Jump to content Jump to content

Performance Mode Fix on Series X - When?

Is there anything new regarding the 120 fps performance mode on Xbox Series X? The in-game wheel is flickering and visually lagging when this mode is enabled in any mode at any time. It's very annoying while driving. Will this be fixed or updated soon? Quality mode is fine but most people would prefer to have the smoother frames.

Not sure if Codemasters is even aware of this. @BarryBL can you clear this up?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'd have a quick search of the bug section if I were you, and if you can't find a suitable thread just start one. I'd include TV details too in case this is relevant, as I have a suspicion this isn't an issue all XSX players are experiencing.

Agreed as I have watched YouTube vids of people streaming races using series x and steering wheel and while it accepted that there is a 0.2 delay from steering wheel to car turning( not on pc though) they don’t have the problems this thread has stated.

Maybe also worth a net search to check your wheel and screen set ups are right too surprising what a little change can make( found that with my controller settings).

20 hours ago, Silverchris said:

Agreed as I have watched YouTube vids of people streaming races using series x and steering wheel and while it accepted that there is a 0.2 delay from steering wheel to car turning( not on pc though) they don’t have the problems this thread has stated.

Maybe also worth a net search to check your wheel and screen set ups are right too surprising what a little change can make( found that with my controller settings).

Odd. I have been missing my apex.. consistantly... I thought it is me... Its not? Delaying response?

On 9/15/2021 at 7:04 AM, GestirnZinker97 said:

Is there anything new regarding the 120 fps performance mode on Xbox Series X? The in-game wheel is flickering and visually lagging when this mode is enabled in any mode at any time. It's very annoying while driving. Will this be fixed or updated soon? Quality mode is fine but most people would prefer to have the smoother frames.

Not sure if Codemasters is even aware of this. @BarryBL can you clear this up?

I play on XSX here; I always have mine in quality mode though.  I ran one race in performance mode when the game first came out to see the difference but never noticed any issues of course several patches have come out since then.

I'll try a race shortly in performance mode to see if I have these issues.

I just ran two races in performance mode and I didn't notice any issues visually driving in cockpit view or any other view you can see the wheel.  I never pay much attention to it and i was actually quite impressed by how cool the shadows from the halo look as they move across the inside of the cockpit as I was driving.  guess I only just noticed it as I was focused on it.   If anything maybe I felt the steering wheel was turning slower than id expect, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary to me.  No flickers etc.

• Like 1