Sign in to follow this  

#FeedbackFriday - 16/10/15

Hey guys, this week we want to catch up with you and see how you feel about the following things, give us a quick score out of ten and provide us any feedback you can on what we can do better.

This week we want to hear how you guys feel about our communication:
- How do you feel about our communication overall?
- Do you feel like we're listening to your feedback?
- What do you feel we could do better to improve it?
- How involved to you feel with the development of DiRT Rally?

I think it's a bit hard to know where to communicate with you guys. Facebook? Twitter? Steam? Here? I've left all my bug-reports and suggestions on this forum only, but I am not sure what  would be the correct way.

Other than that, it was brilliant, we'll have to wait and see what happens with the new community manager :)

been pretty good over all.there was a small gap when lee left but that cant be helped.even when he left you carried on and most things have been crystal clear.

would be nice if you do a kinda whats coming plan.i say this as there is a few things commented on but im not clear on .

car set ups that show how and what is best. still dont fully understand this. there has been a few guides by community members but they havent proved they are good or by Devs. i would love a extensive guide so i know exactly what does what for each car .track.so i can get the best out of my cars.

also a match set up of any friend or top time.

those two things would transform this game.

i do feel that we do have input on how the games come along very nicely and it shows with how most regard it so highly.

one thing i would love to know about is what will be dirt rallys life after released ? will more content come ? if so by what means ? free , DLC.

i think you could literally add more content for another year with this game even after release and it would just keep growing.

so many cars , tracks, courses you could add which arnt in yet.

- Communication overall is superb. Compared to the level of interaction 5 or 10 years ago, what you're doing here is superb. To be honest, the Road Books you have been doing since Lee left have been more up on fact and info than those before and a great tool. The amount you give on the forum and on Twitter are also superb. 9/10

- Spot on reactions to our feedback. You're taking it into account and implementing changes quickly, based on what we ask for. A lot of those aren't necessarily for my liking, but I read all the forums and see themes occurring. Most things people request you're working on or it's clear you're away of. 9/10

- To improve it, I would suggest working with moderators pull together the 'clues' and communications that you have made and a more genuine FAQ. For instance, you're often asked about licensing and you've made some great posts on here about it, but having the answer a generic form of "have you considered car X,Y,Z" in a long FAQ stickied here, Steam and Reddit would be greatly useful in reducing the number of duplicate threads and posts. Even "we can't say yet" as an answer to the numerous "what happens after Sweden?" would help. Especially at Steam it is a few users doing most of the de-facto moderating and linking to Tweets, Road Books or forum posts. You're welcome to DM me if you want a hand tying something together (I did something similar for R3E at some point)

- Very involved. I think upcoming content could be previewed a bit better in advance, rather than being a near secret until its release, but you're certainly developing a game in the mould of what is being asked for. With regards to upcoming content, I like the AC/R3E/rF2 method of announcing it well up front and then showing screens, video and occasional sound snippets building up to a release, but not sure how easy that would be to do for new features.

Either way, any details I'm pointing out are minor, minor gripes; on the whole the atmosphere here and your communication is as good as the game itself; a great foundation, just needs some polishing around the edges, but you can't please all of the people all of the time and you're doing a great job of 'most of the people most of the time'.

give us a quick score out of ten
9/10

Superb communication.

Yes.

Not much that can improve to be honest, perhaps a tad more replies in topics, and explain a bit more in detail how things are going to be adressed!

I'm practically a co-worker. ;)

10/10
100%
Maybe a bit more activity in forums, just like @Porkhammer said.
Well I try my best to find some bugs here and there, but overall I'm not feeling that involved.

Overall I've been very pleased with the communications from you all. Obviously right now it's hard for you without a comms manager, but we know you'll have that sorted soon. Just keep making awesome stuff :D 

Not bad considering...  You have more important things to be doing in fairness!

Bugs and minor inconveniences are listened to and quickly remedied.  Thankfully,  some of the sillier repetitive suggestions are disregarded!

If & when you get another community manager in, let them do their bit on here.  You guys have enough to be getting on with.

Not terribly, but I think that Paul seems to have the concept for what he wants from a Rally game fairly bang on & he should stick with that.  So even if we're only here for reassurance along the way, then thats fine by me!! 

