Jump to content Jump to content

F1 League Management Tool - Excel Sheet

OwenLewis

On 2/15/2022 at 3:58 AM, CIAS said:

Hello OwenLewis,

Thanks again for the quick support and update! The sheet just keeps on getting better and better.

But I think you misunderstood me about how to decide who ends where on the driver table If 2 drivers have the same amount of points.(or maybe it's just technically impossible or to much work to implement this)
But in real life if 2 drivers have the same amount of points and they have the same amount of wins they will look who had the most second places, if this is also tied, they look at who had the most 3rd places, if this is also tied they look at who had the most 4th places, and so on.
This also goes for drivers further down the ranking

Here are 2 examples: 

In this case the driver who scored a 3rd place as best result should end above the other driver who has the same amount of points

image.png.673db39a32ff3ba22fb117099980cb14.png

In this case the driver who scored a 5th place as best result should end above the other driver who has the same amount of points

image.png.e65bbb8184a394061dfa66b48262b10a.png

Is it possible to include this in a future update?

Cheers,

CIAS

I probably should have looked this up before I started making the ranking system in the first place, but thanks for explaining it in further detail. I've finished all the code for it; I just need to test the spreadsheet again to make sure everything works as it should. I'll probably release it sometime later this week.

On 2/15/2022 at 3:58 AM, CIAS said:

Hello OwenLewis,

Thanks again for the quick support and update! The sheet just keeps on getting better and better.

But I think you misunderstood me about how to decide who ends where on the driver table If 2 drivers have the same amount of points.(or maybe it's just technically impossible or to much work to implement this)
But in real life if 2 drivers have the same amount of points and they have the same amount of wins they will look who had the most second places, if this is also tied, they look at who had the most 3rd places, if this is also tied they look at who had the most 4th places, and so on.
This also goes for drivers further down the ranking

Here are 2 examples: 

In this case the driver who scored a 3rd place as best result should end above the other driver who has the same amount of points

image.png.673db39a32ff3ba22fb117099980cb14.png

In this case the driver who scored a 5th place as best result should end above the other driver who has the same amount of points

image.png.e65bbb8184a394061dfa66b48262b10a.png

Is it possible to include this in a future update?

Cheers,

CIAS

Update is out and addresses this issue and bugs that I found. See https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management/releases/tag/v1.38.1 for full release notes.

On 2/19/2022 at 12:17 AM, OwenLewis said:

Update is out and addresses this issue and bugs that I found. See https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management/releases/tag/v1.38.1 for full release notes.

I suggest 2 more things but firstly I want to say that this spreadsheet is so awesome and I love it. I use it for a career mode series in a game called F1 Challenge and I'd like to suggest 2 additions to the spreadsheet. First, I'd like more than 10 teams if we're running custom teams, since the amount of teams has varied greatly over the years. Second thing is a request that stems from my online league on F1 2021. There should be a way to assign reserve drivers to specific teams or at least make them show up in the results table among the other regular drivers. Also maybe you could add a feature that let's permanent drivers transfer to reserve drivers and vice versa. My mate left Ferrari to become a reserve since his work schedule changed and since then I have another guy for Ferrari but I have to manually give him a team every race and he doesn't show up in the teammate comparison tab. Thank you man!

On 2/23/2022 at 5:56 AM, sadama17 said:

I suggest 2 more things but firstly I want to say that this spreadsheet is so awesome and I love it. I use it for a career mode series in a game called F1 Challenge and I'd like to suggest 2 additions to the spreadsheet. First, I'd like more than 10 teams if we're running custom teams, since the amount of teams has varied greatly over the years. Second thing is a request that stems from my online league on F1 2021. There should be a way to assign reserve drivers to specific teams or at least make them show up in the results table among the other regular drivers. Also maybe you could add a feature that let's permanent drivers transfer to reserve drivers and vice versa. My mate left Ferrari to become a reserve since his work schedule changed and since then I have another guy for Ferrari but I have to manually give him a team every race and he doesn't show up in the teammate comparison tab. Thank you man!

Hey @sadama17, thanks for the suggestions.

Firstly, there is a Mid-Season Transfers table on the league management page that lets you do exactly as you described. You can indicate that your mate left Ferrari after a certain race and is now racing elsewhere. Then you can remove his name from the team assignment for Ferrari and enter the new drivers name. Let me know if you have questions on how to do that.

