Jump to content Jump to content

[ ALL PLATFORMS ] - Desync and General Quality of Life in Multiplayer Discussion Thread

• A detailed description of the issue.

Desync during a league race.
    - LoorHenz with heavy desync during the race (connection was green during in the lobby creation).
    He said he saw the other cars either disappear or not be there at all.
    - EmaPoli9 and Re_Guiscardo orange to yellow connection (lobby) often red during the race.
    Other players had green connection in the lobby, some of them have had an occasional "spike" drop to red during the race.

• Report Code
    ERDH-PGBB-TEPR-XMHE

• Platform?
    PC

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session?
    16 players (same country)
    2 spectators

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    No. The host was spectating and streaming the race. His connection was green.

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    honestly none.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.

Desync 1: LoorHenz vs [RNG] Karnak n1
    Desync 2: LoorHenz vs EmaPoli9
    Desync 3: LoorHenz vs worrisc
    Desync 4: LoorHenz vs [RNG] Karnak n2
    Desync 5: LoorHenz vs [RNG] Karnak n3

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3
16 hours ago, FlipJ said:

The state of this is absolutely pathetic. We have a league with more than 300 players across 3 platforms and we might have to suspend the season because of the RIDICULOUS inability of Codemasters of producing a game that works or at least is not completely broken.

Completely baffling that the game can get WORSE with more money for the company and years and years of development.

The fact that games that were released YEARS ago still work without any issues and a game that was released this year, patched the other day, and has EA money behind it cannot is a failure that should lead to heads rolling at Codemasters, at the very least. Time, money, and a lot of effort goes into everyone that puts a league together, that broadcasts the game, markets it everywhere, etc., and then our reward for it is a broken system, bugs that are NEVER fixed, and a shrug from Codemasters.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves and offer some form of compensation (monetary or otherwise) for everyone who has had to deal with YOUR shortcomings, failures, and general "do-not-give-a-damn-if-you-keep-buying-the-game" attitude.

Shameful. 

100% Agree !

• Agree 1

My list of multiplayer issues

#1 Going backwards in the PitLane (https://youtu.be/z0fYLSlXOMw?t=3125 - spectator), (https://clips.twitch.tv/HedonisticAcceptableGoshawkPicoMause-9p_zm2W9pqfCPL_0-driver out in q1, his view in q2, nothing happend on that time on spectator)

#2 Other cars with X (not connected) but they are still racing and they can see you, but you cant. 1 player can see +-15 players normally and rest is with x and driving on the back ghosted, but on the spectator and on their screen they are racing you. I saw this posted before so I guess you have some examples.

#3 Live-timing is randomly off (https://youtu.be/z0fYLSlXOMw?t=4787) intervals are not shown 

• Platform?
    PC
  • Game-mode?
    In-game leagues or custom lobby (full quali, formation lap, 50% race, safety car reduced, ghosting off) We've also played race with custom grid only but bug with X(discconected drivers) was still there
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
    One Race with 18(+2 spectators), Second Race 20(+2 spectators)
    One was in in-game leagues, se there was no host I think, In second race I was host and in other it was different person
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
    We've all similar issues so I think there is no issue with my PC, but I can provide that later
    In-game league, no alt-tabing(whole lobby), internet ping tested
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
    Posted above
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    1. Create custom lobby or in-game league
    2. Invite 19 people
    3. Play normally, nothing special
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
19 minutes ago, JanKondler said:

My list of multiplayer issues

#1 Going backwards in the PitLane (https://youtu.be/z0fYLSlXOMw?t=3125 - spectator), (https://clips.twitch.tv/HedonisticAcceptableGoshawkPicoMause-9p_zm2W9pqfCPL_0-driver out in q1, his view in q2, nothing happend on that time on spectator)

#2 Other cars with X (not connected) but they are still racing and they can see you, but you cant. 1 player can see +-15 players normally and rest is with x and driving on the back ghosted, but on the spectator and on their screen they are racing you. I saw this posted before so I guess you have some examples.

