Jump to content Jump to content

(Xbox) How do I select a new strategy - how do I use 'voice' commands

'Check you'r MFD for a new strategy'.

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but how do I use commands from the voice command list, and how do I select a new strategy ?

I figured out I have to assign a button for 'Radio / Voice Commands', but once I get a list of commands up, how do I select one e.g. 'box this lap' or select a strategy ?

I’m on ps5 so possibly different... when ask to select new strategy in mfd.. press your assigned button to bring up voice commands... and use directional buttons to either confirm (right) or keep current  (down then right) You get 30 seconds to choose... you should see the counter on the top off your mfd menu

Dont select mfd when your on a complex part off track unless your close to pit lane entrance,  if your anything like me you’ll crash 

Edited by ScaredDuck
8 minutes ago, searSingray157 said:

Ahhh - I have assigned right button to change fuel mix. Let me try un-assign that.

Thanks

Don’t need to change fuel mix in this years game... race is set to standard now.... most on controllers re-assign right stick... up and down increase/decrease dif... right left brake balance

2 hours ago, searSingray157 said:

Ahhh - I have assigned right button to change fuel mix. Let me try un-assign that.

Edit - Nope, I can select the strategy (up / down), but I cannot confirm it with right (or left ) button on the d-pad.

Thanks

Your confirm buttons been reassign too?

13 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Dont select mfd when your on a complex part off track unless your close to pit lane entrance,  if your anything like me you’ll crash 

If only Jeff would follow this and not give me useless information in the most difficult part of a track and/or offer a new strategy mid the most complex corner. 

• Agree 1

I'm confused now. I have 'A' assigned as accept / advanced (Xbox Series X, ThrustMaster TX-RW wheel).

This is specifically for the Story mode, the race on SPA where it starts raining after a few laps. When I go in pit I get slick tires, not intermediate tires. I cannot figure out how to switch the tires so I get the right tires when I go in pit. When I go out after the pit he tells me I need to pit to change to intermediate tires. The tire selection in the MFD shows M and I cannot change it.

I cannot stay out one extra lap as I'm all over the place on those slick tires. This is a little frustrating.

Edit: Man do I feel silly. I had unassigned MFD left / right. THAT is what I use for accepting. Silly me.

Edited by searSingray157
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, searSingray157 said:

I'm confused now. I have 'A' assigned as accept / advanced (Xbox Series X, ThrustMaster TX-RW wheel).

This is specifically for the Story mode, the race on SPA where it starts raining after a few laps. When I go in pit I get slick tires, not intermediate tires. I cannot figure out how to switch the tires so I get the right tires when I go in pit. When I go out after the pit he tells me I need to pit to change to intermediate tires. The tire selection in the MFD shows M and I cannot change it.

I cannot stay out one extra lap as I'm all over the place on those slick tires. This is a little frustrating.

You are overlooking something.. it you were using a pad it’s just a matter off bringing up your mfd then cycling through the menu until you get to pit options.  Pressing down twice on d pad and right twice... I can even do it by memory.

Sorry I can’t help much when it comes to wheels 

Edited by ScaredDuck