Jump to content Jump to content

[ ALL PLATFORMS ] - Desync and General Quality of Life in Multiplayer Discussion Thread

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, GeoMorgz92 said:

@BarryBLThis a great response and a massive thank you for the update! It has been a trying time for many I think but the solutions that you have identified is certainly a very positive step. Kudos to the team on all their hard work in trying to rectify the situation.

Feel I need to be open and apologetic myself as I for one been quite vocal under stressful circumstances. I'm not proud of it, but at the same time we managed to bring the issues to the forefront as a community, and it goes to show what we can achieve when united 🙂 

Thanks again Barry & Codemasters Team!

No worries @GeoMorgz92, all good. We've been just as frustrated by the issue too. 👍

27 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Once I've created the thread, please add them on and any report codes you have of this. Also, anything unusual happening helps. We are facing some replication challenges on this issue, so any extra feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

I have loads of examples of that red cross causing mayhem in our Portuguese League as well. @BarryBL can you please drop the link to the thread here when you have created it?

• Like 1

It's just a terrible shame to release such a broken game
Unable to ride in leagues due to constant sync errors. Time spent on preparation cannot be returned.
All the internet in a video with your bugs, it makes you clowns
Return money to players

bug.jpg

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, Sh0tix said:

Thats nice to hear 🙂

Are you allowed to tell us a little bit over what has caused the bugs or is this NDA information?

The bugs are caused by F1 2021 being the 7th iteration of F1 2015 with different menus and slightly different physics. The games engine was made for old gen consoles, it's been built and built upon with sticky tape everywhere holding it all together. Until they release the game on a new engine (ego 5?) the same problems will always exist. 

• Agree 2
11 hours ago, RLLL said:

The bugs are caused by F1 2021 being the 7th iteration of F1 2015 with different menus and slightly different physics. The games engine was made for old gen consoles, it's been built and built upon with sticky tape everywhere holding it all together. Until they release the game on a new engine (ego 5?) the same problems will always exist. 

yup. on point. basically this game is over 6 years old. as you said its like using tape to hold something together but you always need to stick more stuff to it. eventually it just cant hold the stuff together anymore. 

you can see that the whole engine is screwed by the simple fact that the game tends to run on low fps on older PS4s or Ones even tho the physics and overall graphics isnt running close to the full potential of these consoles. 

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, Bicarda said:

This is horrible. How to kill your league racing scene in 4 weeks.. 

Absolutely horrendous that we have to wait so long for a patch. 
A bug so bad it needs a 1 day hotfix because the game is dieing out because of it. 

EVERYONE working at a fix and it still takes 4 weeks. 

So i guess this means next years game will get a months delay then? since this is highest priority now. 
Or or does "highest priority" mean the 2 people that aren't working at messing up f1 2015 V7.0 are doing crunch hours for 4 weeks? 

I totally agree with the sentiment that it's such a bad display to advertise your product and e-sports qualifier, while SHAME is the only thing that should be on display right now. 
Abusing the f1 license like this. For years. Delivering a product that's not worth it to bear the proud f1 logo. 

Or as Steviejay more constructively put it describing **** we already had to deal with even before multiplayer finally got "highest priority"

"To list:

• Fixing weather for sessions.
  • Separating pad and wheel users.
  • Running 'old season' games.
  • Running reduced rules to avoid unfair drive thru penalties.
  • Spectating qualifying sessions because track limits is broken even on Strict and drivers were abusing them.
  • Online Stewards forums having to deal with penalty removal because even the time penalties were not being awarded fairly. A lot of driving incidents occur because of desync issues, so it's fair to say that what you see on your screen, chances are it's not the same for other players.
  • Disabling the Safety Car because it was either hopelessly broken or disqualifying drivers.
  • Desync so bad that some drivers simply aren't visible to others at all (first instance was in 2011 but was really chronic in 2013)

We got a league mode in 2019 that solved none of the issues and has since been buried / discounted because it was designed or imagined by someone who had no idea how to make something fit for purpose - I'd still argue that no-one at Codemasters has actually tackled league racing (multiplayer) as it is envisioned by the league operators. Instead we get 'features' that do nothing to help desync ('ghosting' and rejoining) and it is given pointless developments such as 'Ranked' mode - which is it's own source of frustration for those foolhardy enough to attempt to (what.....IDK) actually play a game. 😁"

It's an absolute yoke. And it doesn't help at all if you, @BarryBL, say you're as frustrated as us or whatever. that's not what we need from codemasters. A nice person who is as frustrated as us. We need someone to explain what all went so horribly wrong these last years. A shameful appology  and a promise to us that you guys have finally seen the light and the time of half arsing this **** is over. 