#3 Live-timing is randomly off (https://youtu.be/z0fYLSlXOMw?t=4787) intervals are not shown 

• Platform?
    PC
  • Game-mode?
    In-game leagues or custom lobby (full quali, formation lap, 50% race, safety car reduced, ghosting off) We've also played race with custom grid only but bug with X(discconected drivers) was still there
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
    One Race with 18(+2 spectators), Second Race 20(+2 spectators)
    One was in in-game leagues, se there was no host I think, In second race I was host and in other it was different person
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
    We've all similar issues so I think there is no issue with my PC, but I can provide that later
    In-game league, no alt-tabing(whole lobby), internet ping tested
    Posted above
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    1. Create custom lobby or in-game league
    2. Invite 19 people
    3. Play normally, nothing special

Adding 2 clips from same incident (2 POVs) issue #2 https://clips.twitch.tv/MildAliveSalsifyPeanutButterJellyTime-OowMDbd3QonQC7yi
https://clips.twitch.tv/SaltyShortJalapenoHotPokket-81cxh9rsc0XnZQCE

• Like 1

My unofficial national league got suspended on PC and delayed on PS4 and Xbox because there are just too many races being broken by things like not being able to connect to a lobby, de-sync, SC not working, teleporting around the pits, falling through the ground around the edges of the track, not being able to serve DT penalties and getting DSQ for that and many other reasons.

Edited by Aparow
  • Agree 1

https://youtu.be/Gw1xJaOXYbE

time stamp: 27:25

Report code: DDXE-EBEM-GKEK-PEGK

Platform: PS4

Game mode: the unplayable multiplayer. 50% race. 

I was not the host

Other issues: massive desync for half the grid. The car in my case was 100m ahead on his screen. Other issues in the session: for some cars the lights go out quicker. Randomly showing cars are DSQ and you need to overtake them under SC but just on your own screen. Random 5 sec penalties for "collison" but no collison was made. The game is a desaster.

Its a joke this game and I can't believe its still not fixed. League racing has stopped now completely. 

Just release a car update for 2020 and everybody would continue there. 

• Agree 1

Hello.
Since last patch there are a lot of problems with online sesions. Leagues are canceling their splits cause they cant make an race without problems. Players get disconected from sesions. There is also problem with synchronization. Players cant see each other. Do something about this cause since game was relesed there were problems but after last patch, we cant play online this game. 

• Agree 1

PC League race, Monday night 27/9/21, 7pm AEST.   We had 2 safety cars on the track at the same time, half a lap apart, both enforcing the no-passing rules etc.   Also had a driver's car lapping half a lap behind his actual position, visible to half the grid.

Was the Server maintenance on Monday to address this at all?

• Agree 1

PC Multiplayer lobbies are absolutely unplayable. The game desynchronizes on basically every occasion with people seeing each other in different parts of the track to where they actually are. 

There are cars mounting each other, there are finish lines showing in wrong places due to how desynchronized the cars are...

Have you guys even played this title? I mean, come on - this is a 50 quid title for heaven's sake. @BarryBL and the rest of you, stop asking people to describe the issue more accurately, take your stinky game pad, jump into a social lobby then see some NSFW content of F1 cars taking each other from the back every god damn race.

You guys copy every single thing from the game you released a year before, literally everything. Why the only thing that you haven't broken massively yet was not copied this year?

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, n0thappy said:

PC Multiplayer lobbies are absolutely unplayable. The game desynchronizes on basically every occasion with people seeing each other in different parts of the track to where they actually are. 

There are cars mounting each other, there are finish lines showing in wrong places due to how desynchronized the cars are...

Have you guys even played this title? I mean, come on - this is a 50 quid title for heaven's sake. @BarryBL and the rest of you, stop asking people to describe the issue more accurately, take your stinky game pad, jump into a social lobby then see some NSFW content of F1 cars taking each other from the back every god damn race.

You guys copy every single thing from the game you released a year before, literally everything. Why the only thing that you haven't broken massively yet was not copied this year?

Understand your frustration, but I compete in a league with forum members every week. Also, in the recommend post, it states that we've been running numerous tests. I'll put this down to frustration and a new member.

As a update, we are continuing to work on the issues here. These are the team's highest priority and we are running further tests today (that I'm personally taking part in).

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 7
16 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Understand your frustration, but I compete in a league with forum members every week. Also, in the recommend post, it states that we've been running numerous tests. I'll put this down to frustration and a new member.

