Jump to content Jump to content

F2 - Fuel consumption is too high, can't finish the race

[PC]- In F2 races (50% Featue-Race) the fuel consumption is too high and results in not being able to finish the race with enough fuel

1.       No matter what I do, on the 'high fuel burn'-tracks (most recently portimao, singapore, ...) I am not able to finish the race. I always enter the low fuel mode somewhere close to the last 2 laps. Only tested in 50% and 25% Feature races. On 25% races, I can push fast all the time and still have way more than enough fuel left, curiously. For reference, I usually NEVER have to use any Fuel-saving techniques. It's only in F2 on those certain tracks.
My assist-settings are as usual:
ABS on
TC off
Auto-shifting (manual for testing purposes, but usually automatic)

2.       1.10, latest as of writing

3.       Grand-prix, offline and online. Does not seem to matter, as long as it's a F2 50% Feature-Race.

4.       Replication: Yes, based on whether I drive manual or automatic, low power mode is 100% guaranteed to trigger in the last 2 laps. With automatic it is sooner than with manual.

5.       Every time I am racing F2 on a 'high fuel burn'-track. Most recently, Portimao. Happens since 2020, 2019 I can't remember it being this bad.

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? Yes, a LOT! I tried all the assists, turning them on and off. I tried early up-shifting to save on fuel (with automatic AND manual shifting!). Did not help much. I tried different traction control methods to absolutely no effect whatsoever. I tried light lift-and-coasting. It only made me waay slower. Slow is not a solution, nor an option.

7.       I am racing with the Thrustmaster TMX Pro setup.

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? Not sure if this is necessary, but here is proof of my best attempt:20210917145608_1.thumb.jpg.a7f6f64e55b1da0c9ead5754608ae933.jpg

I made it to the last corner (~ -0.20 laps left) until entering Low-Power-mode. Manual shifting with heavy use of early upshifts and some lift-and-coasting.

Intel from last week's league race: 
Have been lift-and-coasting for the whole race and was noticeably slower. Manual shifting too.
Low-Power mode triggered ~50m before the finish line. This is not normal.

Bonedog reported similar problems to me (Auto shifting, medium TC, Controller).

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LSKone said:

Intel from last week's league race: 
Have been lift-and-coasting for the whole race and was noticeably slower. Manual shifting too.
Low-Power mode triggered ~50m before the finish line. This is not normal.

Bonedog reported similar problems to me (Auto shifting, medium TC, Controller).

With developers @LSKone. I've currently been unable to replicate, but maybe I'm just super kind to fuel 😛 

Regardless of the bad humour, send over 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...

I have this same issue. I run 100% races and out of fuel on last lap every time. As far as I know controlling the fuel mixture in F2 is not an option. Also have no control over how much fuel car has for qual. It's not enough for two laps. Did not have this issue as much in F1 2020.

Edited by mchriss
5 hours ago, mchriss said:

I have this same issue. I run 100% races and out of fuel on last lap every time. As far as I know controlling the fuel mixture in F2 is not an option. Also have no control over how much fuel car has for qual. It's not enough for two laps. Did not have this issue as much in F1 2020.

I agree with this, I find I can only do 1 hotlap in F2 and then run out of fuel about 75% of the way around lap 2. I didn't see this issue in F1 2020. I don't think there's a lot of people that play F2 but @BarryBL can this be investigated?