Jump to content Jump to content

[ ALL PLATFORMS ] - Desync and General Quality of Life in Multiplayer Discussion Thread

14 minutes ago, BigWilieJohnson said:

But this is fine to promote?

F1Esports.PNG.064416908598ab54705507b5fb0c852d.PNG

This what I keep talking about. Shoving these issues under the carpet and anything that is done publicly is pure advertising and not a single post or even an entire account that is dedicated to the massive issues this game is having. 

I really don't know how long this is gonna take but personally I haven't played this game in well over a week and sure as hell there will be a point when I'm just committing to a different racing game. 

I can't stretch this enough: the multiplayer had cyberpunk dimensions and not a single public address has been done. Pathetic. 

• Agree 8
26 minutes ago, BigWilieJohnson said:

But this is fine to promote?

F1Esports.PNG.064416908598ab54705507b5fb0c852d.PNG

Hi, 

Not tested an E-sport qualification myself, but have watched Jarno do it. Isn't this just a scenario where a player set a time an submit it and technically not relevant to Multiplayer?
I want them to fix the issue as well, but is not like they are bragging about a massively great multiplayer experience or promoting sales here?
Hopefully the issues we are having are fixed before this years e-sports starts and if it is not fixed by next year I don't care, because I won't be playing it anymore.

Can we keep the thread relevant to desync issues on MP?

Just now, matses51 said:

Hi, 

Not tested an E-sport qualification myself, but have watched Jarno do it. Isn't this just a scenario where a player set a time an submit it and technically not relevant to Multiplayer?
I want them to fix the issue as well, but is not like they are bragging about a massively great multiplayer experience or promoting sales here?
Hopefully the issues we are having are fixed before this years e-sports starts and if it is not fixed by next year I don't care, because I won't be playing it anymore.

Can we keep the thread relevant to desync issues on MP?

It's not a multiplayer event, no. But it would eventually lead to one.

Essentially the message here, is "We have great confidence in our esports version of the game, which we know is on a different build to the retail copy, so we can plug this stuff willingly, whilst the other 99% of users will most likely see some form of hotfix at some point in the next six months, that was muddled together in a hurry, with a vast array of bugs still looming".

Relevant post IMO. 

• Agree 1
9 minutes ago, BigWilieJohnson said:

It's not a multiplayer event, no. But it would eventually lead to one.

Essentially the message here, is "We have great confidence in our esports version of the game, which we know is on a different build to the retail copy, so we can plug this stuff willingly, whilst the other 99% of users will most likely see some form of hotfix at some point in the next six months, that was muddled together in a hurry, with a vast array of bugs still looming".

Relevant post IMO. 

CM isn't exactly on the top of my Christmas card list atm and EA....lets not go there.
But this was posted 2 months ago and do we know that the e-sport version does not have these issues?
I don't mind anybody venting frustration, but can it be done in relation to the desync/MP issue which is the topic and show CM the issues we experience. 

20 hours ago, stupot2021 said:

hi,so i'm hoping that you guys are testing fixes for the online ranked problems? (i haven't read the full thread so apologies if this has already been raised as an issue) the main problem i have is,after finishing a race the game will just move me (and most of the players in the server) into various other servers,its been like this since i got the game on launch day and its extremely frustrating, its now getting to a point where the ranked lobbies are mostly less than half full,i'm guessing folk have just given up playing them until they're fixed? any update on a fix for this @BarryBL ?

@BarryBL  wherefor art thou @BarryBL any chance of a response to my question? 

• Agree 2

Sorry, but this is absolutely unacceptable. I bought a game, which is not finished. I bought it, to have fun with this and now I feel like a Beta-Tester. I‘m really angry about this.

Our whole league races are cancelled, because of this unbelievable lobby bugs. THIS GAME IN LOBBIES IS UNPLAYABLE! I don‘t know any longer, if I should be happy about a new patch, or if this brings the next bug festival.

The game is out since more than three months and from a final version we are really far away. What a disgrace! I don’t wanna pay for Beta Versions!!!

