Jump to content Jump to content

F1 League Management Tool - Excel Sheet

OwenLewis

• 1 month later...

hello!

the race result page has some issues after fill out the first race some pilots appear with laps looses (Leclerc and Gasly) and other ones with DNF (Haas team) when after race these pilot won some points 

thanks!

B8D86640-2CD3-4E02-B59C-3AD90D25EBEB.jpeg

221C7E35-69D3-473C-A080-0530FF0A4BB6.jpeg

C416BD15-2E66-466C-8F4D-FBDF742E6323.jpeg

Edited by Dserrano

8 minutes ago, Dserrano said:

hello!

the race result page has some issues after fill out the first race some pilots appear with laps looses (Leclerc and Gasly) and other ones with DNF (Haas team) when after race these pilot won some points 

thanks!

B8D86640-2CD3-4E02-B59C-3AD90D25EBEB.jpeg

221C7E35-69D3-473C-A080-0530FF0A4BB6.jpeg

C416BD15-2E66-466C-8F4D-FBDF742E6323.jpeg

Hey @Dserrano,

Looks like this is a problem with the decimal and thousands separators. You're going to have either change to excel settings so that the way numbers are formatted is similar to the way the US does it, or try using commas instead of periods for the decimal when entering Time from Leader in the Race Results. (I tried to give a little warning on the League Management page, but I might have to make it more clear). Hope this helps

Just a little update since it's been a while...

I'm currently rewriting most of the back-end stuff to make it easier to update the sheet in the future. There will be an update soon with improved Race Reports and Statistics, and a reformatted Race Results page. The season length will be expanded to 30 races too. I am always trying to improve the sheet, so continue reaching out when you have new ideas and/or you come across problems (though most will be fixed in the next update).

Hi @OwenLewis Thank you for sharing this with everyone, very generous!

I'm having some issues getting it setup, and wondered if you could advise.

I have entered the driver names, and assigned them to teams. Then I enabled the points rule to award custom points for the top 15.

I have not altered any formula in the cells

i entered some test results as per your guide, but cannot get the rest of the document to populate, such as the championship table.

Tried both , and . as time to leader

Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 13.14.05.png

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 13.15.31.png

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 13.15.55.png

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 13.29.00.png

Edited by matt231985

2 hours ago, matt231985 said:

Hi @OwenLewis Thank you for sharing this with everyone, very generous!

I'm having some issues getting it setup, and wondered if you could advise.

I have entered the driver names, and assigned them to teams. Then I enabled the points rule to award custom points for the top 15.

I have not altered any formula in the cells

i entered some test results as per your guide, but cannot get the rest of the document to populate, such as the championship table.

Tried both , and . as time to leader

Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 13.14.05.png

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 13.15.31.png

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 13.15.55.png

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 13.29.00.png

Hey @matt231985,

This sort of problem comes up when people are trying to use F1LM with a cracked Excel account or an outdated version of Excel. It basically means that some of the computational functions that I use in this sheet are locked or are not implemented into the Excel that you are using. (Exe. Sort and Filter functions).

The workaround to this is to use OneDrive.com. You can sign in using any account, upload a new copy of F1LM, and everything should start working as intended. The downside to this is that it runs in the browser instead of the app, so it's a little slower, but it does the same job. It also means that you can share it with others if you wanted.

Let me know if troubles persist

F1LM v1.37 is finally ready to go. This update includes major improvements to the back-end calculations of the sheet, and has enabled the implementation of some new features. Almost every page has been updated in some way, and a new page has been added. The Statistics page has been improved the most, and many aspects of the sheet have been changed to improve ease-of-use and practicality. The download for the new version can be found at https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management/tree/main

Porting old F1LM data sheets to this new one is not as seamless as I would have liked it to be. To begin with, copying and pasting is limited to those who use F1LM on the Excel app, (not OneDrive), and can follow the porting the directions outlined below. Copying and pasting does not work for OneDrive users because it will overwrite new conditions and functions in the new sheet. It is unfortunately not possible to copy and paste only values between OneDrive files.

Porting for Excel App users

The only data that I recommend copying and pasting is data from Results Tables to Final Classifications. To do so, follow these directions:

1. From the first results table, highlight data from the first cell under Grid Start to the bottom most cell under Reserve Team. All entered data should be highlighted.
  2. Copy the data (Control+C)
  3. In the correlated results table in the new sheet (now called Final Classifications), select the first cell under Grid Start.
  4. Right Click on the cell and navigate to "Paste Options"
  5. Select the option that says "Match Destination Formatting"
  6. Read through the directions at the top of the Final Classifications page and review the data you just pasted. You may have to re-select reserve teams, delete data under grid start, and enter data under Qualy Result.
  7. Repeat these steps for the Penalties tables and all other Results Tables that have data in them.

