Jump to content Jump to content

[ ALL PLATFORMS ] - Desync and General Quality of Life in Multiplayer Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

80% of the World's Gamers play multiplayer and only 20% play singles so they should address what most people play and not what is least intrusive.

is that an actual statistic? I really want it not to be true, because if that's the case then shame on codies even more.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, n0thappy said:

is that an actual statistic? I really want it not to be true, because if that's the case then shame on codies even more.

yes these are real statistics. Just go on FB Codemasters , twitter type F1 2021 online and see what people else think about it.

  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive made a new topic in here only addressing the issue of codemasters form of communication. Since I believe 80% of stuff written in here wont  be seen i made this  a  new topic. 

if anyone agrees with this, make the thread go more public. maybe they start to realise what theyre doing then...

Edited by Wollcott396
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wollcott396 said:

If made a new topic in here only addressing the issue of codemasters form of communication. Since I believe 80% of stuff written in here wont  be seen i made this  a  new topic. 

if anyone agrees with this, make the thread go more public. maybe they start to realise what theyre doing then...

Good initiative! This needs to be promoted

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don‘t you communicate with your community? We‘re all customers, who payed for your product and by the way your monthly salary. It doesn't make it any better if you're silent. On the contrary - we feel ignored!!! You makes us frustrated and angry.

If you would communicate a way for the solution, than we would know, that something will happen. But in this case - nothing. And nothing means for me, that you don‘t care!!! This is an absolutely No-Go! Show us a roadmap to the solution! With that i could live.

Your Tag „with developers“ helps us absolutely nothing! Or should this calm us?

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pawel567 said:

80% of the World's Gamers play multiplayer and only 20% play singles so they should address what most people play and not what is least intrusive.

I don't think this is true, like at all.
In fact, I think that there are probably more people playing Singleplayer Content only than online players.

By looking at some actual real data here, you can see that the overall sales of the games outweighs the Forum populations (Codies' Forum and all the others like AOR probably combined).
To be fair, not everyone playing Multiplayer is part of an Forum-Community or so, but still.

Codemasters - Company Stats - SteamSpy - All the data and stats about Steam games
F1 2021 - Steam Charts
- Not a single review of a F1 Game in the past >3 years has reviewed the multiplayer. Only very few even mention the existence of an online component, which to me just sounds like it's not a big priority to many people. Yet every iteration in the last couple years gets stellar review scores. Wonder why.
- Not a single major gaming-news outlet is reporting on the fact that F1 2021 is near broken to many of us now. They don't care.

= Codemasters' focus was never on the online component, and the numbers support it: We are the minority here.

 

And let's not forget the most important thing: The angry minority is always the loudest on the internet.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LSKone said:

I don't think this is true, like at all.
In fact, I think that there are probably more people playing Singleplayer Content only than online players.

By looking at some actual real data here, you can see that the overall sales of the games outweighs the Forum populations (Codies' Forum and all the others like AOR probably combined).
To be fair, not everyone playing Multiplayer is part of an Forum-Community or so, but still.

Codemasters - Company Stats - SteamSpy - All the data and stats about Steam games
F1 2021 - Steam Charts
- Not a single review of a F1 Game in the past >3 years has reviewed the multiplayer. Only very few even mention the existence of an online component, which to me just sounds like it's not a big priority to many people. Yet every iteration in the last couple years gets stellar review scores. Wonder why.
- Not a single major gaming-news outlet is reporting on the fact that F1 2021 is near broken to many of us now. They don't care.

= Codemasters' focus was never on the online component, and the numbers support it: We are the minority here.

 

And let's not forget the most important thing: The angry minority is always the loudest on the internet.

Either way mate, the cost of the game is equal for both modes therefore we pay for a full game, so we should receive a full game.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay, but I do have a more substantial update here on the quality of life on Multiplayer, especially since 1.10.

