Jump to content Jump to content

F1 League Management Tool - Excel Sheet

OwenLewis

6 hours ago, ebea said:

New user in here 😉

And first of all, it's a great F1 Manager. But, as I read a question from leicslad1, regarding Championship tables, that do not update correct.
I can see, that you (owenLewis) have corrected a specific file for him; but are there a general update of the file, as I experince the exact same problem? My version, are the v1.38.7
The Championship table shows a fully wrong sortment of the results.

Thanks

The latest release (1.38.7) was aimed at fixing this problem. For his sheet, part of it corrupted and some of the functions rewrote themselves and broke. Firstly, try a new download, and if the problem persists, I would really appreciate it if you could share your sheet also so I can get a patch out ASAP.

On 3/30/2022 at 8:55 PM, OwenLewis said:

The latest release (1.38.7) was aimed at fixing this problem. For his sheet, part of it corrupted and some of the functions rewrote themselves and broke. Firstly, try a new download, and if the problem persists, I would really appreciate it if you could share your sheet also so I can get a patch out ASAP.

Hi Lewis! I got it fixed. It lays in the formatting of Punctuations, contra Commaes. I made a new Custom format, so all runs smoothly now. I did take my self the freedom, to change all the Sheets, and translated it into danish language, in case someone would prefer this (I live in Denmark, and prefer that). I also changed the Point system, where I implemented the Drivers Super License points from last year, and put together with the points from this year, and made it so, that points are automatic removed when the 12 Months periods are reached, and they have to be removed; by this, the point system reflects the real and actual point settings for each drivers Super License. But so far, only for the Races, and not for Quali.

Edited by ebea

On 4/10/2022 at 11:04 AM, leicslad1 said:

Hi

If I have 5 drivers who finish +1 lap behind the leader, how do I change the order as per the official results of each race?

Thanks

I guess, it's in the real Formula1. Personally, I do this, that I set fictional times, for each Driver, which finished a Lap (or more) after the winner. By example, the last Driver that end with an official time, I set the next Driver with +1 Lap, some seconds after him. By example +90.000 and  Next Driver with +1 Lap  +91.000  and so on. BY this, you will keep the correct order.
See the attached image, which show the Australia results. (note: text are in Danish language).

f1-aus-result.png

Edited by ebea

On 4/10/2022 at 10:04 AM, leicslad1 said:

Hi

If I have 5 drivers who finish +1 lap behind the leader, how do I change the order as per the official results of each race?

Thanks

You write as follows, 1 lap - 1   
                               1 lap - 2     
                               1 lap - 3         
and so on

16 hours ago, arionboi said:

1 lap - 2     
                               1 lap - 3         
and so on

I can't see, how you will get that to work, as it can't calculate times, which are necessary, to keep correct end position!

5 hours ago, arionboi said:

1116637300_Screenshot2022-04-17135828.png.321c19682d2ea593f03a17c1b36ac316.png

Here's an example of how to do it

This you show in that example, do not say anything about placement. Placements are calculated automatic, from the Column with "Time from leader". So the time with 0 will be number 1, and the next lowest time, will be number 2, and so on.
So in your example, the only times shown after 0, are 17.425, which should give a placement 2, and next time 48.411 should be number 3. But as you can see by yorself, the placements are fully misleading.
The Column with "Fastest lap" are only for calculating the extra 1 point, the fastest lap gives.

Posted (edited)

The formatting in the example is exactly how you should do it. There is no need for any plus signs in the Time From Leader column. For drivers who finished a lap down, you can indicate the order of which they finished in that lap. This is useful if many drivers finished one lap down, or two and three laps down. The formatting shown in the example can also be used to indicate the order of which drivers DNF. The reason why it is order and not time is because the game does not tell us anything more than “1 Lap”, so the addition of “ - 1” or “ - 2”, etc. is my solution to this. 

Note, the example picture does not show the results of all of the participating drivers in that race.

Also, directions for each column  are at the top of the finals classifications page.

Edited by OwenLewis

On 4/16/2022 at 5:45 PM, arionboi said:

1 lap - 2     
                               1 lap - 3         
and so on

Yes, that is what I did and it worked

12 hours ago, OwenLewis said:

The formatting in the example is exactly how you should do it. There is no need for any plus signs in the Time From Leader column. For drivers who finished a lap down, you can indicate the order of which they finished in that lap. This is useful if many drivers finished one lap down, or two and three laps down. The formatting shown in the example can also be used to indicate the order of which drivers DNF. The reason why it is order and not time is because the game does not tell us anything more than “1 Lap”, so the addition of “ - 1” or “ - 2”, etc. is my solution to this. 

Note, the example picture does not show the results of all of the participating drivers in that race.

Also, directions for each column  are at the top of the finals classifications page.

The reason for the + sign, are only formatting based (so it follow official F1 practice), which I use it for, and not for the game. And if I, in my case, with formatting of times with commaes, instead of punctuations, the cases to set a -1, -2 and so on, simply do not work. If I do, they will all have same placement.
That's why I use the times, as they are naturally placing the drivers in correct finished order, which i guess was the intension to have the Times to control the placement (why else do it so?).

And as I mention with the Leichslad1 example, something are not correct, as the placement compared to times, are wrong.

7 minutes ago, leicslad1 said:

What does Interval Override mean on the race reports section?

Also, if I have a DNF in between 2 lapped cars (e.g. +1 lap, DNF, +2 laps) how do it on the final classifications page?

4 minutes ago, leicslad1 said:

Also, if I have a DNF in between 2 lapped cars (e.g. +1 lap, DNF, +2 laps) how do it on the final classifications page?

