Jump to content Jump to content

Nicknames aren't used during LAN game sessions.

4 minutes ago, DziukensPL said:

Nicknames aren't used during LAN game sessions. Instead of using Steam names, game is using "Player One".

Can you complete the template please as this seems like a worthwhile bug that can highlight where the devs have taken a misstep. This should have been highlighted in testing, which leads me to believe this mode hasn't been tested. It's never part of beta testing for obvious reasons.

This bug was fixed 1 year ago in F1 2020. That's a clear example of bad version management.

• Report Code is unavailable, because bug appears in game menu.
  • PC
  • LAN Game
  • I was host.
  • DXDiag attached in post. Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER v1.1

DxDiag.txt

Edited by DziukensPL
3 hours ago, DziukensPL said:

This bug was fixed 1 year ago in F1 2020. That's a clear example of bad version management.

• Report Code is unavailable, because bug appears in game menu.
  • PC
  • LAN Game
  • I was host.
  • DXDiag attached in post. Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER v1.1

DxDiag.txt 137.24 kB · 0 downloads

Exact bug present and fixed in F1 2020? Probably because the codebase here is likely F1 2019 - no Devon last year, baby and bathwater....

Any session with the bug is good, just pause it. It will identify your session with online services (unless of course, you're not connected to the internet for LAN play, not sure if it's required as I've never played it).

It really does seem if all the fixes for F1 2020 have had to be reintroduced or have been overlooked / rewritten considered to be 'bug crushed' to be fair.