Jump to content Jump to content

Add marks to setup settings showing previous values

Working with setups during a session would be really handy to see where the last values were, both last change and last save. Here’s a suggestion that would not need to make major changes to existing UI.

Place a colored bar mark where the last value was, say orange for the previous setting and green for the last saved setting. So if you changed the wing from 5 to 7 the white bar would now be up to 7, with an orange tick at 5. If there was a saved setup then a green mark at that value, until the next save.

• Agree 3

Actually think that’s a good idea.. As I cant help but tinker.. however the correct method to really nail the perfect setup... which I don’t follow... is to only change one setting a time and thereby you would remember previous setting..  

On 9/19/2021 at 12:39 AM, Neilrs60 said:

Working with setups during a session would be really handy to see where the last values were, both last change and last save. Here’s a suggestion that would not need to make major changes to existing UI.

Place a colored bar mark where the last value was, say orange for the previous setting and green for the last saved setting. So if you changed the wing from 5 to 7 the white bar would now be up to 7, with an orange tick at 5. If there was a saved setup then a green mark at that value, until the next save.

Good suggestion and it would be great if it could span sessions. For example I have my dry race setup, which I tweak the bits I can in parc ferme for a wet qualy but want to change back for a dry race (I’m thinking of tyre pressures and diff in particular). Currently I have to take a picture on my phone so I can revert it back.

Edited by Monzie83
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I don't not sure if I am just too old but why don't you just write down and keep a record of what your settings are from P1 to P2 or Q1,2,3 and then the final race setup.

I do this for all of the stats each practice/race and season. Note down setup feel and then for each season there might be just a small adjustment depending on the level of upgrade or direction of R&D.

I do like the suggestion though but I prefer written or typed up note to make it easy for the next time at that track.