Jump to content Jump to content

F1 League Management Tool - Excel Sheet

OwenLewis

F1 League Management is an Excel template designed to help F1 2021 league owners track points, penalties, and other league statistics.

Download at: https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management

If you are experiencing problems or running into errors in the workbook, please look at https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management/issues/3 for possible solutions.

League Management

• Customize aspects of the sheet such as

• enabling custom team names and tracks,
    • how many points each position will earn drivers
    • how many points it takes to earn a qualifying and race ban
    • points for pole and fastest laps
    • other options that personalize your league.
  • Set the league's track list, all participating drivers, and team assignments.

• View the Race Director, which shows the next race in the league’s calendar and penalty information for each driver. You can refer to this page before each race to check for bans.

Championships

• Standard championship standings for drivers and constructors. Includes an indication for magnitude of position changes as a season progresses.

Final Classifications

• Enter all post-race information that the game offers into these tables. There are four categories that must be filled out for each participating driver.
    • Qualifying Result
    • Time From Leader
    • Fastest Lap
    • Reserve Team (only for reserve drivers)
  • Any league administered penalties including time penalties, penalty points, and bans are entered into each race's corresponding penalties table, located next to each race’s final classifications table.

Race/Qualifying Results

• Separate pages that show each driver's final result in each session.
  • Race Results indicates drivers who earned fastest lap and color-codes results by position.

Race Reports

• Automatically filled out each for each race. Consider this the equivalent to the in-game post race results.
  • Below each race report are incident reports. In these tables, you can present league administered penalties and give explanations as to why they were administered.

League Statistics

• Various league related statistics for all drivers and teams including:
    • 16 unique statistics for each driver
    • 12 unique statistics for each team
    • Graphs that show the progression of driver and team points over a season.

Teammate Comparisons

• Side-by-side comparisons of drivers and their teammates. Compares 11 statistics and indicates which driver leads in each statistic.

Edited by OwenLewis
updating to current version of sheet
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mate I downloaded this to use and it looks fantastic!

I am having one problem in completing the race as it still says active although I have entered all the information you have said that should work.

Would love to maybe see a screen shot of an example completed race so I can see the details and where I am making the mistake.

Thanks 

Hi mate I have downloaded this and having some issue in the races finishing I am only testing it at this stage for our upcoming races.

Just wondering if you could share a few photos of these with data examples to see where i might be going wrong as I believe I have filled them out how they should be done.

Thanks in advance!

29 minutes ago, KILRSHEEP said:

Hi mate I have downloaded this and having some issue in the races finishing I am only testing it at this stage for our upcoming races.

Just wondering if you could share a few photos of these with data examples to see where i might be going wrong as I believe I have filled them out how they should be done.

Thanks in advance!

Hey KIRLSHEEP,

Below you'll find a couple images that show you what a filled out Results Table looks like. Firstly, you have to establish your grid. To do this, navigate to the League Management page and find the tab labeled "Drivers." In this table, fill in the names of the drivers within your league, or a couple test names for now. In the image below, I entered in 11 test drivers named "Test1" to "Test11." The following step is optional for your testing. You can assign drivers to teams on the League Management page under Team Assignments. For each position, there is a drop down menu with a list of all of your divers. Place all of your drivers in a team if you wish.

For the Results Tables, you should find that all the drivers you entered earlier have shown up on each Results Table. If you assigned them teams, they will be the color of their team. If you do not see the names, chances are you deleted or edited the column on the Result Tables where drivers names are normally shown. In this case, re-download the sheet and start again. At the top left of the Results Tables page are instructions on how to fill out each field. For "Grid Start," enter the qualifying position of your drivers. I just gave them 1-11 in order but it would obviously be different in a real race. In "Time From Leader," you are entering the finishing times of each driver related to the finishing time of the leader. The winner would have a time of 0, but the rest of the field would be any number of seconds behind. Fastest Lap is self explanatory. In the image below, the fastest driver outside of the top 10 also gets a point (which can be disabled on the League Management page).

The results will not activate until at least one driver has been given a "Time From Leader" value.

If your problem persists, I would like to see images of your own sheet.

Hope this helps!

gg.PNG.841de9de2605f358bc2ddbb990dc63e8.PNG          ggggg.PNG.d3773e701b9254fc3740fa479721087e.PNG

Thanks heaps for this mate.