You know, I really want to love this game, I really want to stand up as a fanboy against postings like this on my favourite franchise - but I cant, he just has more than a point here, even if it may sound a little harsh...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 10/4/2021 at 2:12 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay, but I do have a more substantial update here on the quality of life on Multiplayer, especially since 1.10.

1. The first part of this update is that we have a fix for the key desync issue seen in the PSGL footage (and other leagues) where the session host becomes laggy and positional information for all players gradually deteriorates. This can impair the host of large sessions in certain circumstances (i.e. it is not every session all of the time). A fix for this has been approved by our QA team and is scheduled for release in our next patch, v1.12.
  2. In the interests of transparency, our next objective for the team is the red X issue that seems to affect some sessions on Steam where one of the players fails to communicate their position to one or more other players in the session. This one is still in testing phase (as the desync was our priority) and working towards a solution on this one. I'll be setting up a thread specifically for this issue as we may need further feedback, and also want to see your experiences of this issue.

I understand and empathise the frustration that the Multiplayer Community has had over the past few weeks, the challenges you have faced and we thank you for your patience. If you run into a issue, I've been asked by the developers to be specific about the issues that you are facing. This allows us to track down the problems more effectively. I will go through the Master Thread today and separate by issue as this is helpful for developers, alongside report codes and videos too. 

Is 1.12 not going to include the cool down lap issues? Aside from the desync, this is the main serious issue on Xbox. That and the idiotic AI trying to rejoin the racing line when you're clearly on it already so they just crash into you... Priority is the important platform I guess. I mean, its not as if the rest of us have been struggling with this game for 3 months eh.. 

Edited by Rango
Posted (edited)
  • A detailed description of the issue.
    My nickname: NewbieTubey
    Desync during a 5 lap open lobby with no Q and random grid, 4th of October at approximately 23:15 GMT+1 
    KBD_Viking and KBD_Pedro kan see each other and KBD_Viking can see me, but I can't see KBD_Pedro.
    I was only able to avoid KBD_Pedro because we communicated on Discord. This also happened in an earlier race that same evening, but I don't have a clip of that situation.
  • Report Code
    CGVB-HTAC-AHCP-TVVG

• Platform?
    PC

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session?
    19 players 

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    No. KBD_Viking was the host. His connection was green.

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    Honestly none. I am on a cable connection with 500/500 fiber. Some races are fine others are not

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party
    KBD_Viking view Desync 1, Lap 4
    KBD_Viking view Desync 2, Lap 4
    NewbieTubey view Desync 2, Lap 4

My screen is 21:9, but unfortunately my screen recording was set up for 16:9. That is why my sides are missing.
Edited by matses51

@BarryBL Thanks mate for the update, we appreciate all your hard work.

Just a note though, the primary desync issue we see is not specific to the host.  Last night (PC, Social Private lobby for our league race), I was shown driving round the track half a lap back from my actual position.  Other cars could interact with my 'desynced clone', it could cause them to crash etc.  Only about half the league could see my clone, the other half could see real me.  I am in the same city as the host, but i was not the host.

This is a recurring issue, it is common now to have one or two drivers out of sync and to have these clone cars on track visible for some users.

Can you please confirm is this part of what the team are working on for 1.12 or is this believed to be a different issue?  Let me know if you need any more details, youtube evidence etc.

Thanks,

On 10/4/2021 at 1:52 PM, SaschaFocus said:

And if you look at it the way it was in the past, the patch introduces dozens of new bugs. It would be better to give out small fixes than to spread the big chaos with big updates.

Lol, if you compare the updates we manage to get as is to other games they are really quite tiny in reality. 

There’s loads of issues to be fixed and we get maybe a dozen fixes that only affect some users, instead of bigger fixes like how the penalty system is completely broken constantly handing out 5 secs for being rear-ended into a corner or behind SC. 

28 minutes ago, Biggles76 said:

Happy for the progress changes and updates from the Team at codemasters working with the community to work out these issues. Developing games is a lot of work! 

Do you wanna kidding me? This is what i pay for. I pay for a final and operating product! How can it be, that you are grateful, that they did their jobs?! We should give them a medal. 🤣😂

• Agree 1

So, I made an account here just to tell you guys to chill up. I think the main issue here is this change from Codemaster to EA. We can blame them forever but I bet next game will be better because they have learned their leasson.

So chill and let's wait for the patch to come out. 

PS: I am also nervous because the game is not good enough and also because the new tracks are not available but i have chosen to buy the game and to play it same like you have done. So instead of blaiming and cursing just report the issues and let's see what the new patch brings.

4 hours ago, Aerofan said:

So, I made an account here just to tell you guys to chill up. I think the main issue here is this change from Codemaster to EA. We can blame them forever but I bet next game will be better because they have learned their leasson.