As a update, we are continuing to work on the issues here. These are the team's highest priority and we are running further tests today (that I'm personally taking part in).

Firstly, to disregard @n0thappy's comments as "a new member" is simply uncalled for. You can put it down to whatever you like. That doesn't mean it's the general consensus. Old or new entrant to this forum, entitles him to voice his opinion as much as anybody else. The current state of the game warrants more feedback like @n0thappy's in my opinion. They have paid the RRP for this game as much as anybody else on, or indeed off, this forum. They are simply voicing their concern in clearly the only place Codemasters are likely to take "action" (a term in which I use loosely).

To further amplify their point, the working examples you require are now nonsensical. It's evident from any server you join, there are a multitude of issues. Jump on a public server, you'll see the issues. No need for us to supply an endless stream of screenshots and incidents playing out in real-life. This game has been nothing short of a calamity since release and it's high time that Codemasters got a fistful of negative publicity as a result. Look at the amount of issues tagged with "With developers 2021". It's an absolute farce. From the game still running when you shut down Steam, to this desync issue. You've plugged DLC to mask the current state of the game. You deserve nothing more than Cyberpunk 2077 level of feedback from the community. This game should be stripped from the shelves in it's current state.

Maybe that would force your hand at the "testing" you're carrying out.

• Agree 8
1 minute ago, BigWilieJohnson said:

Firstly, to disregard @n0thappy's comments as "a new member" is simply uncalled for. You can put it down to whatever you like. That doesn't mean it's the general consensus. Old or new entrant to this forum, entitles him to voice his opinion as much as anybody else. The current state of the game warrants more feedback like @n0thappy's in my opinion. They have paid the RRP for this game as much as anybody else on, or indeed off, this forum. They are simply voicing their concern in clearly the only place Codemasters are likely to take "action" (a term in which I use loosely).

To further amplify their point, the working examples you require are now nonsensical. It's evident from any server you join, there are a multitude of issues. Jump on a public server, you'll see the issues. No need for us to supply an endless stream of screenshots and incidents playing out in real-life. This game has been nothing short of a calamity since release and it's high time that Codemasters got a fistful of negative publicity as a result. Look at the amount of issues tagged with "With developers 2021". It's an absolute farce. From the game still running when you shut down Steam, to this desync issue. You've plugged DLC to mask the current state of the game. You deserve nothing more than Cyberpunk 2077 level of feedback from the community. This game should be stripped from the shelves in it's current state.

Maybe that would force your hand at the "testing" you're carrying out.

Agree with this a lot. At the end of the day, i've seen so many bugs commentating on leagues now that it's just second nature to see them. Which should not be the case at all. The fact of the matter is this game is not playable in a reasonable state for Multiplayer right now. Just because Single Player is the main focus and the modes work beautifully, and Multiplayer is a burning hellscape, doesn't mean that the voices or opinions of the people who purchased the game SOLELY for use in Multiplayer should be disregarded. At the end of the day we still paid RRP for this game. We purchased the game for the Multiplayer that has always been decent, and now it isn't. I effectively paid £50 for a game I now can't play because I only purchased for Multiplayer, which might I add is a perfectly valid reason for buying a game.

• Agree 9
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I'll put this down to frustration and a new member.

The audacity to invalidate a person's opinion and experience solely because they are new to the forum. The fact that someone is so frustrated with the state of the game they paid good money for that they come here, make a new account and vent said frustration in desperation that hopefully, someone will read it and do something about it is reason enough to take their message very seriously.

The fact that one person's valuable experience gets shut down and invalidated this quickly shows that there's actually no sense of urgency whatsoever when it comes to fixing the online multiplayer experience of this game. You can also not invalidate someone's experience or frustration by saying a) "but I also play once a week", because this does not mean that the issues do not exist, and b) "if you read the recommended post you would know we run tests" because they do not take away the issues (tens of) thousands of people face on a daily basis as it is. Testing doesn't mean anything if there are no (hot)fixes to show for it, and so far all we have gotten is weeks/months of 'testing' and a patch that broke the game more than it fixed it.

