Jump to content Jump to content

[ ALL PLATFORMS ] - Desync and General Quality of Life in Multiplayer Discussion Thread

58 minutes ago, Aerofan said:

The reason why I wrote, is because it happens that I am working in development department in automotive and I know that some things are not visible when you are testing, the tests requirements are defined and not all the things can be covered. We have also issues when the cars are tested and also when the cars are on the road because the test has not all the situations described, it is imposible to forseen everything. Unfortunately this is the part of the learning process. So we discover new issues, we are learning, we modify the test requirements and from the next product we have learned our lesson. The same way works also in game industry, some changes hasn't been forseen in the test requirement. They are learning now and be sure for the next game they will avoid this kind of stuff. 

Subject closed let's concentrate on the topic title now.

I’m sorry but I can’t agree with you. Its not like CM have built a new game on a new engine. This is the 6th or 7th game released on the current engine. It’s the same base game which is built upon year on year. 
Whilst its possible to to expect some bugs with new features, they have had the same multiplayer for years. So can’t excuse what went so wrong this time.

furthermore if you dig deeper into the forum, you will see quotes from people stating they raised bug reports during beta testing & the bugs are still in the game today.

For me i would love to see dedicated servers and they stability they should bring.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Ch3eSy said:

Yeah, paintwork >>>>>>> network

22D307BF-95DB-4DA2-8664-8F356DBF0C48.jpeg

Isn't really on topic is it? Plus, we could do to limit the noise on these threads. Have your say by all means, but clogging the TS threads with zero value posts isn't helpful.

6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Isn't really on topic is it? Plus, we could do to limit the noise on these threads. Have your say by all means, but clogging the TS threads with zero value posts isn't helpful.

A NOT WORKING GAME is also not helpful. Sorry, but Codemasters should see and feel the bad mood in the community! Maybe they change something in the future. It‘s about time!!! And as long as they don't communicate if they will change in the future, they have to live with this bad mood!!!

• Agree 1
52 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

I'm not gonna call it theft again because last time i did that i got a stern talking to but the fact of the matter is, for most of the peole that bought this game for online, codemasters has our money, and we don't have a working game. If it ever did work they now took it away from us completely. for one of the months where the leagues should be most active. 

Fully agree.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Bicarda said:

It kinda is. Part of the discussion was about codemasters sticking their heads in the sand and keep promoting their broken game and the fact they're clogging the social channels with posts like this and not a formal apology to the fans and a very, very, very ashamed lee mather promising they'll do better, it shows the message hasn't really rubbed in yet. 

Without actual change this drama will go on forever so I, for one, want to hear them say it. And not this 'acting like everything's fine' rubbish. I know this is redbull's social and they made much better comments about the game earlier when Max suggested to Lando he'd uninstall the game on stream. Was last game, but only goes to show that nothing's changed  and it only gets worse and worse. 

That and the ambiguity of the game being literally unplayable and someone finding time to paint a car. Just doesn't sound 'all hands on deck' to me. I get the graphics guys probably have nothing to do with desync but we're talking about imaging here which is the whole point of those social media's and the reason companies have profiles on them and at this point they're not doing a terrific job at it and just make people (me included) angry because all their posts tell us is that they don't give damn. It's dumb marketing antagonising the playerbase and I think it could certainly be addressed in a topic where it's so clear how hard codemasters dropped the ball. a month is WAY too long in a game that has a 12 month lifespan.. the last 2 of which hardly anyone plays anymore. 

I'm not gonna call it theft again because last time i did that i got a stern talking to but the fact of the matter is, for most of the people that bought this game for online, codemasters has our money, and we don't have a working game. If it ever did work they now took it away from us completely. for one of the months where the leagues should be most active. 

And yet all we've heard is how frustrated barry is with us. It's. Not. Enough. 

And while i wouldn't make a post like that myself it angers me too when i see it. and i don't mind codemasters people reading the forums know how many people think it just reeks like contempt and disrespect.

7 hours ago, WegMat said:

A NOT WORKING GAME is also not helpful. Sorry, but Codemasters should see and feel the bad mood in the community! Maybe they change something in the future. It‘s about time!!! And as long as they don't communicate if they will change in the future, they have to live with this bad mood!!!

7 hours ago, DiscoveryOV said:

Fully agree.

