Jump to content Jump to content

Driver Ratings formula discovered!

So, while digging again through F1 2021 on PC (because I like to do that every now and then), I managed to accidentally discover the information regarding the Driver Ratings. It also included "weightings" used for calculating, which simplified things massively.

paveikslas.png.ba1e03a852d0c4ed3924cc49ac1e0e4d.png

(Snippet of the code example used - I would provide it in a spoilered text form, but I can't seem to find this function...)

In any case, after a quick calculation using my fancy Excel Driver Ratings sheet and also using a ROUND function, the formula for calculating is as follows:

OVR = ((EXP * 0,25) + (RCT * 1) + (AWA * 1) + (PAC * 2)) / 4,25

After checking with ROUND function, I got the exact same Overall values as they are now.

Quick explanation:

• OVR - Overall
  • EXP - Experience Value
  • RCT - Racecraft Value
  • AWA - Awareness Value
  • PAC - Pace Value
  • 4,25 is a combination of all the weighting values, which seemed to work
  • Focus has zero impact on Overall

So now I guess we can discuss whether any of these need a change or not 😆

• Like 2

Personally seems ok but is pace better than  racecraft.  Not sure..  In F1 I suppose fastest win races... And Racecraft not that it’s not important but you could argue compared to other types off racing... touring cars for instance..  F1 drivers esp those at the front rely on their pace and although Hamilton loves and wants to race wheel to wheel.  He very rarely uses his race  craft skills.  Awareness should be o.5 

10 hours ago, mantazzo said:

So, while digging again through F1 2021 on PC (because I like to do that every now and then), I managed to accidentally discover the information regarding the Driver Ratings. It also included "weightings" used for calculating, which simplified things massively.

paveikslas.png.ba1e03a852d0c4ed3924cc49ac1e0e4d.png

(Snippet of the code example used - I would provide it in a spoilered text form, but I can't seem to find this function...)

In any case, after a quick calculation using my fancy Excel Driver Ratings sheet and also using a ROUND function, the formula for calculating is as follows:

OVR = ((EXP * 0,25) + (RCT * 1) + (AWA * 1) + (PAC * 2)) / 4,25

After checking with ROUND function, I got the exact same Overall values as they are now.

Quick explanation:

• OVR - Overall
  • EXP - Experience Value
  • RCT - Racecraft Value
  • AWA - Awareness Value
  • PAC - Pace Value
  • 4,25 is a combination of all the weighting values, which seemed to work
  • Focus has zero impact on Overall

So now I guess we can discuss whether any of these need a change or not 😆

Nice find.. But what interests me more is if there is a way to mod the stats ourselves taking full effect ingame?

2 hours ago, mantazzo said:

^Have to look further into that - potential is there (I think), but will need some figuring out how does it work first, because it doesn't look like a simple value change.

Yeah thats what i thought too haha

Where is all this located? Maybe i can help with the search😀