Jump to content Jump to content

Kerbs seem less spin-happy after 1.10?

Not saying I can take 2020 lines again and hammer the kerbs without consequence but just clipping them seems to cause less instability than previously. 

Might be just me, I did have a break from the game but it doesn't feel as in a rush to spin you round anymore. 

anyone else shared this or I've just been lucky? Turns 6 & 7 at Bahrain, kerbs were a rollercoaster on launch, seems like we can use them again, for example. 

15 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

It looks like curbs are not as slippery as it was on release, but Sochi curbs are still made by red Bull and gives you wings 😄

I've not noticed this personally though I do tend to avoid Circuit de Right Angles as much as possible

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

Not saying I can take 2020 lines again and hammer the kerbs without consequence but just clipping them seems to cause less instability than previously. 

Might be just me, I did have a break from the game but it doesn't feel as in a rush to spin you round anymore. 

anyone else shared this or I've just been lucky? Turns 6 & 7 at Bahrain, kerbs were a rollercoaster on launch, seems like we can use them again, for example. 

They've tweaked some of the suspension and ride height related values, now the cars are much less prone to be bouncing or vibrating on kerbs like before. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 3
42 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

M8 where do you take this from? Source?

Within the XML files of each team's car (including multiplayer + MyTeam car).

I compared them with the version before update and noticed a few sections of suspension & ride height downforce related values were tweaked (not the wing downforce, I forgot what these sections were actually called because I'm not at home atm), so I'm assuming that's why the handling model over bumpy surfaces were changed after this update. 

I'm sure the suspension is tweaked, just not entirely certain whether those values are the actual or only ones that made the difference, but very likely I believe. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I thought the was something different with the kerbs . I has a mid race save at Monza just before patch . At the high speed  chicane. I was having to loft off throttle . When went over curb to stop car spinning . Bit after patch and resumed the race I was able to take the kerb flat out . Gotta say thow I'm disappointed . If the have changed it . I was enjoying the challenge . Off having to find my way going over certain kerbs . And hoe to deal with them . Personally I don't why people have such an issue with it . It's not like it doesn't happen in rl . And it brought more off a challenge . Instead off just sitting there driving around lap after lap . With no worries . Is boring . It's why I stopped playing last year's game for . I'll see how this goes . Bit I wish the would stop changing things that ain't broke . Just because a few people don't like 

• Agree 1