8/10

- How do you feel about our communication overall? -
Could've been better, as in even a small post on a thread in a form of "We're looking into the matter". Gives a re-assuring feeling that the matter is being looked into. Otherwise the communication exists in a solid form but it's a bit too rare. You guys obviously can't spend all the time in a forum, but those 20 seconds to make a short post won't kill the progress... right?
- Do you feel like we're listening to your feedback? - partially yes and partially no. When an update is released we usually see that you do listen, but in the middle of the month it feels like we're being left off slightly. That is if you don't include the Gossipers xD
- What do you feel we could do better to improve it? - Maybe releasing smaller updates, like the stuttering fix itself as a 0.81 update or something along those lines. Being more visible on the forums would help as well. I would say the problem lies not that you don't listen, but that we don't know for sure if you listen.
- How involved to you feel with the development of DiRT Rally? - To do that I need to start posting things that are in my head, so the issue so far lies with me. I assume it's time to suggest that chase cam improvement, give some solid feedback that can actually be put into the monthly updates. However seeing as the discussions that are happening here can lead to some actual changes in the game, I would say that some people can definitely feel involved. How much though is beyond me.

7/10
Feels good; As other said, I would like to see where Codemasters is more active/responsive: steam, this forums,..?

8/10
Yeah, I think so. Since its been represented on game at last.
But here in the forums, there are many polls with 50+ votes per option and we cannot see a single word of a CM member.

Suggestion box could be a bit more responsive IMHO. As I said before, there are a bunch of great ideas (with big activity) out there but we dont know the opinion of Codemasters about them. It will be great to know if they are acceptable, doable or just stupid :)

10/10
Pretty much! I love how the game is taking shape and I cant stop following its creation. To be honest, I think I give you some good improvement & features ideas... besides feedback after new version realises; after all I visit and participate on the forums every single day since july (the date I purchased DR)

I think it is fine, it dropped off when Lee left for obvious reasons. The weekly updates have continued so that is enough for me. I know some would like more individual attention in the forums, but I don't really feel the need to have my ideas directly validated by developers. I imagine their time is better spent on the game anyway.

Absolutely, the changes in the game clearly address issues people have with the game. When a hot item is not viable / possible / within scope that is communicated as well (ex: car licensing).

A little more detail in the roadbooks would be nice in lieu of an active community manager. It covers the highlights, but it would be cool to see even more minor things addressed as well.

Very involved, I have had a bug I reported fixed and a beef I had with how leagues work addressed as well. The game is clearly community focused and it shows in every update.

I'll write a more helpful reply, with the stated criteria...

Fantastic. It has unsurprisingly taken a dip in recent weeks, but there's an obvious reason for that.

Absolutely! Often times we'll get an explanation of what the team have taken on board, and which ideas are likely or unlikely to make the cut. We get to know where most of our ideas stand. It's great to see when one of the proposed features gets patched into the game, too. 

It's great as it is. 

Very involved! I feel like we all know each other, you know? Like, on a deep and personal level. I was maybe thinking about asking you all out to the cinema, and then for a bite to eat... am I going too fast? Oh I'm going too fast aren't I, I'm sorry! Take your time though. I'll give you my number and we can netflix and chill anytime you want, and I'll even cook. I'm cool with a KFC though, I don't mind. Are you free right now? Nah, you're right, that's a little short notice. Call me? 

Since Lee left some communication has been lacking obviously, but the road books every week are great and give the community some insight into what you're working on and what's to come.  The Dirt Show is also fantastic, and I like how you tried to answer some of the more important questions in the last show instead of the easy ones.

Yes!  The most hot topics since launch have been worked on or resolved.  The FFB overhaul based on the outcry for it, physics 2.0 based on our feedback, mouse support, upcoming seat position adjustments are huge ones.  There are so many great suggestions for features and stuff, and a lot of absurd ones.  I feel you are taking the most important ones into consideration on fixing first.  We'll see how it progresses but overall I'm very happy how DR is shaping up.  My excitement for it only got better after the 2.0 physics, instead of dumbing it down you went for an even more realistic model that can be a little harder to drive than the planted feel of the launch title.  It still needs some work, but that's why I started the V2 physics discussion and most people agree on what issues they have with it so you have hundreds of posts of feedback to work on the V3/final (?) version.

