Jump to content Jump to content

[ ALL PLATFORMS ] - Desync and General Quality of Life in Multiplayer Discussion Thread

matses51

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, WegMat said:

@BarryBL what‘s going on now? Any informations about a patch and when the game will work in multiplayer again?

Hi WegMat,

As mentioned previously, patch is scheduled for mid-this week with a number of updates for the game. Don't want to say today, tomorrow or Thursday just yet to manage expectations.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi WegMat,

As mentioned previously, patch is scheduled for mid-this week with a number of updates for the game. Don't want to say today, tomorrow or Thursday just yet to manage expectations.

Thanks for your reply. I thought you already know more. Then we will keep waiting. 🤞🏻

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi WegMat,

THIS IS STUPIDITY ON VIRTUAL PAPER! They have huge expectations and not to say desperately angry hopes on your shoulders anyway, but by keeping the thing so blurry, all they will achieve on top is that for sure everyone will be even more angry. Because every day they dont bring it out is an additional disappointment. Is that really so hard to understand? 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, TOS1981 said:

THIS IS STUPIDITY ON VIRTUAL PAPER! They have huge expectations and not to say desperately angry hopes on your shoulders anyway, but by keeping the thing so blurry, all they will achieve on top is that for sure everyone will be even more angry. Because every day they dont bring it out is an additional disappointment. Is that really so hard to understand? 

Not at all, just don't want to promise a date and time that is not 100% confirmed from the developer team. It'd be worse if I promised a time and didnt produce the patch to keep my promise.

2 minutes ago, TOS1981 said:

I mean i rather they release a patch that actually fixes the issues, whats 2 or 3 days when its already been a few weeks?

give Barry a break, he is just doing his job he responded to the question asked with the info he has from the dev team working on the patch

• Agree 3

freedom of opinion, naturally they defend their decisions, I would do the same. I know of course it isn't barry's fault, but one could really build a management case study on that game for future learnings. Management of expectations by being blurry is certainly not ideal, even though it appears a lot in this world.

I mean, yes, the game is certainly complex, but since it is not the first of its kind, there must be experiences on which to base estimates - or have they thrown out the entire development team from F1 2020 to F1 2021 and burned all dosumentation of earlier issues? it just seems inexplicable, and all the blurry-ness doesnt add to a very good impression, at least from my side

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Not at all, just don't want to promise a date and time that is not 100% confirmed from the developer team. It'd be worse if I promised a time and didnt produce the patch to keep my promise.

Sorry to say it so bluntly, but in my opinion this just makes the situation appear as if codies/ea have absolutely nothing under control. And I cannot say that I like that, very sorry. 

This is not personal to anyone, it is just my impression. Or as the rating agencies would have said in 2007: it is merely an opinion 

• Agree 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, TOS1981 said:

Sorry to say it so bluntly, but in my opinion this just makes the situation appear as if codies/ea have absolutely nothing under control. And I cannot say that I like that, very sorry. 

This is not personal to anyone, it is just my impression. Or as the rating agencies would have said in 2007: it is merely an opinion 

Don't worry, didnt take it personal. I've had worse 😛 😄 

26 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

I mean i rather they release a patch that actually fixes the issues, whats 2 or 3 days when its already been a few weeks?

give Barry a break, he is just doing his job he responded to the question asked with the info he has from the dev team working on the patch

Did you solve your camera issues?

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Yes

Well, some have. We're awaiting feedback. Best to consult the patch notes @MartinSchrod

https://clips.twitch.tv/GloriousColdbloodedSalsifyVoteNay-KAHyJzgGRtD_YeiQ
https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudCovertGoatDuDudu-NQBUPl1KnkGNdsO6
So this happened. Tell me if you want somthing from me as of report codes or smth. Not gonna bother searching for them without you guys acknowledging it first.

7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Yes

Well, some have. We're awaiting feedback. Best to consult the patch notes @MartinSchrod

I've played the game on PS5 online post patch and all the same connection issues are still there for me. I do a quali lap, everyone disconnects and then I'm left in a lobby by myself. It then takes forever to even find another lobby and then the same issue applies anyway. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I'm giving up with this game I think 😂

From what I've seen on the forums, Twitter, Discord, etc... the desync between players (red X on people even though they are in the race) is still quite bad and common in the game.

I know the plan was to split the desync into 2 parts but considering 1.11 and 1.12 were merged, I expected the desync to be fixed. So was only the spectator side of the desync in this patch? What's the plan moving forward to fix this considering league racing is heavily affected and won't be able to go ahead until it's fixed?

Edited by PondeN
  • Like 3

I dont have a bug report yet but will do as soon as it happens again. 

Yesterday in around 10 5-lap races we experienced desync issues just like before. Cars suddenly crashing but only on the screen of a couple people. Car was going backwards too for a moment. 

What seems fixed is the lobby timer, that one worked out very well. only after 8 or 9 races the lobby got stuck for 2 minutes. Anyway, desync seems to be still an issue. I honestly cant believe this. Today will be our first league race in 5 weeks so lets see how this one goes. 

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

To be specific here, the Red 'X' issue is something we are still working on, and has its own thread: [ STEAM ] - Player shown with red X during multiplayer race - Report an Issue - Codemasters Community. Are users still reporting:

• Incorrect positional information for other players
  • Stuttering and lag on the host machine
  • Cars driving the wrong way in the pitlane
  • Cars appearing on top of one another on the spectator feed.
  • An issue where the host being invited back to the session after a host migration could result in an error
  • Agree 1

So what actually got fixed in this patch? There is no way I'm buying the game next year until I know it works. With iracing getting the licencing for mercedes f1 codies better get their **** together or all the teams will just go to iracing and earn a bit more money.

13 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

To be specific here, the Red 'X' issue is something we are still working on, and has its own thread: [ STEAM ] - Player shown with red X during multiplayer race - Report an Issue - Codemasters Community. Are users still reporting:

• Incorrect positional information for other players
  • Stuttering and lag on the host machine
  • Cars driving the wrong way in the pitlane
  • Cars appearing on top of one another on the spectator feed.
  • An issue where the host being invited back to the session after a host migration could result in an error

Do you wanna kidding us? This issues, which paralyze all the leagues, wasn‘t fixed! You can't be serious?! Sorry, but this is a cheek!!! 🤨 I have no more words! I loose all the trust in any Updates you will deliver, because every Patch makes the game more bad! This is the badest thing, what you as a company can happen - if your customers will lose the trust in your product! Then they won’t buy again.

Did your developers check the game before they rollout a patch? UNBELIEVABLE! If not change anything asap, this was my last game from Codemasters!!! A shame!