Jump to content Jump to content

Can somebody explain whether this is intended or just another happy accident?

image.thumb.png.bf6a284aa38cf44412b7df6f697f5467.png

I know the livery designers seems to be obsessed with asymmetrical designs, but is this one on the halo section an intended choice or just an accident which should be fix?

This livery used to be one of my favorites in 2020, so I'm certain that the black section on the halo in this pic was NOT asymmetrical in the original. I mean...it's weird that only this bit is asymmetrical when the rest of the design is not.

Can I get any confirmation on this? or may be I should report it as a bug? Honestly this is stopping me from taking out my wallet even when I'm already running out of coins. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Haha 1
  • DRTApophis changed the title to Can somebody explain whether this is intended or just another happy accident?
2 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

image.thumb.png.bf6a284aa38cf44412b7df6f697f5467.png

I know the livery designers seems to be obsessed with asymmetrical designs, but is this one on the halo section an intended choice or just an accident which should be fix?

This livery used to be one of my favorites in 2020, so I'm certain that the black section on the halo in this pic was NOT asymmetrical in the original. I mean...it's weird that only this bit is asymmetrical when the rest of the design is not.

Can I get any confirmation on this? or may be I should report it as a bug? Honestly this is stopping me from taking out my wallet even when I'm already running out of coins. 

You and me both fella... Not that I want that livery.. but every livery seems to have a Matt section, gloss section and a metallic bit.... then there are the chrome parts that when you put them in naked chrome they’ve have all sorts off other colour fleck in them which you can’t change colour... so im not gunna buy it if it flashes with my colour scheme.

dont worry about doing the colours and the paint finishes leave that to us

• Agree 1

If nobody dares to say, I do:

the liveries that came with F1 2021 so far are pretty crappy compared to previous games, there is only 1 or 2 of them you could really use in your myteam playthroughs. All the rest is zebra stripes or chess patterns all over the cars, and not in line with how F1 teams usually tend to design their cars. And those which dont, they have some fixed color segments, or chrome or matte parts where it just does not fit. Even the podium pass ones were bad, there was not a single livery design in season 1 pass that I would have wanted to pay for. Enough said.

We all have payed for countless liveries in previous iterations of this game though, and I wish there was a way to carry over your, say, 3 to 5 most beloved designs into the F1 2021 game.

• Agree 7
1 hour ago, CptBalloonhands said:

I just want some slick clean patterns, most of the liveries are way too busy and messy 😕

We are humans..... We are hardwired to find symmetry appealing and attractive...  We naturally find people with the symmetrical faces more attractive. Apparently caveman and woman would pick potential mates with the most symmetrical faces as it means less chance off having children with disabilities.... How right this is I’m not sure... but I didn’t read it on the internet.  Saw on bbc😁 so must be true.

Any case livery artist less is more... stop fiddling... 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1
33 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

If nobody dares to say, I do:

the liveries that came with F1 2021 so far are pretty crappy compared to previous games, there is only 1 or 2 of them you could really use in your myteam playthroughs. All the rest is zebra stripes or chess patterns all over the cars, and not in line with how F1 teams usually tend to design their cars. And those which dont, they have some fixed color segments, or chrome or matte parts where it just does not fit. Even the podium pass ones were bad, there was not a single livery design in season 1 pass that I would have wanted to pay for. Enough said.

We all have payed for countless liveries in previous iterations of this game though, and I wish there was a way to carry over your, say, 3 to 5 most beloved designs into the F1 2021 game.

There were a few that I quite like and managed to got them working, but season 2...it's difficult, very difficult to work with with all those big slabs of chrome and matte all over the places. 

20 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

We are humans..... We are hardwired to find symmetry appealing and attractive...  We naturally find people with the symmetrical faces more attractive. Apparently caveman and woman would pick potential mates with the most symmetrical faces as it means less chance off having children with disabilities.... How right this is I’m not sure... but I didn’t read it on the internet.  Saw on bbc😁 so must be true.

Any case livery artist less is more... stop fiddling... 

I'm totally fine with complicated asymmetrical designs, in fact, two of my top 5 all time favorite liveries were asymmetrical (Fate Testarossa RX-7 by Art Factory & the NFS Z4 GT3). The issue lies on whether it was done right or not, with the limitation on decals not having the option to add outlines, most complicated color combinations simply doesn't work. 

1 minute ago, Inverarity said:

Mine does the same. Meaning, the last two color choices affect the right side, while the first and last affect the left. I'm guessing it's by design.

I'm still going to report it as an issue, it just doesn't make any sense to have only that section on the halo being asymmetrical when the rest of the design is symmetrical, not to mention the same livery from F1 2020 was not like this.