Jump to content Jump to content

[ ALL PLATFORMS ] - Desync and General Quality of Life in Multiplayer Discussion Thread

Hi,

What is your experience with multiplayer after the 1.10 patch on PC?

Last night we were trying to do our first league race after the patch, 3 divisions. 2 of these had major issues and 1 had to be cancelled after trying 2 remakes.

I have been playing F1 since 2019 and know the online isn’t the best out there, but I have never experienced it as bad as yesterday and never seen a cancellation. We were racing at Bahrain at I think the first lobby faulted after a SC which is the new Aston Martin. On the last attempt almost everybody had major desync issues and we ended up with mass collisions on T1 and the hairpin.

New patch or were we just unlucky?

• Agree 4

I play on XBox Series S and since patch 1.10, the multiplayer experience is totally broken. I think I was able to play only once since the patch that was suposed to fix multiplayer experience. What a rough start for that game and things are not improving... I play F1 2020 now.

• Agree 1

Playstation is still a disaster too. 

Screw Braking point **** fix online racing. ESports should be a **** show with this. 

My league race crashed bc some  guy left early... Wiped out the whole race results. 

A mess. Embarrassing it's still not fixed. 

• Agree 4

By no words of a lie or exaggeration, every update has made online play worse. It is now near impossible to get into a session, most of the time it searches for a couple of minutes before finding you a session on your own

• Agree 5
12 hours ago, Bat33 said:

Weekly Event Monza broken.

No more points anymore after improving previous try. 

Achieved 330k, all other tries 0 Points won the race but no points

IMG_20210914_164743.jpg

That sounds fixed rather than broken... the weekly event should just use your 1st score and not allow multiple tries

15 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

That sounds fixed rather than broken... the weekly event should just use your 1st score and not allow multiple tries

Ah okay. Thanks for your information, this could be possible, like in the main grand prix quali event.

Multiple tries allowed in the past for the weekly event.

You earn XPs for every new try but no points... 😁😂

Would be great to know such thinks in the future, before trying again. At least a short notice or alert that you have only one valid try and any additional try will cancel your points.

This make the weekly event useless for me, one try the whole week...

• Administrator
13 hours ago, TrovaMB said:

Online is broken.  I'd be happy if Barry or someone from codemasters would at least say "we know, we're working on it". 

Admitting there's a problem is the first step... 

Some more detail on how would be appreciated. Completing a bug report would be the right start.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Disagree 2

Thanks for the feedback

There are discussions about postponing league entirely now until we see some improvement.

I mainly use F1 for league racing and in my current community it has been tremendously fun.

But what is the point if the game is so broken now it is not possible to complete a short Q and 50% race.

Edited by matses51
  • Agree 2

@BarryBL

I cannot speak for the "ranked" races but I spend most of my time in social play "experienced" or 25% races. Since the last patch things have been terrible for me. Takes several tries to get into a lobby. I get 5 or 6 errors before finally getting in a lobby. I have also noticed a lot of cars teleporting all over the track while racing. We cannot race with cars jumping all over the place! Yesterday I put in a descent qual lap at Spa that I should have had the pole. I was moved to P2 and the the guy who ended up on the pole had no time, see picture below. This guy then took me out on the first turn as I got a great start and got well in front of him, for him only to torpedo me in the first corner causing me terminal damage and him quit. The guys jumping the start is another issue. They need to be penalized ASAP, you guys cannot not allow them to get in front of the guys who did not jump the start. Return them to their grid spot with a 30 second penalty until they are released. Under the safety car is a disaster!!!!. CM needs to GHOST everyone under both VR and safety cars!!! this will stop the BS!!!! CM also needs to start "PROGRESSIVE" penalty system. There is too many guys just going for it and taking the penalties and hope that they pull a big enough gap to beat someone like me tries for zero penalties. First track limit penalty can stay at 3 seconds. second one should be 6 seconds, third 12 seconds, a 10th off should result in being disqualified. There should be limit to the amount of penalty seconds per race. Say if you get 25 or 30 seconds of penalties in any given race, you should be disqualified. These are supposed "experienced" races and all I see is a bunch of trash driving. It is time for CODEMASTERS to step up and really fix "multiplayer" modes. We need to be pushing people to race cleaner. We the players just cant keep creating bug reports for you as there is just too many issues. The current state of multiplayer is beyond poor. I've been waiting for years for CM to realized that multiplayer needs changing, but this year is the worst I have ever seen from CM. Ran 10 races yesterday, only finished 2 due to poor or dirty drivers. Please get with the team and really talk about making some changes to improve the online racing. F! could be so freaking great, if it was always forcing us to think about penalties before we make a stupid move while racing. And just how does NO qual time beat my time in the picture below????

