Jump to content Jump to content

[ ALL PLATFORMS ] - Desync and General Quality of Life in Multiplayer Discussion Thread

Cant play multiplayer on PS4, all cars have a red cross, This is not a downloaded game but play from a disc. Been happening for 3 days now

No error codes given, game looks as if it is working fine. Just tried again with a friend and when we are trying to qualify in online multiplayer we keep disconnecting. My friend disconnects for my console, and vice versa for my friends console

Edited by DHC240568

Hello everybody,   I haven’t been able to play online for well over a month.  Ive tried all the codemasters suggestions, nothing worked.  Last night i re formatted my PS4.  This morning everything is working 100%. I have to start over from scratch.  Small price to pay.  Good luck

On 9/16/2021 at 10:24 PM, TrovaMB said:

Playstation is still a disaster too. 

Screw Braking point **** fix online racing. ESports should be a **** show with this. 

My league race crashed bc some  guy left early... Wiped out the whole race results. 

A mess. Embarrassing it's still not fixed. 

We had this problem this evening. 2 hours wasted. Really %*]*{^ annoying! C’mon, fix this ****!

waiting a month for this:

Users kicked from a session due to the timer running out are no longer banned from the session

Host-spectators will now correctly see the race starts lights go out at the same time as racers 

For real?

Edited by LenzDan
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Are the massive desync and terrible overall online game experience still on the list of things to fix or have Codemasters thrown in the towel? I try to organize a weekly racing league and have been since 2019, but tonight we've had to disband yet another race because of desync, invisible cars, collisions with invisible cars, glitching cars and safety cars coming out in different laps for different people. I see players asking for a sign that it's still being worked on but it looks like the latest patch which was supposed to fix desync really was the last one?

I'm considering finishing the remainder of my league calendar in F1 2020, then migrate all my players to AC and not returning to an F1/Codemasters game until they've shown they can code a functioning game that doesn't feel like it's still in beta halfway it's expiration date. It's not just ruining players' experiences but also ruining eSports, it's a joke. I'm really hoping for good news and actual measures taken to drastically improve stability and reliability of the online experience. We're not being demanding or asking for too much. Most of us have paid full price for a game that lasts less than a year and it's already been four months of terror. We deserve a game that works or we wouldn't have bought it all in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It was running well (only 1 problem in 5 races) until yesterday. 3 races - multiple issues, safety car porting, cars going through pit lane were porting on track (in Monaco), again intervals were missing.

Host with superstable internet, very low ping whole time, using Ethernet.

Is there anything you can tell us or are we gonna ignore this and applaud for new skins for myteam?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, JanKondler said:

Is there any possibility that NAT opening, port forwarding or idk what on host side will fix it? @BarryBL, or anybody else who is experiencing this in some leagues. Please

It will help for sure. It will help for ALL players in the league to use the correct NAT type, enable port forwarding and to run on stable internet.

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

It will help for sure. It will help for ALL players in the league to use the correct NAT type, enable port forwarding and to run on stable internet.

Can you please somehow help with this? Like how to do it. I think it will be useful for others as well. Maybe some short video tutorial how to do it correctly for F1 2021. Thank you for your time.

34 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Would love to see an ETA on the problem thats been ruining the game for 4 months instead of giving NAT how-to's..................

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Knoeivelt said:

Would love to see an ETA on the problem thats been ruining the game for 4 months instead of giving NAT how-to's..................

word!

not helpful at all, 4 months with crappy ranked lobbies.... i dont know why i am still waiting, anybody can recommend other games for online competetive? asetto corsa a good one?