Jump to content Jump to content

[ ALL PLATFORMS ] - Desync and General Quality of Life in Multiplayer Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Its completel Terrible! 

Everywhere Are Desyncs so its Completly unplayable for League Racing! Yesterday we Start an Austria and the whole  Lobby Has a Desync! 

We even dont  run 1 Single lap! 

The Racestart  even Look Mode live a crash Derby! 

We need to stop Our League races till the next hotfix!    You say its eSportsready! Thats the wrongest Thing ive Heard the last 10 years!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine the easiest thing to fix for now will be to boot players who don't "advance" through the ranking/results screens at the end. Every decent session is ruined at the end by 1 or 2 people not advancing through the results. As a result a dozen of people racing together drop out one by one. And by drop out I mean exit the game entirely because the game is locked while waiting for others. Honestly stunned how this is an actual problem in 2021. Have the devs played online at all or were they just focused on on the ad-worthy features like braking point and career?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, raesu said:

I imagine the easiest thing to fix for now will be to boot players who don't "advance" through the ranking/results screens at the end. Every decent session is ruined at the end by 1 or 2 people not advancing through the results. As a result a dozen of people racing together drop out one by one. And by drop out I mean exit the game entirely because the game is locked while waiting for others. Honestly stunned how this is an actual problem in 2021. Have the devs played online at all or were they just focused on on the ad-worthy features like braking point and career?

Ive had this problem and its really 2 problems

1...player doesn't know they have to advance

2...the time out clock NEVER shows up and the game session NEVER ends till that person leaves.

Ive been that player and that person simply cause there is no tutorial on how mulitiplayer works

Link to post
Share on other sites
It is so Sad. Irode in the same race as lycron. There was already desync in Qualifying. It wouldn't be as if desync problems only existed since patch 1.10.
But servers are apparently too expensive but to develop a game that nobody buys will probably vost more money. 
Small developers with less finance can do something better 
 

 
Edited by Rhagrol
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

We are currently investigating this as our highest priority. I can confirm this first hand as I was/am part of the tests on this one.

I can't divulge more details at this time I'm afraid, but rest assured we are aware that there are issues here and are testing and working on them.

  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

We are currently investigating this as our highest priority. I can confirm this first hand as I was/am part of the tests on this one.

I can't divulge more details at this time I'm afraid, but rest assured we are aware that there are issues here and are testing and working on them.

What I just don't understand is, how it is possible to make a patch with "multiple improvements" aparrently but then in reality it just destroys the whole multiplayer. Because I mean there are Desync issues in absiolutely every lobby now. On my friends list there are now only 20 people playing instead of well over 40 as before. The mutiplayer quite honestly feels like an open BETA at the moment. Every race there are cars going backwards, flying thru the air. pitting wrong direction, being in different positions for everyone. The state of the game right now is just not acceptable for the price people have been paying. And sure as hell i will never again by an f1 game after launch for full price just to be - and i say it as it is - screwed over by the developers with a game mode thats unplayable. Because this is honestly how it feels. many people, who only play online pay 70€ for the game, excitement high, and then when you actually try it, the whole multiplayer is broken from the start. Then 7 weeks after launch (7 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!) there is finally a "fix" - but that fix breakes the game even further than it already was. 

Edited by Wollcott396
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have now completed league races for PC at Brazil, short Q, formation lap and 50% (4 divisions/races)
As far as I know no major occurrences with desync happened. It is now a participating driver who is hosting instead of a spectator, but I don't know if that is relevant.

Enjoyed the race and nice to have a good experience now.

Edited by matses51
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, matses51 said:

We have now completed league races for PC at Brazil, short Q, formation lap and 50% (4 divisions/races)
As far as I know no major occurrences with desync happened. It is now a participating driver who is hosting instead of a spectator, but I don't know if that is relevant.

Enjoyed the race and nice to have a good experience now.

It’s not relevant, you may have just been lucky.

AOR have a mixture - top leagues are hosted by streamers and comms teams but those further down the ladder who don’t have comms, it is almost always hosted by a player that participates or a Coordinator whom (if for any reason) might not be able to take part.

Generally those with a good internet connection / bandwidth and located within the UK or Western Europe are hosts.