Spa 9.16.21.JPG

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
9 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Whilst I agree it would be logical to only allow one attempt, I don't think the current situation was intentional. I believe lots of people aren't getting scores even from their first attempt.

Edited by Ultra3142
15 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Whilst I agree it would be logical to only allow one attempt, I don't think the current situation was intentional. I believe lots of people aren't getting scores even from their first attempt.

Maybe only the first valid attempt counts.

Anyway would be great to know the requirements and rules before improving the first valid attempt, ending with zero points on the leaderboard...

6 minutes ago, Bat33 said:

Maybe only the first valid attempt counts.

If that were the case then subsequent attempts should not be able to be started. How the system worked previously, and how I'm essentially certain it is still intended to workis that there is a points penalty on subsequent attempts.

Have codemasters made a statement about the farce that is online lobbies at the moment and if they’re planning on fixing it? If so can someone point me in the direction of it. We’re 6 league races in and 4 of them have been disrupted by desync, glitched cars on track. Safety car lagging backwards into the cars and the leaderboards messing up. And after seeing what happened in PGSL I can imagine them having to respond and not ignore the complaints. Lot of money for a game that doesn’t even work. Shambles

• Haha 1
  • Agree 6
4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

If that were the case then subsequent attempts should not be able to be started. How the system worked previously, and how I'm essentially certain it is still intended to workis that there is a points penalty on subsequent attempts.

As far as i'm aware, during a week practice/quali followed by a weekend race event, you receive a time penalty if you have more than one attempt at qualifying (0.5s?). When you attempt a race on the weekend, any new attempt will replace your old score on the leaderboard, even if its lower than your previous

On the "all week" weekly events, no penalties seem to apply so you can have as many goes as you like without risking your current leaderboard score. Atleast thats what I remember from when the game used to work

Been no change on PS at least to the online mess. 

Removed from a 13 car lobby after a race, put into a lobby on my own, for a split second before the game put me into a 'new' lobby with 4 other players who were on lap 1 of their race. 

That's just my first attempt back since 1.10, I'm doubting it's an exception. 

Laughable. 

Codemasters put a statement out like that, that will be the day lol. Been online problems before and codemasters always silent and in last years edition when the saves became corrupt in single player, the lack of info from codemasters was staggering ( but the admins on here did all they could to help and was greatly appreciated by me anyway).

Dear Members, dear staffs, dear f1 2021 players.

I am really angry! Really angry! This game isn't ready for Online, it is not ready for League races and absolutely not ready for a E-Sport Series. 

This is unbelievable. 
I watch many F1 leagues on Twitch and drive many myself. 

And in 10 races, 7 races are desynced, are bugged, and whatever. 

It got a lot worse after the update. Portimao is such a great track, the best Codemasters has ever done, but the multiplayer is neglected asf. That is not how it works! The servers are so crowded and lag and bug. There is a desync in almost every race. Desyncs even run in 3 (!) And 5 (!) Laps. You have to imagine that, the races are so short and yet they are buggy. Incredible. This is incredible. 
I spent almost € 80 on the game and I get a game that is only bugged in multiplayer, should I only play offline or what? And it's not without bugs.

Sorry but i am so angry about this.

It can't be that so many lobbies are bugging. That can't be, how do you get something like that. 
That is a cheek! The worst F1 in multiplayer ever. 
And should an e-sports series start in October? A professional series? That will not do.
I've rarely been so damn angry. Unfortunately there are no good alternatives for playing F1. But until then I prefer to play F1 2013 and F1 2017. Oh my, that's so unbelievable.

Just a few examples:

(2) THE WEIRDEST LEAGUE RACE EVER? - PSGL Round 5 Monza - YouTube
(2) PSGL | PC | Season 29 | F1 - Round 5 | Italy - YouTube

(2) F1 2021 desync lobby - YouTube

(2) Spins, DeSync and Chaos | F1 2020 League Racing Clip - YouTube

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • BarryBL changed the title to [ ALL PLATFORMS ] - Desync and General Quality of Life in Multiplayer Discussion Thread
  • BarryBL pinned and featured this topic