With this one, this now makes 4 additional posts in the thread, which was my point. There are other avenues to put the frustration in. It's not invisible, but I agree - continuing to market the game as if there is nothing wrong is quite shameless.

Nothing you post here is invisible, I'm sure the issues aren't "by design" but they probably are due to the design. "Breaking Point" you could say.

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)

Good to see the game is fixed now, but because the aren't many reports being submitted although CM have stated they are interested and having difficulties reproducing one of the issue.
All I see is some spam about some work probably done by graphical designers, who probably shouldn't/can't be working on network issues anyway.....

Edited by matses51
  • Disagree 1

How dare we complain that a one off livery is being added to the game (that not only hasn't been done before considering the two previous one offs or the fact that it's being used at a track that's not actually in the game)? Because the majority of us have had this game since launch and it STILL DOESN'T WORK (but let's make sure the pretty cars are in eh...) Yet because we're not esports players, we don't matter as much despite the fact that we are the ones that actually paid for the game, yet they will get the stable build first. Of all of the games I've ever bought, this is by far the most broken and I bought cyberpunk! Which we got refunded for btw, something that won't even be acknowledged by codemasters as a genuine solution to our issues. Probably because they know just how many of us would take one, costing them a fortune. I've given up on 2021 now and urge the rest of you having issues to do the same. I don't know how else to try and make them listen? 

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bicarda said:

They aren't being reported because a lot of people in this thread already done so earlier and it's not fixed and i don't know what you're talking about. There will be a patch next week with a fix. 

The spam is not about the work done by the graphical designers but about the way codemasters is still promoting the game like it's not broken. Comprehensive reading is hard though.

I think you have just proven my point.
Have you read Barry's post?

On 10/4/2021 at 3:12 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay, but I do have a more substantial update here on the quality of life on Multiplayer, especially since 1.10.

1. The first part of this update is that we have a fix for the key desync issue seen in the PSGL footage (and other leagues) where the session host becomes laggy and positional information for all players gradually deteriorates. This can impair the host of large sessions in certain circumstances (i.e. it is not every session all of the time). A fix for this has been approved by our QA team and is scheduled for release in our next patch, v1.12.
  2. In the interests of transparency, our next objective for the team is the red X issue that seems to affect some sessions on Steam where one of the players fails to communicate their position to one or more other players in the session. This one is still in testing phase (as the desync was our priority) and working towards a solution on this one. I'll be setting up a thread specifically for this issue as we may need further feedback, and also want to see your experiences of this issue.

I understand and empathise the frustration that the Multiplayer Community has had over the past few weeks, the challenges you have faced and we thank you for your patience. If you run into a issue, I've been asked by the developers to be specific about the issues that you are facing. This allows us to track down the problems more effectively. I will go through the Master Thread today and separate by issue as this is helpful for developers, alongside report codes and videos too. 

The patch will address 1 of 2 identified issues and he says there might be a separate thread.
Then I provided him with specific clips that were similar to point 2 and he responded the following:

On 10/4/2021 at 4:08 PM, BarryBL said:

As long as it is an exact quote, that seems reasonable and to be honest, expected. Go for it.

Not the case. Still very

On 10/4/2021 at 4:05 PM, matses51 said:

Hi,
So to be clear you only want us to submit bug reports where the red cross is visible over our own or an opponents car?

I.e you are not interested in these types of clips/issues since it will most likely be fixed on the 1.12 patch and no red cross is visible?
PC-League 1
PC-Same race as "League 1"
PC-Random League

interested, this is a update on the highest priority issues from this thread. Create reports for these and we'll look in the normal procedure.

So please create another thread were you are ranting and keep this relative to multiplayer with specific issues, so this isn't filled up with rants and spam and it is actually possible to track relevant information.
Thank you. 

Edited by matses51
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Indeed. so it's not fixed. it's gonna be 'half fixed' next week. 
And i think they're barking mad if they think it's acceptable to take this long. And that is concerning the multuplayer/desync issues so it's NOT beside the point. 

It's time they see the problems run much to deep to be able to patchfix every time they break something and have the game be unplayable for weeks/months. 

It's not the first time. It's also not the only thing, just the most game breaking right now. But let this be the time that they admit to themselves that this is not the way anymore. and to promote this games multiplayer anywhere is almost a scam. 