Edited by WegMat
  • Agree 7

Maybe the time will come where the problem and the shoving under the carpet of it will be adressed publicly, like on a big gaming website or portal 🤔

I really feel robbed. Paid for a game that I can't use the way I want to and the way it is supposed to be used. Yet no one, except @BarryBL with his little statements (thanks for them!), is talking to the community since weeks. 

Edited by Baker90
just grammatical and stilistic corrections
  • Agree 2

We are now 11 days from F1Esports, multiplayer is full of bugs, there's is no public handling update, esport quali event is not working (only FL counts), CM are not working at the weekends (steamdb)...

Who is ready for esport disaster? And tbf after all I want something to happen there, because esport is only part of multiplayer Codemasters care about.

20211002_101136.jpg

Anyone who has bought F1 2021 should get 22 free of charge as we have paid for a broken product that does not function as it should. With barely any response or acknowledgment from code"masters".

The development team should be ashamed of themselves for putting this game out, it is an embarrassment. If I performed so poorly in my line of work I would be sacked.

Just now, matses51 said:

Out of curiosity, has anybody attempt to use the LAN option remotely?

I mean open up the network and let players join the same network as the host, does that make any difference?

I tried. Desync is also there.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, LameElite said:

I tried. Desync is also there.

Ok, thx.
I should have read the post above as well, were they state that they have tried.

Edited by matses51

You might think that putting 4hrs long story mode into the game will resolve everything and will make the game more interesting. If you took some care about this game, you would know that nobody really plays singleplayer and vast majority of people races in leagues. We obviously can't do that because nothing is working. How do you want to keep us buying the game when we cannot play it? Maybe you should consider some refunds, because this is getting worse than No Mans Sky (even they coped with their problems and fixed the game..)

image.png.62efb9565217a5a759ecf3b4cadde9db.png
This screenshot just sums it up. All the negative reviews are including their horrible multiplayer experience. It's not a coincidence. Critic reviews are based on singleplayer only, and these reviews are pretty accurate - single works well, not my cup of tea, but is pretty versatile. And then multiplayer appears, with the worst network model I've ever seen.

• Agree 4
35 minutes ago, LameElite said:

You might think that putting 4hrs long story mode into the game will resolve everything and will make the game more interesting. If you took some care about this game, you would know that nobody really plays singleplayer and vast majority of people races in leagues. We obviously can't do that because nothing is working. How do you want to keep us buying the game when we cannot play it? Maybe you should consider some refunds, because this is getting worse than No Mans Sky (even they coped with their problems and fixed the game..)

Yeah, the story mode that was outsourced to the other studio, as it would take more than two years for Codemasters (like it takes them six months to release "brand new" season of F2).

Btw, look what Konami has done with their FREE game. Why can't you guys fix bugs that are in the series since F1 2014?

Edited by Ch3eSy
  • Like 4

Hey!
I thought that will be more than enough to add some words from my side as well.
As you noticed, we all are frustrated at almost same level - we, as gamers, people who creates and handles all organisation for F1 leagues in F1 2021 and viewers on streams that just want to enjoy the content.

We, and you as well are aware that game for now for such leagues are unplayable - multiple bugs, desync problems etc.
For now we just want one thing - stop saying, that all is good and everything works perfect, and start to do something about that.
Take an example from Konami, or even further back - Hello Games, creators of No Mans Sky. They released games with HUGE problems, but they had the curage to admit they ***** up and promised to fix that. Why you, as Codemasters can't just admit and post official statement that "Yeah, we know, we are aware, we are trying to fix" instead of "yeye, we testing, game go brr but it works for us".

Just an example. How leagues can be handled, when something like this happens in almost every lobby...?

Driver behind Alfa Romeo didn't even know that he's there.
Mercedes Driver, All3n saw that Alfa on lap 2 in castle section... But.
https://streamable.com/bl41jl

Edited by Veasper
  • Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Agree 5
10 minutes ago, WegMat said:

And, as so often, … SILENCE … on the part of codemasters. Really sad.

It's understandable for now, it's late anyway 😅 let's see if there will be an answer anytime.