I will go into a little more detail now in my testing my main issue was the results not auto populating. I will test this with these imiages you have provided and let you know how I go.

Thanks again for such a quick reply really appreciate it! 

Gday again mate here are some photos of where I am up to and having some issues.

I believe I have followed your instructions to the fullest by first populating the League Management page then moving onto adding in race data. After the names and team colours where auto-populated into the Bahrain page I proceeded to enter the details of starting grip POS time from leader with the same format you have used and then finally entering the fastest lap times.

On completion of this I still remain with the grey boxes and no pos and fastest lap time. 

I re-downloaded the file to ensure I did not make any mistakes during data entry. This is what I am seeing currently in the sheet.

Thanks again 

Drivers.png

Race.png

Team ass.png

28 minutes ago, KILRSHEEP said:

Gday again mate here are some photos of where I am up to and having some issues.

I believe I have followed your instructions to the fullest by first populating the League Management page then moving onto adding in race data. After the names and team colours where auto-populated into the Bahrain page I proceeded to enter the details of starting grip POS time from leader with the same format you have used and then finally entering the fastest lap times.

On completion of this I still remain with the grey boxes and no pos and fastest lap time. 

I re-downloaded the file to ensure I did not make any mistakes during data entry. This is what I am seeing currently in the sheet.

Thanks again 

Drivers.png

Race.png

Team ass.png

This is a very peculiar problem. I just went on a different PC with a different Microsoft account, downloaded the excel sheet and filled in the related tables and did not have this problem. A couple of leagues are using this right now too and they don't have this problem, so that leads me to believe that it's something on your end. If you'd like, you can add me as a collaborator to your sheet so I can inspect it. I'd really like to figure this out for you. Send me a DM on the forums with a link to your sheet with editing rights and I'll see what I can do!

Sorry things aren't working out as smoothly as they should

Edited by OwenLewis

After you had mentioned using another account I tried that with my personal one loading it into my OneDrive and it worked perfectly. After further testing even using my work account and using it in the browser version it worked fine once again.

I'm now wondering if using the hardcopy/through the actual desktop program if there is some variations in the code required to work? 

Happy to add to or help fault find more but now the browser version is working fine that exactly what I needed.

Also was not able to DM you in this forum.

Thanks again for your help mate.

12 hours ago, KILRSHEEP said:

After you had mentioned using another account I tried that with my personal one loading it into my OneDrive and it worked perfectly. After further testing even using my work account and using it in the browser version it worked fine once again.

I'm now wondering if using the hardcopy/through the actual desktop program if there is some variations in the code required to work? 

Happy to add to or help fault find more but now the browser version is working fine that exactly what I needed.

Also was not able to DM you in this forum.

Thanks again for your help mate.

Glad it's working! I'll look into what might be going on with the app variations. Thanks for being cooperative in troubleshooting this problem, and I hope that everything runs as at should from here on out. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or suggestions!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OwenLewis said:

Glad it's working! I'll look into what might be going on with the app variations. Thanks for being cooperative in troubleshooting this problem, and I hope that everything runs as at should from here on out. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or suggestions!

Thanks again mate! If I do find anything or have any suggestions on improving the document for future versions I will 100% let you know. I do really appreciate the support once again!

On 10/6/2021 at 2:51 AM, OwenLewis said:

Gday Owen,

I already have a few bugs I have noticed after our Leagues 2 races they are listed below for your consideration. I have also added some suggestions about cosmetic looks also. Photos attached

Again other than these mate this document is incredible! 

1. Current race does not change on League management page.

2. When selecting point(s) for pole entering a value it does not add it to the racer who claims pole position. I have tried to test if they finish in and out of the top 10 or out neither work currently.

3. fastest lap is only registered to the one of the drivers in the top 10. for example if a driver has fastest lap and finished 11 the coding will then find the fastest person in the top 10 and give it to them. I know there is a function to give a point for fastest lap out side the top 10 also. But if you are trying to run the race like f1 where anyone can get fastest lap but only the top 10 person would get a point it does not do this! (I am not fully aware of all the code and its limitation so do understand this may be an issue.