If the data you entered is not consistent with the example pictures shown below, you may want to install a fresh copy of F1LM and manually enter the data.

League Management

• Track list limit has been increased to 30 tracks

Championships

• Tables now include a position change column which will show the degree of which teams and drivers change championship positions as a season progresses.

Results Tables

• Renamed to Final Classifications.
  • Now includes an additional column titled Qualy Result, which is used to indicate if a driver served a qualy ban or if a driver DSQ'd. The grid start column no longer asks if a driver served a ban, DSQ'd, DNF'd, or DNP'd; Instead, it only asks for the starting position of a driver in a race. Directions remain listed at the top of the Final Classifications page for clarification.
  • Team acronyms have changed to consistent, 4 letter acronyms to better signify which team is which the drop-down lists.

Qualifying Results

• Integrated a graded color scale for qualifying performances.
  • Pole position is now indicated with gold.
  • Number of pole positions is now presented next to average qualifying performance

Race Results

• Formatting regarding positions have changed

Race Reports

• Now shows the position change of each driver in a race
  • Incident Reports have been slightly reformatted

League Statistics

• Team Statistics
  • Graphs that show points progression over a season for drivers and team
  • Three new statistics for drivers and teams
  1. Average Position Change
  2. Highest Grid Start
  3. Best Race Result

Teammate Comparisons

Compares the stats of teammates against each other. The winner of each category is indicated with green

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! Amazing tool, I was just wondering how you would work with this most efficiently? 
Feels a bit tedious to type in every single result from screenshots in the "Mid race lobby's" (eg. right after qualifying, before hitting "Advance to next session")

If not, that's understandable. I could imagine it wouldn't be possible to, for example, export race results from the game in post race lobbies without mod support.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Blackiichan said:

Hi there! Amazing tool, I was just wondering how you would work with this most efficiently? 
Feels a bit tedious to type in every single result from screenshots in the "Mid race lobby's" (eg. right after qualifying, before hitting "Advance to next session")

If not, that's understandable. I could imagine it wouldn't be possible to, for example, export race results from the game in post race lobbies without mod support.

Hey, glad you like it! Yes, it is rather tedious, and I've looked into exporting data from the game, but some of the data that this sheet would need is not accessible in the game's telemetry output. I think it has something to do with breach of privacy policies, but don't quote me on that.

I've tried to minimize the amount of entries that would maintain the amount of statistical data that this sheet currently shows. In other words, if I take away a data entry category in the Final Classifications page, the data would not be coherent.

All the data that you need to enter is actually shown in the race results screen that comes up after a race, so you only have to take a screenshot of that and copy that data over.

I'm looking into a way to convert a screenshot of the race results into a CVS file, but most of the ones I've tried do not read the text and numbers correctly. For now, this sheet will remain tedious until someone way more skilled than me shows interest in contributing to this project.

Edited by OwenLewis
  • Agree 1

Hi Lewis, 
Amaizing work here! thanks a lot for providing this tool to us.

Since I started a League with F2 with friends (since codemasters doesn't allow leagues built in with F2 or classic cars) is it possible to add on the spreadsheet 1 extra team so to have in total 11 teams on the grid? and can i rename the teams name?

So far I'm using a website to keep track of points called toournament but it does not allow me to add fastest lap point and quali point like in real F2.

Many thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 8:10 AM, KILRSHEEP said:

After you had mentioned using another account I tried that with my personal one loading it into my OneDrive and it worked perfectly. After further testing even using my work account and using it in the browser version it worked fine once again.

I'm now wondering if using the hardcopy/through the actual desktop program if there is some variations in the code required to work? 

Happy to add to or help fault find more but now the browser version is working fine that exactly what I needed.

Also was not able to DM you in this forum. Also use a similar Proration software.

Thanks again for your help mate.

I took a look because I run a league with nearly 150 drivers. To be honest, we use Discord for almost everything. Standings, sign-ups, and a calendar. essentially everything I'm aware of numerous other leagues that operate in the same manner. Having said that, there isn't much reason for me to switch to this tool. However, I believe it would be quite useful for a new league just getting started.

15 hours ago, Mishal21 said:

I took a look because I run a league with nearly 150 drivers. To be honest, we use Discord for almost everything. Standings, sign-ups, and a calendar. essentially everything I'm aware of numerous other leagues that operate in the same manner. Having said that, there isn't much reason for me to switch to this tool. However, I believe it would be quite useful for a new league just getting started.