  1. The first part of this update is that we have a fix for the key desync issue seen in the PSGL footage (and other leagues) where the session host becomes laggy and positional information for all players gradually deteriorates. This can impair the host of large sessions in certain circumstances (i.e. it is not every session all of the time). A fix for this has been approved by our QA team and is scheduled for release in our next patch, v1.12.
  2. In the interests of transparency, our next objective for the team is the red X issue that seems to affect some sessions on Steam where one of the players fails to communicate their position to one or more other players in the session. This one is still in testing phase (as the desync was our priority) and working towards a solution on this one. I'll be setting up a thread specifically for this issue as we may need further feedback, and also want to see your experiences of this issue.

I understand and empathise the frustration that the Multiplayer Community has had over the past few weeks, the challenges you have faced and we thank you for your patience. If you run into a issue, I've been asked by the developers to be specific about the issues that you are facing. This allows us to track down the problems more effectively. I will go through the Master Thread today and separate by issue as this is helpful for developers, alongside report codes and videos too. 

Thanks for the update. What's the ETA for the patch? 

If the clear ETA is impossible to provide - is it going to be today?

Edited by n0thappy
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, n0thappy said:

Thanks for the update. What's the ETA for the patch? 

If the clear ETA is impossible to provide - is it going to be today?

ETA unconfirmed at this time, and won't be today. Realistically, and in the interest of transparency, I don't predict the patch to be available until Early-Mid next week as there are still things that are being added/reviewed/fixed for the patch. 

Just want to make clear on this one, that this is a estimate, and no exact date and time has been confirmed. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

ETA unconfirmed at this time, and won't be today. Realistically, and in the interest of transparency, I don't predict the patch to be available until Early-Mid next week as there are still things that are being added/reviewed/fixed for the patch. 

Just want to make clear on this one, that this is a estimate, and no exact date and time has been confirmed. 

Wow another one and a half week of bugged multiplayer, but at least some info

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay, but I do have a more substantial update here on the quality of life on Multiplayer, especially since 1.10.

  1. The first part of this update is that we have a fix for the key desync issue seen in the PSGL footage (and other leagues) where the session host becomes laggy and positional information for all players gradually deteriorates. This can impair the host of large sessions in certain circumstances (i.e. it is not every session all of the time). A fix for this has been approved by our QA team and is scheduled for release in our next patch, v1.12.
  2. In the interests of transparency, our next objective for the team is the red X issue that seems to affect some sessions on Steam where one of the players fails to communicate their position to one or more other players in the session. This one is still in testing phase (as the desync was our priority) and working towards a solution on this one. I'll be setting up a thread specifically for this issue as we may need further feedback, and also want to see your experiences of this issue.

I understand and empathise the frustration that the Multiplayer Community has had over the past few weeks, the challenges you have faced and we thank you for your patience. If you run into a issue, I've been asked by the developers to be specific about the issues that you are facing. This allows us to track down the problems more effectively. I will go through the Master Thread today and separate by issue as this is helpful for developers, alongside report codes and videos too. 

Hi,
So to be clear you only want us to submit bug reports where the red cross is visible over our own or an opponents car?

I.e you are not interested in these types of clips/issues since it will most likely be fixed on the 1.12 patch and no red cross is visible?
PC-League 1
PC-Same race as "League 1"
PC-Random League

Edited by matses51
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

ETA unconfirmed at this time, and won't be today. Realistically, and in the interest of transparency, I don't predict the patch to be available until Early-Mid next week as there are still things that are being added/reviewed/fixed for the patch. 

Just want to make clear on this one, that this is a estimate, and no exact date and time has been confirmed. 

Thanks a lot for the update!

I don't expect to get an exact ETA, but any estimate will help our league to plan the future of our season. Looking forward to an update on this next week 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, MartinSchrod said:

Thanks @BarryBl,

At least we know a rough etimate about how long our league races will be postphoned.

May we copy your response to our league forum?

 

 

 

As long as it is an exact quote, that seems reasonable and to be honest, expected. Go for it.

 

3 minutes ago, matses51 said:

Hi,
So to be clear you only want us to submit bug reports where the red cross is visible over our own or an opponents car?

I.e you are not interested in these types of clips/issues since it will most likely be fixed on the 1.12 patch and no red cross is visible?
PC-League 1
PC-Same race as "League 1"
PC-Random League

Not the case. Still very interested, this is a update on the highest priority issues from this thread. Create reports for these and we'll look in the normal procedure.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay, but I do have a more substantial update here on the quality of life on Multiplayer, especially since 1.10.