As mentioned I think the road books and Dirt Show are fantastic, but it would nice to have a community manager again that can be a little more active on the forums.  It's really appreciated when you see one of the dev team members reply to a post but it's rare, but understandably, we want you working on our ultimate rally sim anyways!

Maybe not so much personally, but as a community I am very active on I think we are really helping shape the outcome.  As previously mentioned I believe Codies and @KickUp have a pretty clear vision of what they want at the end of early access.  But, it's been pretty apparent from the start that vision is a more focused, realistic and authentic rally experience.  We are well on our way to that, I still have my nostalgia for RBR but DR is miles ahead already and I can't wait to see what the future brings.  I quit sim racing for almost 3 years, you guys brought me back so thank you and keep up the great work!   

Oh.... and support it post release with DLC.  :)

This week we want to hear how you guys feel about our communication:
9/10

9/10
Nothing. Don't let your execs break it. :smiley: 
Honestly, probably too much. 
Was so excited about this game that I built an enclosed sim, learned Processing to make a HUD, and bought a G27.  I need to get the house ready for winter and my cars need a lot of work before then. 5,748 miles. 

Only going to add one thing here, please let your execs know that people who like this kind of game are the quieter type, and i think you're doing the right thing in the right way with DR, thank you for an exciting EA setup with Steam and a really fun game to boot.  It's good fun reading official replies and interaction with us, that's worth it to us.

8/10-->I love all the things that you do all the week, and the streaming before the update, it's really cool!
7/10--> In overall yes, but is so annoying to suggest something on the suggestions forum, and you never know if the codes read the suggestion.I think it's necessary for us  know if  it's worth to suggest something and if this suggest will be read for someone from codemasters... Also you should (IMHO) comment some posts and say your opinion (not all obviously, but the most important yes) about the most important  thinks like "if tarmac is okay", or if the 4WD cars should oversteer more..." etc...
Write more, i know that you are an  human!!...or not? :blush: 
- How involved to you feel with the development of DIRT Rally?
8/10--> I'm really happy to be a part of the early access of this amazing game :smile: 

Thank you guys!

Comment vous sentez-vous au sujet de notre communication globale?
Je serais déjà génial, enfin une réelle communication entre les développeurs et les joueurs. À mon avis, il est essentiel. 9/10

Comment vous sentez-vous au sujet de notre communication globale?
Je pense que vous faites votre travail très bien, nous savons tous que cela ne devrait pas être très facile, puisque le célèbre Richard Burns Rally, aucun éditeur avait attaqué le rallye comme vous le faites. Vous avez beaucoup à faire et il ya beaucoup de nos besoins que vous obtenez de nous rencontrer. 8/10

Que pensez-vous que nous pourrions faire mieux pour l'améliorer?
Continuer à nous donner des informations sur ce que vous faites pour l'évolution de le jeu. 7/10

Comment impliquer pour vous vous sentez avec le développement de DiRT Rallye? 9/10
communiquer avec vous à propos de mes sentiments, je suis très heureux de faire partie de cette grande expérience. l'accès précoce à ce que, à mon avis est susceptible de devenir la nouvelle référence en rallye jeu therm.
Ne pas couper ce fil!

Thanks all. I've collated this feedback and will be sending it around the team.

We'll try and do as much as we can to talk to you more. We are listening but we are pretty swamped with making the game and without @JustBigLee we are struggling to communicate as much as we should be.

KickUp said:

Thanks all. I've collated this feedback and will be sending it around the team.

We'll try and do as much as we can to talk to you more. We are listening but we are pretty swamped with making the game and without @JustBigLee we are struggling to communicate as much as we should be.

Don't worry about it. We all know you're all working hard, so messages like your one just now is enough to let us know the craic, up until the new guy/girl starts. Thanks for the update!

Yeah. I personally want to thank your comments and feedback on some of my suggestions. :blush: 

I realize that extracting some time to post must be very hard, but there are some great ideas around that really worth it.

You´ve been busy today here.

Things like this gives us a rush of optimism!

Thank you

OzoreXS said:
I realize that extracting some time to post must be very hard, but there are some great ideas around that really worth it.

You´ve been busy today here.

Things like this gives us a rush of optimism!

Thank you
This so much. Seeing the communication, however small it may be, is a really good thing. Definitely boosts up the "morale" of the community :D