PS: I am also nervous because the game is not good enough and also because the new tracks are not available but i have chosen to buy the game and to play it same like you have done. So instead of blaiming and cursing just report the issues and let's see what the new patch brings.

This is weird mentality. So you are telling us to chill when we paid 60 euros for this game just because they have more money from EA?

4 hours ago, Aerofan said:

Do you even know what are you saying? Desync issues have been here in the last game, but it was not so consistent and visible....

2 hours ago, gudosic said:

At some point Dice will explain to Codies how to keep 128 players in sync if needed and what a true MP is. 

EA and Codemasters, mix of emotions and fan respect.

Posted (edited)
  • A detailed description of the issue.
    My nickname: NewbieTubey
    Desync during a league race today. Short Q, formation lap and 50%  race distance. 
    Last lap I am approaching what I think is P1 and P2, but I cant see NSR_avakgunn in P3 and I take him out.
    I also take him out on the spectator stream, but this was just barely caugth/visible.

• Report Code
    KHVJ-DGPA-TPGE-GTVG

• Platform?
    PC

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session?
    14 players
    2 Spectator

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    No. Sincus was the host. His connection was green.

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    Honestly none. I am on a cable connection with 500/500 fiber. Some races are fine others are not

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party
    NSR_avakgunn view
    NewbiTubey View

Since this is now happened more than once I am starting to think it is something with my setup. A bit strange cause it always seems to be one specific player/car.
    Based on my two recent reports it seem to be inline with @BarryBL second point:
    But I don't see any red cross
    On 10/4/2021 at 3:12 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay, but I do have a more substantial update here on the quality of life on Multiplayer, especially since 1.10.

1. The first part of this update is that we have a fix for the key desync issue seen in the PSGL footage (and other leagues) where the session host becomes laggy and positional information for all players gradually deteriorates. This can impair the host of large sessions in certain circumstances (i.e. it is not every session all of the time). A fix for this has been approved by our QA team and is scheduled for release in our next patch, v1.12.
    2. In the interests of transparency, our next objective for the team is the red X issue that seems to affect some sessions on Steam where one of the players fails to communicate their position to one or more other players in the session. This one is still in testing phase (as the desync was our priority) and working towards a solution on this one. I'll be setting up a thread specifically for this issue as we may need further feedback, and also want to see your experiences of this issue.

I understand and empathise the frustration that the Multiplayer Community has had over the past few weeks, the challenges you have faced and we thank you for your patience. If you run into a issue, I've been asked by the developers to be specific about the issues that you are facing. This allows us to track down the problems more effectively. I will go through the Master Thread today and separate by issue as this is helpful for developers, alongside report codes and videos too. 

Edited by matses51
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Aerofan said:

You're post makes zero sense. 1. Why would we chill? We bought a game that we can't play for probably over 6 weeks. And NO, this has Nothing to do with electronic arts. They had zero influence in the making of this game. 

• Agree 2

The reason why I wrote, is because it happens that I am working in development department in automotive and I know that some things are not visible when you are testing, the tests requirements are defined and not all the things can be covered. We have also issues when the cars are tested and also when the cars are on the road because the test has not all the situations described, it is imposible to forseen everything. Unfortunately this is the part of the learning process. So we discover new issues, we are learning, we modify the test requirements and from the next product we have learned our lesson. The same way works also in game industry, some changes hasn't been forseen in the test requirement. They are learning now and be sure for the next game they will avoid this kind of stuff. 

Subject closed let's concentrate on the topic title now.

41 minutes ago, Aerofan said:

The reason why I wrote, is because it happens that I am working in development department in automotive and I know that some things are not visible when you are testing, the tests requirements are defined and not all the things can be covered. We have also issues when the cars are tested and also when the cars are on the road because the test has not all the situations described, it is imposible to forseen everything. Unfortunately this is the part of the learning process. So we discover new issues, we are learning, we modify the test requirements and from the next product we have learned our lesson. The same way works also in game industry, some changes hasn't been forseen in the test requirement. They are learning now and be sure for the next game they will avoid this kind of stuff. 

Subject closed let's concentrate on the topic title now.

This i understand. And of course, mistakes can happen. BUT, if one or two - better ten - of the codemasters employees would test an half of an hour of multiplayer in f1 2021 before they rollout a patch (in this case 1.10), they would see, that the software which they want to deliver DOES NOT WORK! That´s more than obvious!!!

I´m a photographer and filmmaker for different companies. If I would deliver a bad Product-, Image- or Commercialfilm the customer would NOT PAY and i had a lot of trouble!

All what i, as a customer, want from codemasters, is a functional game!!! With little mistakes maybe i could live, but if the game is no longer playable for me and in my Online League, than it is no longer funny. It should be possible to bring the system to a newer and better level, that we can have fun with this game again. Above all - this should be possible with EA as a partner in the background.

• Like 1