioho said:

What were your setups for wings, springs, anti-roll bars and ride height?

Your lines seem to be riding too much of the kerbing on the left too. That's risky for the underfloor, even more depending on the setup. Your lines:

image.thumb.png.5e20477cfd113d800e2b6558876f59ad.png

image.thumb.png.881a0ed9ec8f20d8fdf64d94335db515.png

Comparing to a couple hotlaps you get on Youtube:

image.png.9d2c7afda849ea6c8e7132a0630ecbeb.png

image.png.8485054cc7751a182b1b18caf1920a4f.png

wings: 6-5 suspensions: 2-5-2-5-4-6
if you look closely we both broke the floor in half eau rouge

we do not know if it is a bug, in our opinion it is the fault of the track, because almost all the tracks are full of non-existent bumps, and with damage on simulation it is impossible

2 hours ago, Raffaello said:

wings: 6-5 suspensions: 2-5-2-5-4-6
if you look closely we both broke the floor in half eau rouge

we do not know if it is a bug, in our opinion it is the fault of the track, because almost all the tracks are full of non-existent bumps, and with damage on simulation it is impossible

Have you tried height of 7 9 for example? The compression is quiet high at this point of track. And maybe try to avoid more of the curb there. 

Edited by DonBlanko
57 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

Have you tried height of 7 9 for example? The compression is quiet high at this point of track. And maybe try to avoid more of the curb there. 

I will try, but the fact remains that it is not a normal thing, in Q I have never had any problems.  last night in that race we started in 18 and we arrived in 5 for this problem

E09275D5-19BA-4A76-93B6-481951CA57AD.jpeg

DF657B0E-5811-4E5A-94CC-28CAF215437F.jpeg

26 minutes ago, VaiVeloce said:

The Youtuber Aarava had this issue as well in his latest Spa Myteam Video. In his video it appears everytime in Q1/Q2/Q3, so either it really is a bug or you have to be especially careful in Spa on F1 2021.

if you look he got eau rouge going less on the curb than me, and he broke the floor anyway, so i don't think it's a problem to go up curb

it is still half the car is on the curb, a piece of floor should touch, since according to the theory of some it is that it is the fault of the curb

6A101F64-BE67-4F23-B714-DECCBDFBA5F8.png

73A71E7C-4C6D-4999-B108-9AE7DA9C4369.png

I agree about it being a bug since day one. It's inconsistent with how floor damage is calculated in other tracks. Different lines don't fix the issue and the numbers needed in terms of ride height are sky high. We're not talking about punishing 1-2 or 2-3. I don't find realistic that we have to run 6-10 or 7-9 just to save the car while in Austria we can ride all the kerbs we want with average/low ride height. It doesn't make sense...

• Agree 4
20 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

But it interferes with my preferred line so it’s broke...right?

I’ve spent quite a lot of time heading up Eau Rouge, hitting flashback over and over again. Experimenting with different lines, using photo mode to analyse how much is too much curb. You can make it up Eau Rouge with a low ride hight, but you have use a lot less curb than shown in this thread. Even with maximum ride hight, the line in the above photo will cause floor damage as too much curb is used, im my opinion.

• Agree 1
47 minutes ago, Jobling1983 said:

I’ve spent quite a lot of time heading up Eau Rouge, hitting flashback over and over again. Experimenting with different lines, using photo mode to analyse how much is too much curb. You can make it up Eau Rouge with a low ride hight, but you have use a lot less curb than shown in this thread. Even with maximum ride hight, the line in the above photo will cause floor damage as too much curb is used, im my opinion.

Funny enough I’m in flashbacks back he’ll on oh rude right this minute... got my setup wrong... wet race... drying up just as my inters are dead... as always with the scripting., do I stay out another lap  or gamble on slicks,  staying out I’m finished.  Took the game come out off pit traffic all round me.... all things considered the game has enabled script which is helping ai cheat so.,. I will get up oh rude without dying even if I have flashbacks and nightmares all week.

hate scripting and ai chests and rubberbanding

• Haha 1

The reason for it happening in the race but not in quali is fuel load. The extra weight it brings is significant.

I raced at Spa and did not have this problem for taking less kerb down there on Eau Rouge, but it doesn't mean that the damage rate is correct for those that mount the kerbing. It'd be better to report as an issue for the devs to look at anyway. Not a bug, but an unbalance. 

2 hours ago, F1Superfan said:

I'm sorry but I have to.

kerb = raised edge on the side of the road

curb = to restrain or hold back.

Haha I prefer kerb (and tyres, usually) but this is an American English vs British English thing. FIA official documentation follows the UK orthography and vice versa for the numberless US motorsports self-governing bodies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone considered stiffer suspension yet.. you know the thing designed to reduce the movement up and down of the car. 

jacking your ride up to reduce bottoming out is all well and good, but if your suspension is soft as butter its still gonna fling that thing into the ground like a kid chucking a tantrum when there

are sudden elevation changes like eau rouge (goes from driving down, to up).

• Agree 1
18 hours ago, marioho said:

but this is an American English vs British English thing. 

British English doesn't need the qualifier of British before it. It's simply English, any other type of English needs the qualifier before it, i.e. American English. 

Edited by Sonic6L