Jump to content Jump to content

Are career rivalries rigged?

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist (although I probably do!), but I'm suspicious of rivalries in career mode.

On MyTeam, my first rivalry was with Raikkonen and I was thrashed. That was after Alfa Romeo got to 5th in the performance ranking and Kimi getting several good results, including a few points finishes. Before the rivalry started, Alfa were 8th in the ranking and Kimi was finishing at the lower end of the midfield. 

My current rivalry is with Tsunoda and his results have improved quite a bit since the rivalry started, including a couple of points finishes.

Has anyone else found their rivals improving since the rivalries started?

17 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist (although I probably do!), but I'm suspicious of rivalries in career mode.

On MyTeam, my first rivalry was with Raikkonen and I was thrashed. That was after Alfa Romeo got to 5th in the performance ranking and Kimi getting several good results, including a few points finishes. Before the rivalry started, Alfa were 8th in the ranking and Kimi was finishing at the lower end of the midfield. 

My current rivalry is with Tsunoda and his results have improved quite a bit since the rivalry started, including a couple of points finishes.

I think this has been in the game since like forever.. I believe even in 2015 when you set a rival he will perform better😄

2 hours ago, WestHam66 said:

At least your rival options seem to be somewhat realistic. In my first season of my team, we were 8th on the performance chart and could score the odd points finish. My rival options were merc or redbull !

31 minutes ago, Jobling1983 said:

At least your rival options seem to be somewhat realistic. In my first season of my team, we were 8th on the performance chart and could score the odd points finish. My rival options were merc or redbull !

How about when your team is the best and they gave you Nikita as rival LOL

• Haha 1

I have never done the post about race interviews as I have that turned off but in my career as a Alfa Romeo,first rival was Verstappen, then , Hamilton, Bottas, Norris…you get the idea. Never anyone with a car similar to mine. Only top teams. Not sure if it’s because I let the game answer the interview questions but I have losts most of my rivalry’s. I personally don’t care about rivalry’s anyway but it is weird that it’s never someone close to me on the grid.

5 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

How about when your team is the best and they gave you Nikita as rival LOL

So i’m into season 3 now. Due to regulation changes (ai teams didnt protect anything) i’m now the number 1 team. So I finally accepted Perez as a rival. My first rivalry since start of season 1. His performance hasn’t improved though, normally qualifies around 8th when red bull are 3rd best team.

2 minutes ago, qn999 said:

I have never done the post about race interviews as I have that turned off but in my career as a Alfa Romeo,first rival was Verstappen, then , Hamilton, Bottas, Norris…you get the idea. Never anyone with a car similar to mine. Only top teams. Not sure if it’s because I let the game answer the interview questions but I have losts most of my rivalry’s. I personally don’t care about rivalry’s anyway but it is weird that it’s never someone close to me on the grid.

That’s the only reason i have inverview questions turned on. so you can purposely not answer the question where claire asks ‘who is your rival’ 

you will lose quite a lot of acclaim for losing rivalries, especially against Hamilton.

8 minutes ago, Jobling1983 said:

That’s the only reason i have inverview questions turned on. so you can purposely not answer the question where claire asks ‘who is your rival’ 

you will lose quite a lot of acclaim for losing rivalries, especially against Hamilton.

I have noticed that. First year I got completely destroyed in rivalry’s. getting better as my car improves but I’m 7 races into season 3 and think I’ve only won 1 rivalry. 

im coming from playing 2017 and which didn’t have acclaim or interview questions. What does acclaim do exactly? Is it just for driver transfers? I turned mine to reduced thinking it would help with unrealistic transfers but it didn’t. My grid is a bit messed up with only Ferrari and Mercs still with their real world drivers.

2 minutes ago, qn999 said:

I have noticed that. First year I got completely destroyed in rivalry’s. getting better as my car improves but I’m 7 races into season 3 and think I’ve only won 1 rivalry. 

im coming from playing 2017 and which didn’t have acclaim or interview questions. What does acclaim do exactly? Is it just for driver transfers? I turned mine to reduced thinking it would help with unrealistic transfers but it didn’t. My grid is a bit messed up with only Ferrari and Mercs still with their real world drivers.

