Jump to content Jump to content

[ ALL PLATFORMS ] - Desync and General Quality of Life in Multiplayer Discussion Thread

matses51

Are the massive desync and terrible overall online game experience still on the list of things to fix or have Codemasters thrown in the towel? I try to organize a weekly racing league and have been since 2019, but tonight we've had to disband yet another race because of desync, invisible cars, collisions with invisible cars, glitching cars and safety cars coming out in different laps for different people. I see players asking for a sign that it's still being worked on but it looks like the latest patch which was supposed to fix desync really was the last one?

I'm considering finishing the remainder of my league calendar in F1 2020, then migrate all my players to AC and not returning to an F1/Codemasters game until they've shown they can code a functioning game that doesn't feel like it's still in beta halfway it's expiration date. It's not just ruining players' experiences but also ruining eSports, it's a joke. I'm really hoping for good news and actual measures taken to drastically improve stability and reliability of the online experience. We're not being demanding or asking for too much. Most of us have paid full price for a game that lasts less than a year and it's already been four months of terror. We deserve a game that works or we wouldn't have bought it all in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It was running well (only 1 problem in 5 races) until yesterday. 3 races - multiple issues, safety car porting, cars going through pit lane were porting on track (in Monaco), again intervals were missing.

Host with superstable internet, very low ping whole time, using Ethernet.

Is there anything you can tell us or are we gonna ignore this and applaud for new skins for myteam?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, JanKondler said:

Is there any possibility that NAT opening, port forwarding or idk what on host side will fix it? @BarryBL, or anybody else who is experiencing this in some leagues. Please

It will help for sure. It will help for ALL players in the league to use the correct NAT type, enable port forwarding and to run on stable internet.

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

It will help for sure. It will help for ALL players in the league to use the correct NAT type, enable port forwarding and to run on stable internet.

Can you please somehow help with this? Like how to do it. I think it will be useful for others as well. Maybe some short video tutorial how to do it correctly for F1 2021. Thank you for your time.

34 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Would love to see an ETA on the problem thats been ruining the game for 4 months instead of giving NAT how-to's..................

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, Knoeivelt said:

Would love to see an ETA on the problem thats been ruining the game for 4 months instead of giving NAT how-to's..................

word!

not helpful at all, 4 months with crappy ranked lobbies.... i dont know why i am still waiting, anybody can recommend other games for online competetive? asetto corsa a good one?

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, LenzDan said:

word!

not helpful at all, 4 months with crappy ranked lobbies.... i dont know why i am still waiting, anybody can recommend other games for online competetive? asetto corsa a good one?

I think online is done for this year. It would be great if they can say that they don't care and nothing will be done with it so we don't have false hope.

So uh... No updates on the Multiplayer situation? This is getting to the point where even final timings are unreliable and the game issues penalties incorrectly (6s instead of 3s, for example) after race finish and time gaps are incredibly inaccurate. And I'm not commenting on general disconnections, lagspikes, desynced start lights and even desynced cars...

EDIT: Just to add, the league I currently help manage is seriously considering switching back to F1 2020 after we complete the season in two weeks. At least 2020 was more stable and had somewhat less issues...

Edited by mantazzo
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, mantazzo said:

Zero multiplayer fixes with patch 1.14.

Disappointing.

Yet unsurprising... 

On 12/4/2021 at 10:24 PM, mantazzo said:

EDIT: Just to add, the league I currently help manage is seriously considering switching back to F1 2020 after we complete the season in two weeks. At least 2020 was more stable and had somewhat less issues...

We've already changed ours to use 2020. It's unmanageable on '21. 14 patches now and still nothing about fixing it, I'm done with that game. 

@BarryBL how about some news/info on the multiplayer issues? seriously... everything is getting fixed and updated etc... but for multiplayer you dont even get anymore info... shame i liked 2020...

also i'd like to know if it is planned to see the ranking points (gold, silver, bronze) again, so it is easier to know when your at the edge at a ranklevel? but i guess since nobody at codies gives a flying fudge on that thread anymore, all questions etc are just hot air to them...

