Jump to content Jump to content

[ ALL PLATFORMS ] - Desync and General Quality of Life in Multiplayer Discussion Thread

@BarryBL We had some issues last night in our league race:

Australia

PC / Steam

20 Users, Social Lobby

Issue:  Stream/host lost all timing info for a period.  Also had issues with one car dissapearing from the track then re-appearing (no red X).  Also a number of drivers reported game crashes (for what thats worth).

Screen grab and Twitch video below:  

https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddyFaintCougarKAPOW-0ZOm__ANvtgbiAy9

image.png.c28e827e0fdecbd19824c17c26831b88.png

Edited by ReconNZ
  • Thanks 1

I know that this isn't your fault but can you please explain what actually got fixed in the latest patch because it seems like it was just a lie in the patch notes and since we all payed £70 for this game and can't get a refund I think we at least deserve an explanation. We literally can't play half of the game that we payed for 

On 10/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

To be specific here, the Red 'X' issue is something we are still working on, and has its own thread: [ STEAM ] - Player shown with red X during multiplayer race - Report an Issue - Codemasters Community. Are users still reporting:

• Incorrect positional information for other players
  • Stuttering and lag on the host machine
  • Cars driving the wrong way in the pitlane
  • Cars appearing on top of one another on the spectator feed.
  • An issue where the host being invited back to the session after a host migration could result in an error

• Agree 6
17 hours ago, Keepke said:

******* thieves.  give money back. !!!!!!!!

I imagine how Barry sneaks into your house, "steals" 60$ and leaves a copy of F1 2021 there for you 🤣

Jokes aside, do we really need to talk about how ALL of us bought the game by ourselves?

Said this in another thread, but I only bought this game for multiplayer. I've not played it for 3 weeks because it just does not work. Mis sold a product in my opinion. Anyone who pre ordered 21 should get a copy of 22 for free.

• Agree 3
1 hour ago, RLLL said:

Said this in another thread, but I only bought this game for multiplayer. I've not played it for 3 weeks because it just does not work. Mis sold a product in my opinion. Anyone who pre ordered 21 should get a copy of 22 for free.

Have you tried again since the 1.12 update? There have certainly been some improvements...

3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Have you tried again since the 1.12 update? There have certainly been some improvements...

I have. Aside from cars now actually passing you instead of matching your pace when you slow down, it's still awful. Purchased mainly for multiplayer (league racing) and still haven't been able to start it for fear of it being a waste of time. Giving up and going back to 2020. 

3 hours ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

What if turned out to be worse than '21?

Not possible 

Although I understand all of your frustrations, people, this thread is starting to go off-topic too much. Let's conclude our agony with this post and keep it to posting bug reports according to the templates as much as possible from here on out, so the developer team has more information to work with. If we can fill up this thread that way and nothing changes in terms of bugs, synchronization and "quality of life in mp" then we know for sure that CM is either unwilling or unable to provide a reliable online game. Then we can start to not buy future titles and their in-game currency. CM is a company after all and all they care about is profit. Only complaining and demanding free copies of the next title will gift them opportunities to push the blame away from them. "We could not fix the issue because the community was too busy complaining and demanding ridiculous things, rather than giving us detailed bug reports we can analyze and work through to find a solution." is probably what is going to come out in the end if things keep going like this in this thread.

Like I said, I understand your frustrations all too well. I've been buying and playing CM's F1 game series since F1 2012 and there have ALWAYS been major, game breaking issues in the online part of the game. How CM still has the license to the official F1 game is beyond me. The constant flood of negative comments on social media posts that has begun years ago is proof that they have already lost the trust of the majority of their playerbase. In external forums, it has become a meme, a joke, like Bethesda with Skyrim, only in a repulsive way. If you think CM is unwilling or unable to deliver a reliable online game then just don't buy their next title and their in-game currency. It is that simple.

• Like 1

Still same f... sh.., desync, people kick from the lobby, bugs all the gp every single online race, this is a shame, really.

1 month to get a patch and with 0 issue solved, but creating new problems xD GG Codemasters, you are bad, and I'm polit.

Any updates coming for this? I note I still get put into empty lobbies at the end of races and have to go about finding opponents all over again. Zapped all the fun out of ranked and there's barely anyone in sessions. 

November on Monday...

Desync issues still happening all around. Every single lobby whenever there is someone that doesnt have 4 bars the lobby starts desyncing. 

i dont know whats the point of report codes when it happens in literally every lobby that has 16 or more people in it with people that dont always have the best connection. I cant believe how this is still an issue. I feel betrayed by Codemasters. Bought a game that is broken to its core. Still no goddamn apology!!!!!!!!!! How shameful do you guys have to be. at least aknowledge you messed up and apologise to your community. 

Whoever watched TRL Limitless and Dani Bereznay streams today could have seen 3-4 race restarts and safety cars cruising on the track without SC being announced, disqualifications due to overtaking a safety car and so on... 

Links

Edited by gudosic
  • Agree 2
Just now, gudosic said:

Whoever watched TRL Limitless and Dani Bereznay streams today could have seen 3-4 race restarts and safety cars cruising on the track without SC being announced, disqualificationa due to overtaking a safety car and so on... 

Links

THIS

4 hours ago, gudosic said:

Whoever watched TRL Limitless and Dani Bereznay streams today could have seen 3-4 race restarts and safety cars cruising on the track without SC being announced, disqualifications due to overtaking a safety car and so on... 

Links

🤣😂🤣 What a disgrace for an „OFFICIAL F1 game“. I can‘t believe this! 😂🤣😂

• Agree 1

Another month gone by, game still massively broken. How is this STILL going under the radar of mainstream gaming media? 

On 10/22/2021 at 2:53 PM, MrGhostO1O said:

Only complaining and demanding free copies of the next title will gift them opportunities to push the blame away from them. "We could not fix the issue because the community was too busy complaining and demanding ridiculous things, rather than giving us detailed bug reports we can analyze and work through to find a solution." is probably what is going to come out in the end if things keep going like this in this thread.

I appreciate mostly what you're saying, but we have been providing bug reports for months and nothing has changed. The utter lack of transparency and communication is laughable. 

I've stopped playing 2021, gone back to 2020 (which mostly works) and will not be buying 2022.

• Agree 4