I've put a lot of thought into rearranging some of the results tables for reserves, but for now, they are going to stay as they are. It is currently designed so the primary drivers are displayed on the main tables of Race and Qualifying Results so that the table highlights the drivers who are consistently present. If I were to put in an additional row for each team, that would mean there would be 10 more rows, and chances are, they would be mostly blank by the end of a season. In summary, it is a design choice not to have reserve's results shown with the regular drivers.

In terms of having more than 10 teams, that is something I am open to implementing. It's on my to-do list.

2 hours ago, OwenLewis said:

Hey @sadama17, thanks for the suggestions.

Firstly, there is a Mid-Season Transfers table on the league management page that lets you do exactly as you described. You can indicate that your mate left Ferrari after a certain race and is now racing elsewhere. Then you can remove his name from the team assignment for Ferrari and enter the new drivers name. Let me know if you have questions on how to do that.

I've put a lot of thought into rearranging some of the results tables for reserves, but for now, they are going to stay as they are. It is currently designed so the primary drivers are displayed on the main tables of Race and Qualifying Results so that the table highlights the drivers who are consistently present. If I were to put in an additional row for each team, that would mean there would be 10 more rows, and chances are, they would be mostly blank by the end of a season. In summary, it is a design choice not to have reserve's results shown with the regular drivers.

In terms of having more than 10 teams, that is something I am open to implementing. It's on my to-do list.

Thank you for taking the time to respond! Once again, I'm in love with this spreadsheet. Yes, I figured it out now, that's my bad. I'd be very happy if you could make it more than 10 teams otherwise I might have to ditch this spreadsheet for 2 seasons of my career since 2006 and 2007 had 11 teams on the grid but this is by far and away my favorite one. This is literally the best one out there.

Posted (edited)

F1LM v1.38.3

• 11 teams are now supported

New preset is available in the Team Names section of the league settings page. Select "11th Team" to use the default F1 teams with an additional custom team. Use "Custom" to use up to 11 teams with custom names.

• Customizable Championship Standings

New section in the league settings has been added: Championship Standings. Choose how many teams and drivers you want to show in their respective championship standings. Supports up to 11 teams and 40 drivers.

• Fixed qualifying data calculations for some of the teams
  • Other quality of life improvements

An update of this size is prone to errors. Please send them in as soon as you find them.

https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management

Edited by OwenLewis

22 hours ago, OwenLewis said:

F1LM v1.38.3

• 11 teams are now supported

New preset is available in the Team Names section of the league settings page. Select "11th Team" to use the default F1 teams with an additional custom team. Use "Custom" to use up to 11 teams with custom names.

• Customizable Championship Standings

New section in the league settings has been added: Championship Standings. Choose how many teams and drivers you want to show in their respective championship standings. Supports up to 11 teams and 40 drivers.

• Fixed qualifying data calculations for some of the teams
  • Other quality of life improvements

An update of this size is prone to errors. Please send them in as soon as you find them.

You are a legend!

Hi there Owen - HUGE fan and love your work.

Just a quick bug I found in the latest release.

In the Teams section of the 'League Statistics' page, the # of fastest laps per team seems to multiply by 30. 

Cheers mate...

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, SlammerXX said:

Hi there Owen - HUGE fan and love your work.

Just a quick bug I found in the latest release.

In the Teams section of the 'League Statistics' page, the # of fastest laps per team seems to multiply by 30. 

Cheers mate...

Just released an updated version that fixes this problem. Thanks for finding it!

Next on my to-do list is to expand the total driver slots by 10, to a new total of 50 drivers. I'm also working on a spreadsheet for ACC leagues and potentially iRacing leagues.  

Edited by OwenLewis

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 5:49 PM, OwenLewis said:

Just released an updated version that fixes this problem. Thanks for finding it!

Next on my to-do list is to expand the total driver slots by 10, to a new total of 50 drivers. I'm also working on a spreadsheet for ACC leagues and potentially iRacing leagues.  

One question tho. Everything else works perfectly but in the qualifying results and race results table I get the spill error. What could be the cause and how can I fix it?