4. Cosmetic if team names had Logos or even pictures of cars themselves that could look great

5. There could also be room for a bar graph style page to see constructors total and champion total.

Again mate love the document and hope these idea/find will help you improve an already great doc.

I have shouted you out on my YouTube channel although small enough I hope this leads to more people being bought to your document!

current race.PNG

point issue.PNG

race results 2.PNG

21 hours ago, KILRSHEEP said:

Gday Owen,

I already have a few bugs I have noticed after our Leagues 2 races they are listed below for your consideration. I have also added some suggestions about cosmetic looks also. Photos attached

Again other than these mate this document is incredible! 

1. Current race does not change on League management page.

2. When selecting point(s) for pole entering a value it does not add it to the racer who claims pole position. I have tried to test if they finish in and out of the top 10 or out neither work currently.

3. fastest lap is only registered to the one of the drivers in the top 10. for example if a driver has fastest lap and finished 11 the coding will then find the fastest person in the top 10 and give it to them. I know there is a function to give a point for fastest lap out side the top 10 also. But if you are trying to run the race like f1 where anyone can get fastest lap but only the top 10 person would get a point it does not do this! (I am not fully aware of all the code and its limitation so do understand this may be an issue.

4. Cosmetic if team names had Logos or even pictures of cars themselves that could look great

5. There could also be room for a bar graph style page to see constructors total and champion total.

Again mate love the document and hope these idea/find will help you improve an already great doc.

I have shouted you out on my YouTube channel although small enough I hope this leads to more people being bought to your document!

current race.PNG

point issue.PNG

race results 2.PNG

1) Fixed

2) Fixed

3) Changed Fastest Lap setting on League Management page. You can now include the bottom 10 for fastest lap points, give the bottom 10 a separate point for fastest lap within the bottom 10, or neither, which would be considered the default for F1.

4) Excel is very limiting when it comes to images and customization's of that nature. Unfortunately cosmetics such as logos and car photos are not feasible in this sheet.

5) I'd be glad to add graphs. Can you list some would like?

An update will be released to GitHub after I configure some graphs that you and other leagues that currently use this sheet suggest.

16 hours ago, SidneyCyberbob said:

Is it possible to give the chance to give added points? in our league you earn points for streaming, clips-seding and for some small cups we drive once a month. if it would be included we could use this template.

Absolutely! I'll add this in with the rest of the fixes/features listed in my last post for the next update. I'll let you know when it's out.

New version is released.

• Reconfigured how Fastest Lap points are distributed. There is now the choice to include the bottom 10 finishers for the fastest lap point, administer a separate point for the bottom 10 finishers, or neither, which would be considered the F1 default

• Added two graphs to the Championship page that show team and driver points accumulations over the season.

• Added the ability to administer championship points manually for each race

• Fixed "Current Race" on the league management page

• Fixed points for pole position

https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management/releases/tag/v1.2

Please continue to let me know what needs to be fixed and what should be added. Enjoy

Edited by OwenLewis

If possible:

Let us have a part race by race we can add and show special points given.
give us the possibility to decide on our own how many points we give for pole and fastest lap.

in our league there are points if you race as a reserve-ddriver in another tier.
we give points for sending in highlights/clips and if you stream (seperately).
we give points in every race with the same amount, but at double-percent-races we give doubled points.
at double-percenters we do a special qualy and you earn 5 pts for pole, 2nd 4, 3rd 3, 4th 2 and 5th 1 pt(s).

we give points for winning a cup during our season (monthly cups... )

our tiers vote for a point system so our tiers have different pointsystems 

could it be worked in?

if not, it is ok, sowe will work with the normal f1-templates in photoshop.

13 hours ago, SidneyCyberbob said:

If possible:

Let us have a part race by race we can add and show special points given.
give us the possibility to decide on our own how many points we give for pole and fastest lap.

in our league there are points if you race as a reserve-ddriver in another tier.
we give points for sending in highlights/clips and if you stream (seperately).
we give points in every race with the same amount, but at double-percent-races we give doubled points.
at double-percenters we do a special qualy and you earn 5 pts for pole, 2nd 4, 3rd 3, 4th 2 and 5th 1 pt(s).

we give points for winning a cup during our season (monthly cups... )

our tiers vote for a point system so our tiers have different pointsystems 

could it be worked in?

if not, it is ok, sowe will work with the normal f1-templates in photoshop.

