Jump to content Jump to content

Pole position


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Madmaz116 said:

 

@marioho 

@DRTApophis 

@Cook95

@gatorlb I hold it full , its impossible on the controller to hold it any less , Ive tried to hold it more gentle but the revs just cut out completely

@Badmayhem

 

Thanks for the responses guys

Even with TC full you will get some wheel spin or be torque limited.  In my experience, it cripples you on a start.

Try to limit to 10 or 11k RMP during the start.  After you get a good launch (maybe 2nd gear) you should be able to floor it and let full TC do it’s job.  If you can’t hold at 10k, you will get passed on start,  there is not much more you can do in my experience.
 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a similar problem like @Madmaz116. In my case I have no assists on, using cockpit view and have a wheel. I can frequently win pole, but almost always lose several (3-7) positions at the start. Occasionally I can comeback and win, and usually in most races I have the fastest lap. When I start the revs seem to be always out of control - either I have virtually none or it is maxed out - no in-between. 

Thoughts?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dwin20 said:

I have a similar problem like @Madmaz116. In my case I have no assists on, using cockpit view and have a wheel. I can frequently win pole, but almost always lose several (3-7) positions at the start. Occasionally I can comeback and win, and usually in most races I have the fastest lap. When I start the revs seem to be always out of control - either I have virtually none or it is maxed out - no in-between. 

Thoughts?

Thanks

Go to calibration and set saturation at zero if your pedal set will work without it and then set throttle linearity to 50 and test that on track then test it set at 25 and then set at 100 so that you get an idea of any difference to the way it affects the way the throttle is operating  test it at many different settings until you get the throttle working exactly as you like it. Also adding some dead zone may give you a better foot position on the throttle pedal before it starts to work and make it easier to control.

Make sure your throttle is opening fully in the calibration test bars to give you all available throttle operation ,  use more or less saturation to adjust it to 100%

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Exasperated said:

Go to calibration and set saturation at zero if your pedal set will work without it and then set throttle linearity to 50 and test that on track then test it set at 25 and then set at 100 so that you get an idea of any difference to the way it affects the way the throttle is operating  test it at many different settings until you get the throttle working exactly as you like it. Also adding some dead zone may give you a better foot position on the throttle pedal before it starts to work and make it easier to control.

Make sure your throttle is opening fully in the calibration test bars to give you all available throttle operation ,  use more or less saturation to adjust it to 100%

Also make sure your pedal set isn't full of dust and fluff and clean the potentiometer if it is by blasting it with air in a can or a modellers airbrush or whatever you can get your hands on. and make sure the pedal pivot points allow the pedal to work smoothly through its stroke or you will never have full control over the throttle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 10:11 AM, Exasperated said:

Go to calibration and set saturation at zero if your pedal set will work without it and then set throttle linearity to 50 and test that on track then test it set at 25 and then set at 100 so that you get an idea of any difference to the way it affects the way the throttle is operating  test it at many different settings until you get the throttle working exactly as you like it. Also adding some dead zone may give you a better foot position on the throttle pedal before it starts to work and make it easier to control.

Make sure your throttle is opening fully in the calibration test bars to give you all available throttle operation ,  use more or less saturation to adjust it to 100%

Thanks for the suggestions! 

Tried this - setting linearity to 50 just delayed the transition from minimal revs to maximum revs. The same transition as with it set to 0, but with the pedal pushed down farther. Tried at 75 and same thing. The problem I seem to be having is that for the starts I either have minimal revs or 100% revs, and can't get anything in-between. When I am on track I do get revs in-between as seen by the lights on the steering wheel. 

FYI I have a G29...

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dwin20 said:

Thanks for the suggestions! 

Tried this - setting linearity to 50 just delayed the transition from minimal revs to maximum revs. The same transition as with it set to 0, but with the pedal pushed down farther. Tried at 75 and same thing. The problem I seem to be having is that for the starts I either have minimal revs or 100% revs, and can't get anything in-between. When I am on track I do get revs in-between as seen by the lights on the steering wheel. 

FYI I have a G29...

Go by the throttle bars not revs hold it at 3

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dwin20 said:

I don't see those - just the lights across the top of the steering wheel...

They're to the right and above the brake bars. They show the positions of your throttle and brake in relation to your imputs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dwin20 said:

Don't see anything to the right - (FYI - I am in cockpit view) - no brake bars either

Your on screen display (cockpit view) is off. If you have to have it off you wont have the info ya need and I simply dont know enough about that viewpoint to help,sorry.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So instead of looking at the Rev lights and trying to get them in the middle , which you cant , I looked at the green bar which lights up just above them , managed to hold it when it got to just under half way , when lights went out I didnt slam the throttle down (on controller) i waited for the car to pick up a little speed then did it , and it worked !! I held first place !!, didnt always get it right but at least im not always being swamped all the time by other cars ... appreciate everyones help !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...