I read barry's post and read nothing in there about any actual change in priorities, or how they are gonna make sure stuff like this doesn't happen again. I read nothing about multiplayer quality of life improvements either.. Just that they half fixed after a month and not even admitting that 1/12th of a games lifespan is long AF. 

So yes.. concerning this games desync issues, and quality of life in multiplayer, as per the title of the thread. It's not good enough. And it isn't gonna be until stuff changes.

Please. get of your high horse, thank you. We've made more than enough bug reports already and most of them get ignored to death. 

Thanks man, good thing we sorted things out.....

• Disagree 1
On 4/10/2021 at 15:12, BarryBL said:

Hola a todos,

Perdón por el retraso, pero tengo una actualización más sustancial aquí sobre la calidad de vida en el modo multijugador, especialmente desde la versión 1.10.

1. La primera parte de esta actualización es que tenemos una solución para el problema de desincronización clave que se ve en las imágenes de PSGL (y otras ligas) donde el host de la sesión se vuelve lento y la información de posición de todos los jugadores se deteriora gradualmente. Esto puede perjudicar la gran cantidad de sesiones en determinadas circunstancias (es decir, no todas las sesiones todo el tiempo). Nuestro equipo de control de calidad ha aprobado una solución para esto y está programada para su lanzamiento en nuestro próximo parche, la v1.12.
  2. En aras de la transparencia, nuestro próximo objetivo para el equipo es el problema de la X roja que parece afectar algunas sesiones en Steam donde uno de los jugadores no puede comunicar su posición a uno o más jugadores en la sesión. Este todavía está en fase de prueba (ya que la desincronización era nuestra prioridad) y trabajando hacia una solución en este. Estaré configurando un hilo específicamente para este problema, ya que es posible que necesitemos más comentarios y también queremos ver sus experiencias con este problema.

Entiendo y simpatizo con la frustración que ha tenido la comunidad multijugador durante las últimas semanas, los desafíos a los que se han enfrentado y les agradecemos su paciencia. Si tiene un problema, los desarrolladores me han pedido que sea específico sobre los problemas que enfrenta. Esto nos permite rastrear los problemas de manera más efectiva. Revisaré el hilo principal hoy y lo separaré por tema, ya que esto es útil para los desarrolladores, junto con los códigos de informe y los videos también. 

Buenos días desde España. 

Mi nombre es Roberto. 

Creo que antes de lanzar un producto se debería de hacer un filtro de calidad del mismo,es decir probarlo cuantas horas sean posibles en todos los modos de juego,periféricos,Pcs,videoconsolas etc... Con distintas potencias de Internet,de componentes del sistema de juego... 

No es normal que en el modo multijugador,que es la mayoría de sus clientes utilizan este juego,sea el que peor funcione.Con patrocinadores reales de la FIA,F1 2021,etc.

Sus patrocinadores y socios creo que no estarán contentos cuando la comunidad del simracing está muy disgustada con esta situación tan lamentable.Cuando en el juego se ven sus marcas por nombrar a PIRELLI, FANATEC y mil más.Y que decir de los derechos de la F1-FIA. 

1° Se debería de haber hecho un comunicado pidiendo disculpas a toda la comunidad por lo ocurrido. 

2° Una vez sabido el problema,no seguir pidiendo datos e información sobre errores,sino ir a la solución y seguir con la investigación ustedes mismos,los usuarios no deberíamos de hacer,corregir el juego,e investigar sobre errores.Nosotros pagamos por un producto,no trabajamos en su producto.Nosotros no tenemos remuneración alguna por hacer su trabajo,al contrario pagamos,investigamos y os damos los datos para la mejora del juego,mientras ustedes siguen haciendo caja con el esfuerzo de sus clientes disgustados. 

3° Deberían de hacer algún tipo de abono para el siguiente juego,las reclamaciones y mal estar de todos sus clientes,es más importante para seguir estando en el mercado.

Espero y deseo que esto vaya a mejor,porque la desilusión y las ganas de seguir año tras año con esta forma de trabajo por parte de ustedes,pudiera verse afectado tanto a nivel social,económico y reputación. 

Trabajen con precisión antes de lanzar algún tipo de solución,porque veo que todo está muy al límite,y están al límite de la desilusión total de la comunidad que amamos este juego del F1. 

Un saludo

4 hours ago, RTorralba said:

Buenos días desde España. 

Mi nombre es Roberto. 