I understand that it's not easy to moderate the forums when there is so much frustration and negativity to read every single day, but that should also mean being very careful about how they are approached. Be humble and grateful for all the people, newbie or veteran, that are so passionate about the game that they desperately come here to reach out for help to have it fixed, and don't invalidate them for being new or frustrated. It is absolutely uncalled for and only reveals a sense of superiority towards the 'normal' people that play this game and does not contribute to being taken seriously in your efforts to listen to them.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Understand your frustration, but I compete in a league with forum members every week. Also, in the recommend post, it states that we've been running numerous tests. I'll put this down to frustration and a new member.

Dear @BarryBL

I may be a new forum member as well, still I played your F1 game before and this year for thousands of hours in multiplayer. There have been the same issues before, but not in every lobby as it seems today. It was not great but acceptable in F1 2020. 

What @n0thappy describes is the current state of your game. How can you be that arrogant to put his words under "oh a new frustrated user, he doesn't know.."? 

Yes, it's frustrating. Yes, there are desyncs in almost every lobby. Yes, a lot of competitive leagues had to stop. Yes, the multiplayer part of your game is broken for weeks. 

Do you guys actually care about the fact that you sell a full price game, that is broken?

Since 2 weeks we hear "we are testing...", it doesn't show a lot of confidence to be honest that this issue will be resolved anytime soon... 

• Agree 5
  • Administrator

"I'll put this down to frustration and a new member."

I believe this has been taken out of context here. This was in regards to the comment "Have you guys even played this title? ", when it is known via the forums I/we do (I'm currently sitting at 500+ hours of testing time myself, and its a secondary part of my role). Was meant no offence and of course their opinion is valued and taken onboard. Just wanted to clear that up. In terms of the other comments on @n0thappy's post, fair enough to post that. 

To add a extra update here, we are testing some speculative fixes this afternoon, well actually, right now 😛 that cover issues on the Multiplayer experience, including desync. Only reason I can type this instead of being on-track is we are testing on a entirely full lobby, and I'm spectating from a feed. 

In terms of ETA, nothing concete right now but this is absolutely priority 1 for the team. 

• Thanks 3
39 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

To add a extra update here, we are testing some speculative fixes this afternoon, well actually, right now 😛 that cover issues on the Multiplayer experience, including desync. Only reason I can type this instead of being on-track is we are testing on a entirely full lobby, and I'm spectating from a feed. 

In terms of ETA, nothing concete right now but this is absolutely priority 1 for the team. 

Thanks for some more detailed information, we all really hope a fix can be released next week to somehow finish our league season without having to cut out any further tracks/race weekends.

The worst thing for online leagues besides the bugs and desyncs is not knowing how to plan and finish the rest of the season since there are no ETAs.

I hope the tests are successful today and we can get an ETA on the update as early as possible.

• Agree 1
8 minutes ago, MisterJohnny420 said:

Thanks for some more detailed information, we all really hope a fix can be released next week to somehow finish our league season without having to cut out any further tracks/race weekends.

The worst thing for online leagues besides the bugs and desyncs is not knowing how to plan and finish the rest of the season since there are no ETAs.

I hope the tests are successful today and we can get an ETA on the update as early as possible.

100% agree. In the league I'm managing there's literally war right now and in a few others I'm in as well. Does the race stand? Half points be awarded? Why do I win and suddenly I lose my points? When do we continue? All things you need to deal with as the organiser 

1 minute ago, Wollcott396 said:

100% agree. In the league I'm managing there's literally war right now and in a few others I'm in as well. Does the race stand? Half points be awarded? Why do I win and suddenly I lose my points? When do we continue? All things you need to deal with as the organiser 

Same for us.

We fully stopped the season until we have an update and we will still have to test things first since new bugs after patches were far too common in the past.

And as sad as it is: We will be doing some events in F1 2020 to have some racing until then. It's really a shame

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

"I'll put this down to frustration and a new member."

I believe this has been taken out of context here. This was in regards to the comment "Have you guys even played this title? ", when it is known via the forums I/we do (I'm currently sitting at 500+ hours of testing time myself, and its a secondary part of my role). Was meant no offence and of course their opinion is valued and taken onboard. Just wanted to clear that up. In terms of the other comments on @n0thappy's post, fair enough to post that. 

