Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 PS5, Can't Drop the Clutch!

Using bug report format below.

1. I cannot drop the clutch at all when using a racing wheel on the PS5. More info below.

2. Version of the game is 1.10.808044

3. Happens in any game mode in which you start directly in the grid. i.e. it isn't an issue if starting from the garage or doing a flying lap.

4. The issue occurs only with the steering wheel connected (see hardware desc in point 7). Issue goes away if using only the PS5 controller. Issue will occur on the PS5 controller if the steering wheel is also paired with PS5. Issue does not go away if clutch drop button is remapped. All buttons on the wheel work. The game even recognizes all buttons when re-mapping. It refuses to recognize the assigned button is being pressed only when needing to drop the clutch.

5. This problem occurs every time as described above.

6. I've tried troubleshooting as described in point 4. I've also completely reinstalled the game to see if the problem would go away. It did not.

7. The steering wheel is the Logitech G Dual-Motor Feedback Driving Force G29 Gaming Racing Wheel with pedals. (It has a switch for PS3 and PS4, currently set to PS4)

8. Video of issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYbUfwkRrEE&t=9s&ab_channel=AntonioOrtiz

This is my first real racing game and it totally rocks. I really want this bug fixed because it such a big part of the game. It seems almost as if I am the only having problems because my setup is somewhat niche. I hope this gets seen by the devs. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I think I just found a trick to get rid of this bug. I have a G923 so hoping this works the same on G29s. What I did was I binded the clutch to the actual clutch pedal, which worked and I could get off the line. When I switched it back to my right paddle it had fixed it back to normal. Hope this helps!