Acclaim isn’t just for driver transfers. It also affects what perks you can buy. Level 5, 10, 15 i think. 

i have acclaim, r&d, money all on reduced to try and make it more of a grind. But losing more acclaim for losing unrealistic rivalries is something i didnt want.

Just now, Jobling1983 said:

Acclaim isn’t just for driver transfers. It also affects what perks you can buy. Level 5, 10, 15 i think. 

i have acclaim, r&d, money all on reduced to try and make it more of a grind. But losing more acclaim for losing unrealistic rivalries is something i didnt want.

Ahh, didn’t realize that but explains why I didn’t have the amount I thought I would for perks. Thanks for the info.

It your getting asked if Hamilton or max is your main rival... esp in your myteam first season...  Ai difficulty is to low your team my be 8th but your matching the top drivers on track...   As I’m sure most off us set ai difficulty lower in first season..  I’ve played first  my season so many times.  Like to try every variation... see how the game plays through...  Yes the game has obvious scripting(However a lot has to do with how you respond to press.   Always be so humble). Yes the ai has some cheats... Now if your first season on my team and kimi is your rival and is kicking your rear... your ai difficulty is to high..   

I realised that I was getting rain every race cause I was doing to well to consistent:.. As soon as I crashed out on purpose and responded to the press say I hate the rain and I don’t like racing in the rain... negative acclaim but didn’t see rain for five races..

Ive played  every difficulty and I’ve noticed the easier you make the ai.. so you can win in first season the more extreme the game cheats...  One off the very first seasons I played through i played through with ai on 60... Closer I got to winning title... was 100 points clear... with 5 raises to go...this was more down to top drivers inconsistency:  so five races left I could be champion at any point... all off a sudden ai went berserk I’d get off to a good start mid race good position my closest rival can’t remember who probably bottas was leading but obviously I just need a couple off points...  next thing I notice ai cars speed just went off the charts and they were just passing me they were crashing into the back off me.. whist I was staying on line..  the game doesn’t want you to win with 4 races to go even on easier settings.:. The more you dominate the more scripting and ai cheats and extreme rubberbanding come into effect... 

pass to mnay r&d upgrades in a season.. all off  sudden they all fail first time... 

It actually makes no point to script or rubberband or ai cheat... cause developers also give us the option to do the same:. With the ability to flashback raise and lower difficulty every session off every race raise or lower ours and ai resources... it would make more sense just to cut out scripting and give us less options::. Because if you don’t set the game up just right:.. the game gets unbalanced very quickly... all because the developers want the 10 year career to be challenging and don’t want us to win everything to soon...  So because developers can’t find a away to make the career more organic they add things to stop us from advancing to quickly... remember it’s the ai difficulty we change and not career  difficulty that we have no say in.

So bear in mind when you pick the ten year career modes.  Think long term.. I only play myteam... first season all you need to worry about is keep raising your acclaim... make sure you at end off season you’ve achieved your main sponsors objective... and just develop your car in terms off from the ground up.. think custom car tv programs. And the how they go about building a car

Chassis... first.. reduction then distribution... tyres brakes 

durability.. preparing  for future seasons. 

aero... drag  first:.... then downforce  both front and back develope together to keep setup balanced then drs.

Performance... engine upgrades pick Mercedes.. you’ll stay quick for most off the season..  without upgrades.. during the course off season I do upgrade two minor engine so I have ers upgrades for second season... 

when you’ve got a good chassis.. spec 2 and good aero spec 2 and durability spec one or two depending on how  much mechanical sympathy you have on track. 

Then performance upgrade.. but not engine... ers and fuel efficiency..  performance you should keep one or two spec behind the others...

No point having super powerful engine. When you’ve got a chassis tha can’t handle it and Aero not good enough to get maximum benefit

Edited by ScaredDuck