Creo que antes de lanzar un producto se debería de hacer un filtro de calidad del mismo,es decir probarlo cuantas horas sean posibles en todos los modos de juego,periféricos,Pcs,videoconsolas etc... Con distintas potencias de Internet,de componentes del sistema de juego... 

No es normal que en el modo multijugador,que es la mayoría de sus clientes utilizan este juego,sea el que peor funcione.Con patrocinadores reales de la FIA,F1 2021,etc.

Sus patrocinadores y socios creo que no estarán contentos cuando la comunidad del simracing está muy disgustada con esta situación tan lamentable.Cuando en el juego se ven sus marcas por nombrar a PIRELLI, FANATEC y mil más.Y que decir de los derechos de la F1-FIA. 

1° Se debería de haber hecho un comunicado pidiendo disculpas a toda la comunidad por lo ocurrido. 

2° Una vez sabido el problema,no seguir pidiendo datos e información sobre errores,sino ir a la solución y seguir con la investigación ustedes mismos,los usuarios no deberíamos de hacer,corregir el juego,e investigar sobre errores.Nosotros pagamos por un producto,no trabajamos en su producto.Nosotros no tenemos remuneración alguna por hacer su trabajo,al contrario pagamos,investigamos y os damos los datos para la mejora del juego,mientras ustedes siguen haciendo caja con el esfuerzo de sus clientes disgustados. 

3° Deberían de hacer algún tipo de abono para el siguiente juego,las reclamaciones y mal estar de todos sus clientes,es más importante para seguir estando en el mercado.

Espero y deseo que esto vaya a mejor,porque la desilusión y las ganas de seguir año tras año con esta forma de trabajo por parte de ustedes,pudiera verse afectado tanto a nivel social,económico y reputación. 

Trabajen con precisión antes de lanzar algún tipo de solución,porque veo que todo está muy al límite,y están al límite de la desilusión total de la comunidad que amamos este juego del F1. 

Un saludo

In the forum we write only and exclusively in English! Make a translation or write this text in this language.

• Agree 2
On 10/7/2021 at 10:58 PM, Bicarda said:

It kinda is. Part of the discussion was about codemasters sticking their heads in the sand and keep promoting their broken game and the fact they're clogging the social channels with posts like this and not a formal apology to the fans and a very, very, very ashamed lee mather promising they'll do better, it shows the message hasn't really rubbed in yet. 

Without actual change this drama will go on forever so I, for one, want to hear them say it. And not this 'acting like everything's fine' rubbish. I know this is redbull's social and they made much better comments about the game earlier when Max suggested to Lando he'd uninstall the game on stream. Was last game, but only goes to show that nothing's changed  and it only gets worse and worse. 

That and the ambiguity of the game being literally unplayable and someone finding time to paint a car. Just doesn't sound 'all hands on deck' to me. I get the graphics guys probably have nothing to do with desync but we're talking about imaging here which is the whole point of those social media's and the reason companies have profiles on them and at this point they're not doing a terrific job at it and just make people (me included) angry because all their posts tell us is that they don't give damn. It's dumb marketing antagonising the playerbase and I think it could certainly be addressed in a topic where it's so clear how hard codemasters dropped the ball. a month is WAY too long in a game that has a 12 month lifespan.. the last 2 of which hardly anyone plays anymore. 

I'm not gonna call it theft again because last time i did that i got a stern talking to but the fact of the matter is, for most of the people that bought this game for online, codemasters has our money, and we don't have a working game. If it ever did work they now took it away from us completely. for one of the months where the leagues should be most active. 

And yet all we've heard is how frustrated barry is with us. It's. Not. Enough. 

And while i wouldn't make a post like that myself it angers me too when i see it. and i don't mind if codemasters people reading the forums know how many people think it just reeks like contempt and disrespect.

I opened a thread for this. 

• Thanks 3
  • Agree 2
On 10/6/2021 at 11:17 PM, matses51 said:
  • A detailed description of the issue.
    My nickname: NewbieTubey
    Desync during a league race today. Short Q, formation lap and 50%  race distance. 
    Last lap I am approaching what I think is P1 and P2, but I cant see NSR_avakgunn in P3 and I take him out.
    I also take him out on the spectator stream, but this was just barely caugth/visible.

• Report Code
    KHVJ-DGPA-TPGE-GTVG

• Platform?
    PC

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session?
    14 players
    2 Spectator

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    No. Sincus was thehost. His connection was green.