In the latest version, I added a section to each Results Table that allows you to add or subtract championship points for drivers. This means that if you want to give drivers additional points for things that are not race related, you now have that ability. In the League Management page, you can turn on points for pole positions and change its value. You can also change the value of fastest laps. In the same tab, you can change how many points would be administered for each finishing position in a race.

This excel sheet is designed for conventional leagues, and therefor will not directly support double-percent-races. However, everything that you want to do in terms of point distributions is possible, though it may require a little more effort. You will just have to input points into the tabs labeled "Manual Champ. Pts." located next to each Results Table. Keep in mind points that are automatically administered if/when you manually give out points.

On 10/8/2021 at 1:57 PM, OwenLewis said:

1) Fixed

2) Fixed

3) Changed Fastest Lap setting on League Management page. You can now include the bottom 10 for fastest lap points, give the bottom 10 a separate point for fastest lap within the bottom 10, or neither, which would be considered the default for F1.

4) Excel is very limiting when it comes to images and customization's of that nature. Unfortunately cosmetics such as logos and car photos are not feasible in this sheet.

5) I'd be glad to add graphs. Can you list some would like?

An update will be released to GitHub after I configure some graphs that you and other leagues that currently use this sheet suggest.

Hey mate sorry for the delayed response work has been busy.

Great work on the fixes and the graphs that were added would have been my suggestions!

Completely understand that may have been the case but though you might know a little more than me so glad to at least through the Idea out to you!

Once again mate I will continue to link you in my YouTube Descriptions in my future videos about our league races.

Thanks again mate and if I find anything more Ill get back in touch.

KILRSHEEP 

On 10/13/2021 at 1:58 AM, OwenLewis said:

In the latest version, I added a section to each Results Table that allows you to add or subtract championship points for drivers. This means that if you want to give drivers additional points for things that are not race related, you now have that ability. In the League Management page, you can turn on points for pole positions and change its value. You can also change the value of fastest laps. In the same tab, you can change how many points would be administered for each finishing position in a race.

This excel sheet is designed for conventional leagues, and therefor will not directly support double-percent-races. However, everything that you want to do in terms of point distributions is possible, though it may require a little more effort. You will just have to input points into the tabs labeled "Manual Champ. Pts." located next to each Results Table. Keep in mind points that are automatically administered if/when you manually give out points.

HI Lewis.

Yes, you can change the value für the points fpr fastest laps and poles. but this is for all results, not for once i think. 
and that was what i asked for. 
But i will take a look to a later point when we change season.

Hello, I've noticed what I think is a bug. I've been running a league with a friend (just 2 of us) and everything is going fine, but when we get to round 6 (France) the Qualifying Results and Race Results don't seem to be updating from the Results table? 

I thought maybe I had done something wrong, so I re-input all the data onto a fresh doc and everything goes fine until I get to France again. Qualy results and Race results only show as "-". I tried inputting some random data on the next race (Austria) and that populated normally, whereas France still only shows "-". 

Could this be a bug? France is definitely round 6 on League Management, and its showing as Active on "Results table". The "Race Reports" seem to be populated correctly so I've no idea what to make of it. 

I'm happy to send you the spreadsheet for you to take a look in case I am indeed being stupid. 

Thanks in advance! 

6 hours ago, SquidCorona said:

Hello, I've noticed what I think is a bug. I've been running a league with a friend (just 2 of us) and everything is going fine, but when we get to round 6 (France) the Qualifying Results and Race Results don't seem to be updating from the Results table? 

I thought maybe I had done something wrong, so I re-input all the data onto a fresh doc and everything goes fine until I get to France again. Qualy results and Race results only show as "-". I tried inputting some random data on the next race (Austria) and that populated normally, whereas France still only shows "-". 

Could this be a bug? France is definitely round 6 on League Management, and its showing as Active on "Results table". The "Race Reports" seem to be populated correctly so I've no idea what to make of it. 

I'm happy to send you the spreadsheet for you to take a look in case I am indeed being stupid. 

Thanks in advance! 

Thanks for reporting this bug. I just released F1LM v1.33 which addresses this issue. Download it here: https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management/tree/main