Jump to content Jump to content

XBOX Series X - Game freezing and making the console shut off (Unplayable)

• A detailed description of the issue. Game freezing during and console shutting down.
  • Report Code. - No possible way to get a report code because of the fact that the console shuts down. 
  • Platform? - Xbox series X. 
  • Game-mode? Multiplayer loading map / Time Trial Car Selection / Session summary screen
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. Reinstalling the game twice, reseted xbox to factory settings.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. - No
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    i Start the game. Pick Time Trial in menus. Go to car selection and then the game proceed to freeze. If you are quick enough you can pick a car an proceed onto map picking. Same thing happens when entering any multiplayer game and the map has been loaded. Game freezes while waiting for other players to connect. 

• Administrator

In your video, it did try to 'download content'. Can you check in 'My Games and Apps', select the game and see if you are missing any files? Also, clearing your Xbox cache may help.

The game is not missing any files from what i can see, i've already factory reseted my console once before. The only abnormality i can find is that is that the xbox states the version of the game to "1.0.80.8019"and the game itself says "1.10.808019". Theres no information about the game requiring updates from what i can see.

• Administrator
On 9/21/2021 at 3:26 PM, Tjd2232 said:

The game is not missing any files from what i can see, i've already factory reseted my console once before. The only abnormality i can find is that is that the xbox states the version of the game to "1.0.80.8019"and the game itself says "1.10.808019". Theres no information about the game requiring updates from what i can see.

This would be the issue. You may need to download the update, as it should be on 1.10. Are you online? Maybe you have a corrupt data file here. Can you clear cache, check network settings and do a full re-install and let me know which version you end up on please. Being on 1.08 could well be your blocker here

Maybe a power cycle may help

I have the exact same issue. 

I have done all of the above and no matter what it shuts off without warning. No other game does it either only this game. It’s basically unplayable at this point. 

ive uninstalled and installed twice. Have the latest update, cleared cache, played with some settings. But Xbox I’m well ventilated area and still does the turn offs. 

any help would be amazing. 

On 9/23/2021 at 12:32 PM, BarryBL said:

This would be the issue. You may need to download the update, as it should be on 1.10. Are you online? Maybe you have a corrupt data file here. Can you clear cache, check network settings and do a full re-install and let me know which version you end up on please. Being on 1.08 could well be your blocker here

Maybe a power cycle may help

Yes i'm online. Nothing of the above resolves the issue. Theres no way to update the game manually from what i can see. I'm still on patch 1.08 after doing another reset.

Edited by Tjd2232