Jump to content Jump to content

Weird AI doing weird Things.

Hi there,

this is the second time in a Week that I noticed the AI having a weird Crash in the Background. 

For amusement I had the idea to Record these incidents an create a Thread where we could share our experiences here.

Therefore i give you Latifi. Master of DRS.   (sorry about the quality) 

7 hours ago, CS21 said:

Therefore i give you Latifi

Perfectly realistic, rear tyre damage in Baku, happened to Verstappen as well iirc 😄 Great to have the AI doing mistakes, adds a lot of immersion if you ask me. Good idea for a thread!

• Agree 1
13 hours ago, CS21 said:

Hi there,

this is the second time in a Week that I noticed the AI having a weird Crash in the Background. 

For amusement I had the idea to Record these incidents an create a Thread where we could share our experiences here.

Therefore i give you Latifi. Master of DRS.   (sorry about the quality) 

Try it when one spins out in front of you and takes out your front wing on pit straight, by time I got to pits I was way last but it made for a memorable race which is needed to keep game fun and us on our toes

On 9/19/2021 at 6:50 AM, Schneehase said:

Perfectly realistic, rear tyre damage in Baku, happened to Verstappen as well iirc 😄 Great to have the AI doing mistakes, adds a lot of immersion if you ask me. Good idea for a thread!

Agreed ai need to make mistakes , more fun

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rango said:

Absolutely no idea what happened here before I got there

Two options; The least likely -  Looking at the tyre tracks when the video begins, somebody has done a 180 handbrake spin.  I'd then assume that somebody (assume it would be the Red Bull) has gone around the previous corner and maybe got too much kerb and spun the car around. Then cars have ploughed into it and dragged it down the track as at 00:03, all the cars are single file.  Then the Alpha sized battering-ram comes in and frees them from their captivity. 

The more likely; - The Red Bull and the car slightly further up the hill (around 00:12) have tried to go through turn 8 together which is a recipe for disaster. The Red Bull gets lodged on the inside and everything piles up behind the two until again, the Battering Ram Tauri comes along and shuffles them a little. This frees the Haas and the car alongside the Red Bull breaks loose.  The Red Bull then is freed, but like a true champ, Sergio drives forward and blocks the Alpha and the Haas around the outside where the Alpha again powers its way through.

It's not the most bizarre of circumstances but it's good to know that action still takes place when the player driver isn't in the immediate vicinity.  Even if the surrounding AI aren't... well, the cleverest and just queue up at the incident.   If the Alpha hadn't ploughed their way through then a fair few DQs would have happened for 'Parking in a Dangerous Location"

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, CS21 said:

Or maybe a car having a mechanical failure with the rest piling up behind and some running straight into each others backs.

I had considered that as my primary answer when I first saw it but the car at the head of the trail was the Red Bull who had stopped while pressed against the wall and then shot off across the path of the Alpha when able to move which is unlike any fail procedure i've seen for an engine failure where they usually roll into the run-off zone which would be directly ahead in this instance.   The acceleration, along with the lack of any visible smoke, by the Red Bull at the end made it unlikely to be an engine failure.  It may have failed around turn 7 and been caught by the car it tangled with at turn 8 to which they jammed each other before being released by the shunt of the Alpha.  The mad dash of the Red Bull was the AI programming to direct it to the run-off.  Wouldn't have been my first guess but it is possible! 

It's also possible it was an engine failure for a car that then ghosted into the ether?  You know, where they vanish into nothing and retirement but that usually takes a lot longer and the queue would be longer than 4 cars by the time that timeout had removed the car from the path and you'd have a safety car (if they're turned on)

On 10/7/2021 at 10:40 PM, CS21 said:

Get in there Lewis. 

Japan's first corner is notorious for weird collisions and spinouts like these.   The shadow of the front wing post-wing loss is also a thing they'll need to look at eventually.   It depends if there is any actual loss-of-performance though, or purely aesthetic. 

50 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Japan's first corner is notorious for weird collisions and spinouts like these.   The shadow of the front wing post-wing loss is also a thing they'll need to look at eventually.   It depends if there is any actual loss-of-performance though, or purely aesthetic. 

It has an impact on Performance. In the aftermath, Hamilton was holding up the whole party until the back straight. (I noticed that because the gap behind me getting extremely big out of the sudden.) But this wasn't japan. This was China. Sainz was exciting the pit and Hamilton ran straight into him. The shadows of the front wing are indeed a bit disturbing.

28 minutes ago, CS21 said:

It has an impact on Performance. In the aftermath, Hamilton was holding up the whole party until the back straight. (I noticed that because the gap behind me getting extremely big out of the sudden.) But this wasn't japan. This was China. Sainz was exciting the pit and Hamilton ran straight into him. The shadows of the front wing are indeed a bit disturbing.

I was just pointing out that Japan is known for similar things happening. 😁    At least if it is having an impact on performance then it is doing its job and it is a graphical issue and not an AI one! 

3 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I was just pointing out that Japan is known for similar things happening. 😁    At least if it is having an impact on performance then it is doing its job and it is a graphical issue and not an AI one! 

oh OK! 😉

• 1 month later...