It's nice to see you are testing some fixes, but it would be better if you are more transparent and make these tests public. I don't think 1 testing lobby, with what I expect is same people, is enough. We can get 10 lobbies easily maybe more than 100. I would love to hear why is it not possible, if it's not. Thank you

Edited by JanKondler
  • Agree 1
  • Administrator
Just now, JanKondler said:

It's nice to see you are testing some fixes, but it would be better if you are more transparent and make these tests public. I don't think 1 testing lobby, with what I expect is same people, is enough. We can get 10 lobbies easily maybe more than 100. I would love to hear why is it not possible if not. Thank you

We test on advance builds of the game, and have to have access to more intimate working details in the core functionality of the game. For this, a internal test with Codemasters and EA staff is mandatory, as they have known systems, knowledge behind the scenes and all have signed NDA agreements. 

Understand the validity of a wider testing in theory, but there a lots of technical and legal reasons why this wouldn't be viable.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
15 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

We test on advance builds of the game, and have to have access to more intimate working details in the core functionality of the game. For this, a internal test with Codemasters and EA staff is mandatory, as they have known systems, knowledge behind the scenes and all have signed NDA agreements. 

Understand the validity of a wider testing in theory, but there a lots of technical and legal reasons why this wouldn't be viable.

Last question/advice and I'll let you do testing 😀. People are upset and they don't know about your testing or even if you are aware. On forums there is maybe 100 people who knows about this. Why isn't there Twitter (or anything else) something like CodemastersSupport where today will be: "We are currently testing some fixes for multiplayer desyncs, car's going backwards in pits... We will give you more info about progress tomorrow." Since you can see if you are doing something on steamdb.

And there could be also idk we are testing fix for problem with livery in shop or other issues. I'm writing this to let you know we understand it's not only about multiplayer.

Edited by JanKondler
  • Agree 2

My league race today could have gone better.

• A detailed description of the issue.
    My nickname: NewbieTubey
    Desync during a league race on Austria. Short Q, 50% race with SC

• Report Code
    CGVB-HTAC-AHCP-TVVG

• Platform?
    PC

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session?
    15 players (same country)
    2 spectators

No. MKR_Norjan was the host. His connection was green.

honestly none. I am on a cable connection with 500/500 fiber. Some races are fine others are not

Desync 1: I am apparently ramming another player of the track:
    Desync 2: Shows the difference between my game and the spectator stream. Delta was sporadic

Could not be bothered to put any more effort into the editing of desync 2, so it is awful and don't give a damn. Goodnight
Edited by matses51
  • Agree 2
17 hours ago, BarryBL said:

So there IS actual testing going on? you can confirm this? It's happening but just done very poorly? 
Or is the reason you're telling us this that this is actually the first time there is internal testing happening? 

And isn't this about the time you apologize again for the big delays? Been more than a week again.
Some leagues have been suspended for more than a week because the game is broken. 
There's loads of bug reports. report codes. Let's just say that we did your job. even though it's not our job. 

Very happy something is actually happening. But these testing sessions with a full lobby should have been going on from the first playable build up until it works. and not only because the issues get so big the game gets "litteraly unplayable" 

And while you're spectating can you please also confirm, and make a report on that horrible low-rev-engine noise? My bug reports on it tend to get ignored. 

Report from yesterdays race:

A detailed description of the issue.
Desync and weirdness. One sided AND 2 sided desync. (sometimes both cars cant see eachother. Sometimes 1 can)

Report Code
XTMK-SSHB-AJTG-VJVG <-- most desynced guy on track
TXSP-RXGS-PJKJ-GRMG
TVHB-GMTH-BCGM-MMMG

Platform?
PC

[ONLINE] The amount of players in your session?
18+2 coms

[ONLINE] Were you the host?
No

What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
Been playing a lot of acc lately. And very hyped there's an f1 car coming to iracing too!

Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AgileGracefulStapleTBCheesePull-L2QE98Mn9WWip2Gu <--Car can't see 3(!!) other drivers. they can all see him and get pushed out of the way
https://clips.twitch.tv/CovertArborealScallionJebaited-TH1NgFmWJ21_064x <--- Both cars cant see eachother

Thing to note: They tried the race without formation lap this time because it was thought it was what caused more issues (And it might still increase the chance..) But even without there were a lot of issues. 

• Agree 1