  1. The first part of this update is that we have a fix for the key desync issue seen in the PSGL footage (and other leagues) where the session host becomes laggy and positional information for all players gradually deteriorates. This can impair the host of large sessions in certain circumstances (i.e. it is not every session all of the time). A fix for this has been approved by our QA team and is scheduled for release in our next patch, v1.12.
  2. In the interests of transparency, our next objective for the team is the red X issue that seems to affect some sessions on Steam where one of the players fails to communicate their position to one or more other players in the session. This one is still in testing phase (as the desync was our priority) and working towards a solution on this one. I'll be setting up a thread specifically for this issue as we may need further feedback, and also want to see your experiences of this issue.

I understand and empathise the frustration that the Multiplayer Community has had over the past few weeks, the challenges you have faced and we thank you for your patience. If you run into a issue, I've been asked by the developers to be specific about the issues that you are facing. This allows us to track down the problems more effectively. I will go through the Master Thread today and separate by issue as this is helpful for developers, alongside report codes and videos too. 

Thats nice to hear 🙂

Are you allowed to tell us a little bit over what has caused the bugs or is this NDA information?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Sh0tix said:

Thats nice to hear 🙂

Are you allowed to tell us a little bit over what has caused the bugs or is this NDA information?

Sensitive NDA information I'm afraid. Would also have no benefit to share, even if I could. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, MartinSchrod said:

By the way, you mentioned update 1.12.

What will update 1.11 be? - Or has that just been a typo?

1.11 will be similar to 1.08 and 1.09, and be improvements to backend functionality. No additions or changes to the game will happen in 1.11. 1.12 is the next major patch of substance. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @BarryBL, it must be quite frustrating being the public face when things go wrong but the ETA etc is definitely appreciated. 

 

Is 1.12 the Imola patch, or will that be later? Also, if you need any help with the red X issues, and cars not seeing other cars, let me know. I've got loads of clips.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, TMIllo said:

Thanks @BarryBL, it must be quite frustrating being the public face when things go wrong but the ETA etc is definitely appreciated. 

 

Is 1.12 the Imola patch, or will that be later? Also, if you need any help with the red X issues, and cars not seeing other cars, let me know. I've got loads of clips.

Once I've created the thread, please add them on and any report codes you have of this. Also, anything unusual happening helps. We are facing some replication challenges on this issue, so any extra feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay, but I do have a more substantial update here on the quality of life on Multiplayer, especially since 1.10.

  1. The first part of this update is that we have a fix for the key desync issue seen in the PSGL footage (and other leagues) where the session host becomes laggy and positional information for all players gradually deteriorates. This can impair the host of large sessions in certain circumstances (i.e. it is not every session all of the time). A fix for this has been approved by our QA team and is scheduled for release in our next patch, v1.12.
  2. In the interests of transparency, our next objective for the team is the red X issue that seems to affect some sessions on Steam where one of the players fails to communicate their position to one or more other players in the session. This one is still in testing phase (as the desync was our priority) and working towards a solution on this one. I'll be setting up a thread specifically for this issue as we may need further feedback, and also want to see your experiences of this issue.

I understand and empathise the frustration that the Multiplayer Community has had over the past few weeks, the challenges you have faced and we thank you for your patience. If you run into a issue, I've been asked by the developers to be specific about the issues that you are facing. This allows us to track down the problems more effectively. I will go through the Master Thread today and separate by issue as this is helpful for developers, alongside report codes and videos too. 

@BarryBLThis a great response and a massive thank you for the update! It has been a trying time for many I think but the solutions that you have identified is certainly a very positive step. Kudos to the team on all their hard work in trying to rectify the situation.

Feel I need to be open and apologetic myself as I for one been quite vocal under stressful circumstances. I'm not proud of it, but at the same time we managed to bring the issues to the forefront as a community, and it goes to show what we can achieve when united 🙂 

Thanks again Barry & Codemasters Team!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...