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    Honestly none. I am on a cable connection with 500/500 fiber. Some races are fine others are not

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party
    NSR_avakgunn view
    NewbiTubey View

Since this is now happened more than once I am starting to think it is something with my setup. A bit strange cause it always seems to be one specific player/car.
    Based on my two recent reports it seem to be inline with @BarryBL second point:
    But I don't see any red cross

Hi,
He is "NSR_avakgunn" who I hit in the final laps, he is in a Williams which is quite relevant for the L15/16 clip.
I had some time to go through my stream today and found something interesting or at least I thought it was.
It seems like the desync happened quite early and before the SC, the first time I am able to see it is on lap 8.
The desync might have happened earlier, but we were quite far apart from the start. I am at the back and on M-S he is at the front on S-M.
The tire changes started around L7 for the field.
Looks like the game shows his time on my time table every time he laps, the position is of course incorrect but the delta time compared to the stream seems fairly accurate?
When we pit during L15/16 I cannot see although we should have according to stream and my own time table.
There were other incidents as well, but far to many to edit and post here. I have a full copy of my stream and the spectator stream should anybody be interessted.

Lap 8 player pops in
Lap 9 player pops in
Pit stop after first SC. Player should have been visible, but isn't. The time delta shows it though
Player pops in again

Edit: @BarryBLreport code has been corrected. Double checked against stream

pre 1.12 patch though

Edited by matses51
On 10/10/2021 at 18:05, Pawel567 said:

¡En el foro escribimos única y exclusivamente en inglés! Haga una traducción o escriba este texto en este idioma.

Hello, I understand the rules of the forum. As you should also know how to translate in any language on this planet. I am Spanish and I bought your product in Spain, you only sell your product in England or its colonies, etc ... And so you will not have to Use a translator, since I see that it is difficult for you, how to solve the problems of the product that you purchase at its launch € 69.99 or what is equivalent to £ 59.44.  In case you don't understand it !!!  Less formalities in the forum with the languages, and more squeezing the game developers. I am still waiting for that update after almost 3 weeks of inactivity in all the online championships of the world. Sorry for the inconvenience, as a customer and payer I will write to you at English, because I have no qualms about doing it with the translator. Let us know if you know how to do your job too. Good evening and have a great week of good things.

13 minutes ago, RTorralba said:

Hello, I understand the rules of the forum. As you should also know how to translate in any language on this planet. I am Spanish and I bought your product in Spain, you only sell your product in England or its colonies, etc ... And so you will not have to Use a translator, since I see that it is difficult for you, how to solve the problems of the product that you purchase at its launch € 69.99 or what is equivalent to £ 59.44.  In case you don't understand it !!!  Less formalities in the forum with the languages, and more squeezing the game developers. I am still waiting for that update after almost 3 weeks of inactivity in all the online championships of the world. Sorry for the inconvenience, as a customer and payer I will write to you at English, because I have no qualms about doing it with the translator. Let us know if you know how to do your job too. Good evening and have a great week of good things.

I am not a CM employee, let alone an English speaker. I am a Pole who wants to fix F1 2021 as much as possible.

4 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

No soy un empleado de CM, y mucho menos un hablante de inglés. Soy un polaco que quiere arreglar F1 2021 tanto como sea posible.

Do not take it into account in a personal way, I quote and explain myself directly to codemaster and I imagine that all this like all the comments on the forum you send it to them, because they should do a quality survey on their product and know what is the opinion of your customers. Forgive me if I have offended you, it is nothing personal with you. I hope you understand. Thank you

12 minutes ago, RTorralba said:

Do not take it into account in a personal way, I quote and explain myself directly to codemaster and I imagine that all this like all the comments on the forum you send it to them, because they should do a quality survey on their product and know what is the opinion of your customers. Forgive me if I have offended you, it is nothing personal with you. I hope you understand. Thank you

I am not offended by this. I fully understand your frustration. In my country people and leagues are not happy with this state of affairs either. 

Have completely given up on this game and gone back to 2020. I'll check in sporadically to see if it's any closer to being fixed but Imola and a white Red Bull are not enough to distract me from the fact that I can't play this online to any level of enjoyment and have had to delay my mini league as a result, now being run in 2020. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just me it affected, but for a game that is at it's absolute best with others (imo), alienating groups of players is just unacceptable. 

• Agree 1