Edited by steviejay69
Tidying
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, fix the:

  1. add a freaking timeout in case the connection with an user is broken (after 3 attempts kick him out and replace user with an AI/BOT something) - I had so many many situations where I had to close the game after waiting for 7 - 10 minutes to see if I'm gonna play or not. P.S.: this morning I was just curios: 20 god damn minutes, 20 minutes and the connection with user was not resolved
  2. repair the ranked scoring game
    • promotions: in only 1 day I was "promoted" from C to D because I was getting all the penalties and I'm really clean and offer enough space to all the drivers
    • penalties: is so broken | 5sec penalty because I was slowing down to enter the pit lane and somebody hit me from behinde, really?
    • sessions: after each session I need to rejoin, why?
  3. multiplayer menu - why on earth after leaving a session we are through in the multiplayer menu and not in the last sellection we made (social play or ranked)? why do I need to select over and over again the same stuff?

Enjoy!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as an example of the online Ranked experience. I'm currently Safety Rating A and Driver level 1 notch silver

It's about midday here on a sunday so a good time to find some races, however this was my last hour:

This is giving about 30 seconds or a minute or so between attempts to join a new session each time, just checking social media and giving it a chance to 'refresh' or whatever. 

Lobby of 3 cars - Race in progress lap 3

Single player lobby

Same Lobby of 3 cars - Race in progress lap 5

Same Lobby of 3 cars - Race results

Single player lobby

Lobby with 1 other player

Single player lobby

Lobby with 1 other player

Single player lobby

Same Lobby of 3 cars - Track select, f it might as well play it - 5 cars played in the end

Race ends I’m moved to a single player lobby

Single player lobby

Single player lobby

Single player lobby

In the end I decided to play the 1 other guy who joined just to put some clean laps in for the Safety Rating, we did 2 races with the second having 4 players before, you guessed it, moved again to a single player lobby. 

Incidentally, my sponsors are showing on the race suit? But no one elses are. This is a glitch maybe? I wish it just showed these all the time it looks a lot smarter. 

FANJCVrVgAEm6GG.thumb.jpg.3b60e5746bf591fa636317e95ffc0b6a.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 8:04 AM, USEHer said:

Please, fix the:

  1. add a freaking timeout in case the connection with an user is broken (after 3 attempts kick him out and replace user with an AI/BOT something) - I had so many many situations where I had to close the game after waiting for 7 - 10 minutes to see if I'm gonna play or not. P.S.: this morning I was just curios: 20 god damn minutes, 20 minutes and the connection with user was not resolved

100% agree! This is also a major issue destroying the fun factor of the multiplayer game. It desperately needs to get fixed, too!
 
We are waiting for hours until the lobby can proceed, only because one participant has  left the lobby or lost connection…

Link to post
Share on other sites

The state of this is absolutely pathetic. We have a league with more than 300 players across 3 platforms and we might have to suspend the season because of the RIDICULOUS inability of Codemasters of producing a game that works or at least is not completely broken.

Completely baffling that the game can get WORSE with more money for the company and years and years of development.

The fact that games that were released YEARS ago still work without any issues and a game that was released this year, patched the other day, and has EA money behind it cannot is a failure that should lead to heads rolling at Codemasters, at the very least. Time, money, and a lot of effort goes into everyone that puts a league together, that broadcasts the game, markets it everywhere, etc., and then our reward for it is a broken system, bugs that are NEVER fixed, and a shrug from Codemasters.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves and offer some form of compensation (monetary or otherwise) for everyone who has had to deal with YOUR shortcomings, failures, and general "do-not-give-a-damn-if-you-keep-buying-the-game" attitude.

Shameful. 

  • Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

To add to what Flip said above,

 

I race in two leagues, of which there are 27 divisions over three systems every weekend. Of that, 20 races were spoiled or abandoned because of huge desync. At what point do Codemasters just REVERT the update that absolutely screwed online play? It was buggy before Portimao update, but since it's been absolutely unplayable. These two leagues have 700 racers, that's £35,000 spent to league race at £50 a game purchase, and it's useless.

If you want to "test", just drop me a DM. I can get you hundreds of willing volunteers heavily invested in the online functionality who can all race at a very good level to show you the problems and be QA rats to fix any issues. At this point, we just need to get it sorted and postponing leagues is killing any momentum this game series was getting as a online community

Edited by TMIllo
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • A detailed description of the issue.

    Desync during a league race.
    - LoorHenz with heavy desync during the race (connection was green during in the lobby creation).
    He said he saw the other cars either disappear or not be there at all.
    - EmaPoli9 and Re_Guiscardo orange to yellow connection (lobby) often red during the race.
    Other players had green connection in the lobby, some of them have had an occasional "spike" drop to red during the race.

     
  • Report Code
    ERDH-PGBB-TEPR-XMHE
     
  • Platform?
    PC
     
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session?
    16 players (same country)
    2 spectators
     
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    No. The host was spectating and streaming the race. His connection was green.
     
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    honestly none.
     
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.