Hey @Mishal21,

I know of a few leagues that are around the size of yours that use this spreadsheet in conjunction with Discord. They'll use Discord for scheduling and community stuff, and this sheet to keep track of points and statistics. They just post screenshots of the sheet into discord after each race. If you know of a discord extension that does the stuff this sheet can do, please share it, that sounds awesome! Every League runs differently, and I do not expect this sheet to accommodate every single one, but I tried to make is as accessible and universal as I could while maintaining some form of order and organization.

• 2 weeks later...

Came across this tool about 2 months ago and have since then implementend and tested it for the league I organise.
This this is by far the best league management tool I came across in 5 years! Thank you very much.
I hope this will be further updated and optmised in the future

I want to notify you of a small bug I found on the Final Classifications tab The penalties list only shows the correct track name for the first track after that it shows the wrong trackname as you can see in
the attached screenshot

Screenshot.thumb.png.dd8bf19d24cbe565f1947a7eb51226e8.png

I also have a feature request for the League Statistics page to show the number of podiums one has scored.

Once again thanks a lot for this Score Sheet!

Regards,

CIAS

3 hours ago, CIAS said:

Came across this tool about 2 months ago and have since then implementend and tested it for the league I organise.
This this is by far the best league management tool I came across in 5 years! Thank you very much.
I hope this will be further updated and optmised in the future

I want to notify you of a small bug I found on the Final Classifications tab The penalties list only shows the correct track name for the first track after that it shows the wrong trackname as you can see in
the attached screenshot

Screenshot.thumb.png.dd8bf19d24cbe565f1947a7eb51226e8.png

I also have a feature request for the League Statistics page to show the number of podiums one has scored.

Once again thanks a lot for this Score Sheet!

Regards,

CIAS

Glad you like the sheet! I've added podiums to the League Statistics page and fixed the naming error you pointed out for the penalty tables. You can find the updated sheet here: https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management

7 hours ago, Skyfallshane said:

This is fantastic and brilliant idea have been using it for some time.

And has been great help.

Thanks for your hard work on this, is there any plans for F2 Sheet as well.

Much appreciated your work on this.

Seems as though a lot of people want custom team names, F2, and custom tracks. I'm going to go ahead and start development on those things. Custom tracks and team names will be integrated into the current F1 sheet. F2 will probably end up being standalone, with support for sprint races and 11 teams. The number of teams for the F1 sheet may be increased to accommodate those who may want to use this for MyTeam, but no guarantee on that.

Hello OwenLewis,

Thanks for the previous superfast update!

I discovered the following, If 2 drivers have the same number of points they get sorted alphabetically, but in real life they are sorted according to number of wins, number of 2nd places and so on.
Is it possible to implement this in your sheet?
Also on the league statistics page on the team side there is a typo, it says fasest laps

Keep up the good work!

On 2/10/2022 at 2:14 AM, CIAS said:

Hello OwenLewis,

Thanks for the previous superfast update!

I discovered the following, If 2 drivers have the same number of points they get sorted alphabetically, but in real life they are sorted according to number of wins, number of 2nd places and so on.
Is it possible to implement this in your sheet?
Also on the league statistics page on the team side there is a typo, it says fasest laps

Keep up the good work!

I'll address both of these in the next update. Thanks for pointing them out

F1LM v1.38.0

https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management

Custom Teams and Tracks

• Added the option to enable custom team names and custom track names. For both, you will be asked to enter a name and an abbreviation. Custom teams does not support custom colors; however, you can do this manually with conditional formatting.
  • The Championship ranking system now decides a tie by referencing wins. If two drivers are tied in both points and wins, they will be ranked as tied in the same position.

Formula 2 integration, or a Formula 2 standalone sheet is next on my list for major updates to this project. Keep sending in ideas that you would like to see implemented!

Hello OwenLewis,

Thanks again for the quick support and update! The sheet just keeps on getting better and better.

But I think you misunderstood me about how to decide who ends where on the driver table If 2 drivers have the same amount of points.(or maybe it's just technically impossible or to much work to implement this)
But in real life if 2 drivers have the same amount of points and they have the same amount of wins they will look who had the most second places, if this is also tied, they look at who had the most 3rd places, if this is also tied they look at who had the most 4th places, and so on.
This also goes for drivers further down the ranking

Here are 2 examples: 

In this case the driver who scored a 3rd place as best result should end above the other driver who has the same amount of points

image.png.673db39a32ff3ba22fb117099980cb14.png

In this case the driver who scored a 5th place as best result should end above the other driver who has the same amount of points

image.png.e65bbb8184a394061dfa66b48262b10a.png

Is it possible to include this in a future update?

Cheers,

CIAS

Edited by CIAS