On 3/3/2022 at 5:49 PM, OwenLewis said:

I've recognized the issue. With 11 teams there are 22 drivers on the grid as opposed to the 20 drivers on the grid right now. There are only 20 spaces for drivers on the race and qualy results screens meaning that the equation you use will be blocked by the reserve driver list due to there only being 20 driver slots instead of 22. On the race report screen it also only shows the top 20 leaving the bottom two out. Could these things be fixedimage.png.2c798a312f1695ea69aabc546587d7bc.pngimage.png.5c800fc5ee5a13e4c04803013786789f.png

On 3/11/2022 at 7:59 PM, sadama17 said:

I've recognized the issue. With 11 teams there are 22 drivers on the grid as opposed to the 20 drivers on the grid right now. There are only 20 spaces for drivers on the race and qualy results screens meaning that the equation you use will be blocked by the reserve driver list due to there only being 20 driver slots instead of 22. On the race report screen it also only shows the top 20 leaving the bottom two out. Could these things be fixedimage.png.2c798a312f1695ea69aabc546587d7bc.pngimage.png.5c800fc5ee5a13e4c04803013786789f.png

Update is out and this is now fixed.

Additionally, the total number of driver slots has been updated to 50.

Please continue to report problems as you find them!

7 hours ago, leicslad1 said:

How do the time penalties work?

Time penalties administered post-race by your league can be indicated in the Time +/- column in the penalties table. The penalties table is to the right of each final classifications table. It adds or subtracts time from the Time From Leader of the driver. If the time penalty changes the final position of the driver, the change will be reflected in the results.

Time penalties during the race (corner cutting or other) are already considered in the Time From Leader indicated in the post-race results in-game and do not need to be added into the penalties table.

17 hours ago, OwenLewis said:

Time penalties administered post-race by your league can be indicated in the Time +/- column in the penalties table. The penalties table is to the right of each final classifications table. It adds or subtracts time from the Time From Leader of the driver. If the time penalty changes the final position of the driver, the change will be reflected in the results.

Time penalties during the race (corner cutting or other) are already considered in the Time From Leader indicated in the post-race results in-game and do not need to be added into the penalties table.

Thanks, wasn't sure what it meant

7 minutes ago, leicslad1 said:

Also the championship tables haven't been sorted and updated

image.thumb.png.9885e74c9f635d4fbdd5f5f2ab248127.png

I'd need to take a look at your sheet. Could you either share the it with me, or send me a copy of the sheet? My discord is MASTERPLANE8#8620

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, leicslad1 said:

I edited the sheet and you're good to go. One cell had a wrong formula, but I checked to most recent release on GitHub and it has the right one, so I'm not sure why yours was broken. Anyway, if my edit didn't register on your side, just re download the sheet from GitHub and use these instructions to transfer the data https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management/wiki/Tranfering-Data-to-a-New-Version

Also just want to say that it's so cool to see the sheet being used for real F1; didn't even consider it when I made it, but awesome that it works!

Edited by OwenLewis

Just now, OwenLewis said:

I edited the sheet and you're good to go. One cell had a wrong formula, but I checked to most recent release on GitHub and it has the right one, so I'm not sure why yours was broken. Anyway, if my edit didn't register on your side, just re download the sheet from GitHub and use these instructions to transfer the data https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management/wiki/Tranfering-Data-to-a-New-Version

Ok thanks

Another question, how do the DNF's for each race work out?

18 minutes ago, leicslad1 said:

Ok thanks

Another question, how do the DNF's for each race work out?

There are instructions on how to indicate a DNF at the top of the final classifications page, so look there. You essentially enter the order of which each driver DNF's in the cell too, I think up to 12 DNF's. Also, after looking at the sheet further, I highly recommend downloading a fresh copy and transferring the data. Some things have seemingly corrupted at some point in the download process. You'll find that the graphs don't worth otherwise.

13 minutes ago, OwenLewis said:

There are instructions on how to indicate a DNF at the top of the final classifications page, so look there. You essentially enter the order of which each driver DNF's in the cell too, I think up to 12 DNF's. Also, after looking at the sheet further, I highly recommend downloading a fresh copy and transferring the data. Some things have seemingly corrupted at some point in the download process. You'll find that the graphs don't worth otherwise.

Thanks, it works now

New user in here ;-)  

And first of all, it's a great F1 Manager. But, as I read a question from leicslad1, regarding Championship tables, that do not update correct.
I can see, that you (owenLewis) have corrected a specific file for him; but are there a general update of the file, as I experince the exact same problem? My version, are the v1.38.7
The Championship table shows a fully wrong sortment of the results.

Thanks