• Agree 3

hi everyone, developers and gamers alike, i promise to play on ps4.
the game on online mode, especially in private lobbies, is unplayable.
it is very difficult to LET many players enter the lobby as the message of the room is no longer available, this happens both in the lobby screen and once the session has begun.
stability problems arise as during a race some players disappear from the ranking of one player but remain in that of another. this also happens for his lap times which are not recorded in the lobby but by the single player.
numerous problems with flags. as the
yellow flags in different sectors. in case of exit of the safety car it happened at the restart to have yellow flags without anyone having gone off the track or slowed down.
in short, for a where the on-line experience is fundamental ... it becomes a tragedy to organize some competitions between friends. hope you can solve.
Greetings

We run a league in Sweden on PS, all of course on latest update but we have had severe desync issues all 4 races this season.

Suddenly the timing list totally crashes and tell incorrect times and place of each rider.

Sometimes you get illegal overtakes of cars that even are close to you.

Suddenly the SC stands somewhere around the track but still no yellow flag and we can pass him 2-3 times then he decides to start.

We have tried restart the first race we had but same problem again.

When doing a 3rd re race a couple of days later we managed to get through.

Any thoughts where we can start troubleshoot?

We know people from other leagues and they don’t have the same issues.

4 hours ago, JBKingSwe said:

We run a league in Sweden on PS, all of course on latest update but we have had severe desync issues all 4 races this season.

Suddenly the timing list totally crashes and tell incorrect times and place of each rider.

Sometimes you get illegal overtakes of cars that even are close to you.

Suddenly the SC stands somewhere around the track but still no yellow flag and we can pass him 2-3 times then he decides to start.

We have tried restart the first race we had but same problem again.

When doing a 3rd re race a couple of days later we managed to get through.

Any thoughts where we can start troubleshoot?

We know people from other leagues and they don’t have the same issues.

This game is bad.

Try to tell your league racers:

1. No Alt-Tab (for pc, if there is something similar on PS don't do it)

2. No leaving lobby (in quali)

3. Host with really good pc/internet with open internet (not much security)

4. Monaco is bugged don't race there (pit lane)

5. Clicking ready on every loading thing

• 2 weeks later...
  • BarryBL unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, LameElite said:

So i guess guys, we are back in this thread again. Game is again broken....

Yeah feels bad to be back I guess....

To sum it up for right now:

When you join a online multiplayers session the following happens:

The lobby in itself is already lagging, as in you have to wait to actually jump in the menu or when you try to select a car/driver seat.

Then the loading screen kinda bugs out too with a bunch of people not even getting to load but instead getting the message for not responding in time with the countdown timer.

However if you get to load into the actual game as in qualy or race you get greeted by other players who are completly out of sync with you.

They will crash you out without their own cars even moving an inch, they get taken out themselves by cars you cant even see or some cars will simply get stuck to others and will get dragged along which in my opinion looks funny but is really terrible gameplay-wise.

I have seen it in 4 lobbys so far since I patched this game today and I dont think its just a one-time thing.

Best solution for now would probably a rollback on that cosmetics patch, because right now they cant even enjoy that in online races.

Thats just my statement to this so yeah...

If you have anything to add please go ahead.

• Thanks 1

Ok I dont care if the next game has no other features as long as you guys have multiplayer working properly for once. You guys are selling a game that hosts the official f1 esports series and has a huge league racing community, yet for far too much of this game cycle multiplayer has been in a completely unplayable state. 

Adding this years issues to 2020's issues with the connection overlay blocking peoples view in lobbies on launch, it seems like you guys have 0 interest in developing a functioning multiplayer from launch and havent for multiple game cycles. Really frustrating, hoping for better next year.

Edited by Simdogga
  • Thanks 1