    Desync 1: LoorHenz vs [RNG] Karnak n1
    Desync 2: LoorHenz vs EmaPoli9
    Desync 3: LoorHenz vs worrisc
    Desync 4: LoorHenz vs [RNG] Karnak n2
    Desync 5: LoorHenz vs [RNG] Karnak n3

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FlipJ said:

The state of this is absolutely pathetic. We have a league with more than 300 players across 3 platforms and we might have to suspend the season because of the RIDICULOUS inability of Codemasters of producing a game that works or at least is not completely broken.

Completely baffling that the game can get WORSE with more money for the company and years and years of development.

The fact that games that were released YEARS ago still work without any issues and a game that was released this year, patched the other day, and has EA money behind it cannot is a failure that should lead to heads rolling at Codemasters, at the very least. Time, money, and a lot of effort goes into everyone that puts a league together, that broadcasts the game, markets it everywhere, etc., and then our reward for it is a broken system, bugs that are NEVER fixed, and a shrug from Codemasters.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves and offer some form of compensation (monetary or otherwise) for everyone who has had to deal with YOUR shortcomings, failures, and general "do-not-give-a-damn-if-you-keep-buying-the-game" attitude.

Shameful. 

100% Agree !

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My list of multiplayer issues

#1 Going backwards in the PitLane (https://youtu.be/z0fYLSlXOMw?t=3125 - spectator), (https://clips.twitch.tv/HedonisticAcceptableGoshawkPicoMause-9p_zm2W9pqfCPL_0-driver out in q1, his view in q2, nothing happend on that time on spectator)

#2 Other cars with X (not connected) but they are still racing and they can see you, but you cant. 1 player can see +-15 players normally and rest is with x and driving on the back ghosted, but on the spectator and on their screen they are racing you. I saw this posted before so I guess you have some examples.

#3 Live-timing is randomly off (https://youtu.be/z0fYLSlXOMw?t=4787) intervals are not shown 

  • Platform?
    PC
  • Game-mode?
    In-game leagues or custom lobby (full quali, formation lap, 50% race, safety car reduced, ghosting off) We've also played race with custom grid only but bug with X(discconected drivers) was still there
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
    One Race with 18(+2 spectators), Second Race 20(+2 spectators)
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    One was in in-game leagues, se there was no host I think, In second race I was host and in other it was different person
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
    We've all similar issues so I think there is no issue with my PC, but I can provide that later
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    In-game league, no alt-tabing(whole lobby), internet ping tested
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
    Posted above
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    1. Create custom lobby or in-game league
    2. Invite 19 people
    3. Play normally, nothing special
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JanKondler said:

My list of multiplayer issues

#1 Going backwards in the PitLane (https://youtu.be/z0fYLSlXOMw?t=3125 - spectator), (https://clips.twitch.tv/HedonisticAcceptableGoshawkPicoMause-9p_zm2W9pqfCPL_0-driver out in q1, his view in q2, nothing happend on that time on spectator)

#2 Other cars with X (not connected) but they are still racing and they can see you, but you cant. 1 player can see +-15 players normally and rest is with x and driving on the back ghosted, but on the spectator and on their screen they are racing you. I saw this posted before so I guess you have some examples.

#3 Live-timing is randomly off (https://youtu.be/z0fYLSlXOMw?t=4787) intervals are not shown 

  • Platform?
    PC
  • Game-mode?
    In-game leagues or custom lobby (full quali, formation lap, 50% race, safety car reduced, ghosting off) We've also played race with custom grid only but bug with X(discconected drivers) was still there
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
    One Race with 18(+2 spectators), Second Race 20(+2 spectators)
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    One was in in-game leagues, se there was no host I think, In second race I was host and in other it was different person
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
    We've all similar issues so I think there is no issue with my PC, but I can provide that later
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    In-game league, no alt-tabing(whole lobby), internet ping tested
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
    Posted above
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    1. Create custom lobby or in-game league
    2. Invite 19 people
    3. Play normally, nothing special

Adding 2 clips from same incident (2 POVs) issue #2 https://clips.twitch.tv/MildAliveSalsifyPeanutButterJellyTime-OowMDbd3QonQC7yi
https://clips.twitch.tv/SaltyShortJalapenoHotPokket-81cxh9rsc0XnZQCE
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My unofficial national league got suspended on PC and delayed on PS4 and Xbox because there are just too many races being broken by things like not being able to connect to a lobby, de-sync, SC not working, teleporting around the pits, falling through the ground around the edges of the track, not being able to serve DT penalties and getting DSQ for that and many other reasons.

Edited by Aparow
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...