The interval override is used when you have access to lapped drivers actual interval to the leader and you enter that time instead of “1 Lap”. The override changes the interval on the race report from the time in seconds to the number of laps down.

The circumstance where a driver DNF’s on the last lap (I assume) and finishes the race ahead of lapped drivers is not something I considered when I made the sheet. It is therefore a current limitation of the sheet, but you can adjust the points that the drivers earn using the manual championship points column for the race. The results and stats, however, will still consider the  DNF diver to have finished after the lapped cars. I’ll work on some sort of fix for this, but it might take some time.

6 hours ago, ebea said:

The reason for the + sign, are only formatting based (so it follow official F1 practice), which I use it for, and not for the game. And if I, in my case, with formatting of times with commaes, instead of punctuations, the cases to set a -1, -2 and so on, simply do not work. If I do, they will all have same placement.
That's why I use the times, as they are naturally placing the drivers in correct finished order, which i guess was the intension to have the Times to control the placement (why else do it so?).

And as I mention with the Leichslad1 example, something are not correct, as the placement compared to times, are wrong.

Excel is very particular on punctuation and formatting. If you use commas instead of periods, it might interpret the data differently and produce inaccurate results. Try to use periods instead and exclude the plus signs, and see if that fixes anything. Also note that there are spaces around the dash for “ - 1”. The plus sign is added automatically in the race reports, so you don’t need to have them.

3 minutes ago, OwenLewis said:

The interval override is used when you have access to lapped drivers actual interval to the leader and you enter that time instead of “1 Lap”. The override changes the interval on the race report from the time in seconds to the number of laps down.

The circumstance where a driver DNF’s on the last lap (I assume) and finishes the race ahead of lapped drivers is not something I considered when I made the sheet. It is therefore a current limitation of the sheet, but you can adjust the points that the drivers earn using the manual championship points column for the race. The results and stats, however, will still consider the  DNF diver to have finished after the lapped cars. I’ll work on some sort of fix for this, but it might take some time.

I just put in the number of laps (+2 laps instead of DNF) in the final classifications table and then put DNF in the interval override

On 4/18/2022 at 4:27 PM, OwenLewis said:

Excel is very particular on punctuation and formatting. If you use commas instead of periods, it might interpret the data differently and produce inaccurate results. Try to use periods instead and exclude the plus signs, and see if that fixes anything. Also note that there are spaces around the dash for “ - 1”. The plus sign is added automatically in the race reports, so you don’t need to have them.

Regarding the use of punctuation, versus commaes, are not a problem, as I have converted all to use Eu based formatting (Danish). And the + sign, are as written, set in the formatting, and has no influence on the placement regulations.
But to put in a - sign and a number, will always get the placement to be wrong (RANK function). And the "" signs, has no influence on that.

If other get it to works in other ways, is fine with me; I just wrote that it's not giving correct placement (when used in my language setup).

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,
At first i wanna thank you for this incredible tool. I'm Really enjoying it. I just wonder if there is a way to exclude the Free agents from the championship tables? 

• 2 weeks later...

F1LM v1.39

https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management/releases/tag/v1.39.0

Customizable spreadsheet appearance and change of design

• The headers on each page can changed to one of six available colors
  • The background of each page can be switched between light mode and dark mode
  • Various parts of each page have been reorganized and redesigned. By default, the sheet's headers are now red and the background is now light in color.

Option to remove reserve drivers from standings

• New option in the Settings tab allows you to include or remove reserve drivers from the driver standings on the Championships page. All drivers will remain visible in the league statistics.

New options regarding appointing fastest lap to drivers who DNF

• Options include allowing/disallowing DNF drivers to earn Fastest Lap, and allowing/disallowing DNF who do earn Fastest Lap to earn the respective points. By default, the former is allowed and the latter is disallowed.

Quality of life improvements

• In an effort to minimize user error, all parts of the sheet that should remain untouched will now be locked.

As with all significant updates, there may be bugs. This is technically a Beta release until all identifiable bugs are dealt with. That being said, please continue to report bugs as you come across them. Thank you all for the continued support and enjoy!

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2022 at 1:38 AM, OwenLewis said:

F1LM v1.39

https://github.com/masterplane8/F1-League-Management/releases/tag/v1.39.0

Customizable spreadsheet appearance and change of design

• The headers on each page can changed to one of six available colors
  • The background of each page can be switched between light mode and dark mode
  • Various parts of each page have been reorganized and redesigned. By default, the sheet's headers are now red and the background is now light in color.

Option to remove reserve drivers from standings

• New option in the Settings tab allows you to include or remove reserve drivers from the driver standings on the Championships page. All drivers will remain visible in the league statistics.

New options regarding appointing fastest lap to drivers who DNF

• Options include allowing/disallowing DNF drivers to earn Fastest Lap, and allowing/disallowing DNF who do earn Fastest Lap to earn the respective points. By default, the former is allowed and the latter is disallowed.

Quality of life improvements

• In an effort to minimize user error, all parts of the sheet that should remain untouched will now be locked.

As with all significant updates, there may be bugs. This is technically a Beta release until all identifiable bugs are dealt with. That being said, please continue to report bugs as you come across them. Thank you all for the continued support and enjoy!

Would it be too much to ask if we can include track information like circuit length, number of laps, number of turns etc?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Would you consider making it possible to include sprint races in a championship season where they're added to certain tracks. This would obviously need an additional race classification table for each sprint race weekend and another layer to custom points (top 6 in sprint get points - 6, 5, 4.... etc..). Would this be possible?

Thanks!