Jump to content Jump to content

Wishlist for F1 2022 and onwards

Absolutely brilliant would be a dream game if it worked, but wont happen for at least 10 years probably when we can buy today's super computers at todays standard computer prices.

Every thing you listed and even the look is great what a great idea or ideas.

It seems like a mix of the development aspects of something like motorsport manager, combined with the driving physics of an assetto corsa, rFactor 2, raceroom, etc. would satisfy a large portion of the more hardcore croud. This is what makes me so sad about the exclusive license. There is simply very little reason for codies to innovate in any meaningful capacity, because no one else is threatening to yoink thier playerbase. And what's worse is, it's gonna be this way until at least 2025, possibly extending to 2027. What a sad state of affairs.

• Administrator

Some very interesting stuff there. Some that we realistically would face huge challenges in implementing (partnering with real life brands for the game would be a task and a half for the licencing team), but can pass it on.

Also, adding classic tracks would be cool, but would be another licence challenge. As with all years, we agree with various stakeholders at F1 to provide a calendar and then are obliged to do so. But, I'm not the boss (or the level designers, luckily for everyone concerned), and I'll get this passed on for reference. Good work @JonnieLP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Thanks Barry for answering this is by far the best set of Ideas I have ever seen on F1 game hope they try and implement some or most of them.

Probably should offer JonnieLp a job I wonder would he accept.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Yindi said:

Thanks Barry for answering this is by far the best set of Ideas I have ever seen on F1 game hope they try and implement some or most of them.

Probably should offer JonnieLp a job I wonder would he accept.

Id bet that he got a lot of inspiration in this forum because most of these ideas were already mentioned even in a more worked out way sometimes😜 but its definitely good that Codemasters have recognised them for once😂

This is great stuff from the author! 

But can I add something else to the wish list?

My overall biggest wish would be seeing Codemasters continue investing in coop mode. In the past my 3 friends and I played several championships together. This year is the first where my teammate and me can develope the whole car together what brings so much more deep into the career mode. Nothing makes more fun than to talk and plan about what we want to do next, where the weaks of the car are, what aims we want to set for practise, to find a good setup together and to get enough ressource points, to celebrate a good race finish or when a big update developed succecful. This mode brought us so much teamwork to the game. The only sad point is, that it is just available to two players, so my other 2 friends cannot challenge us in this mode.

I really hope codemasters make it possible to have a fight over several season with another second coop team (4 Player Career (or more)), which developes their car. This would be great stuff. 

Another point on the wish list, which cooperates with the ideas of the author is to make my team available to coop mode. All the good points I talked about above would be expanded with the possibility to talk about creating a car livery together, with tactical decision which sponsor to choose, which decisions, in which buildings (or maybe ingeneurs? 😉 ) we should invest the money next. Everything what makes the career mode deeper and let us have more difficicult decisions are great stuff for coop mode, too. This would be the next stuff for this great future. 

I hope Codemasters invest here. This feature is a big step forward for those player who have the friends / people to play together. 

Edited by DonBlanko
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We also definitely need kerb settings! Especially for the ground effect cars as they will be even more affected by the kerbs than the current cars. Basically, we need a low setting for beginners and people who like to ride the kerbs and a high setting for those who like realism with a bunch of other levels in between. (Also, I am just saying this so that this thread stays high up in the suggestions forum.) Really cool ideas here though!

Hi there,

in agreeing with the arguments already reported, I would add a small one which I hope won't too difficult to have, perhaps just matter of timing and testing: to have the new cars performance at launch!

Clearly I don't mean the 'patch performance' which inevitably will come later, in the sense of adjusting the relative differences between the various teams, but I mean to start the season with the 'speed' of the cars valid for the 2022 season, differently from what happened with F1 2021 which for two months more or less, had a performance of about 1s. better. Perhaps by using better the Beta phase, or simply starting earlier, don't know.

Thank you in advance Codemasters for considering this ☺️

Greetings,
Nuv

6 minutes ago, Nuvolarix said:

Hi there,

in agreeing with the arguments already reported, I would add a small one which I hope won't too difficult to have, perhaps just matter of timing and testing: to have the new cars performance at launch!

Clearly I don't mean the 'patch performance' which inevitably will come later, in the sense of adjusting the relative differences between the various teams, but I mean to start the season with the 'speed' of the cars valid for the 2022 season, differently from what happened with F1 2021 which for two months more or less, had a performance of about 1s. better. Perhaps by using better the Beta phase, or simply starting earlier, don't know.

Thank you in advance Codemasters for considering this ☺️

Greetings,
Nuv

I dont think this is something that needs a suggestion.. Codemasters usually aimed for this and did this and the relative car performances pretty good pre 2020, now that Covid is a thing this might be an explanation for it.. Anyway, its pretty safe to say that Codemasters will aim for mostly accurate car performances for the release anyway, differences are always there because the tracks are not 100% accurate (the old ones mostly) and other things like air pressure etc. having an influence are not really represented in the game and therefore there are some differences in laptimes

On 9/23/2021 at 12:55 PM, JonnieLP said:

• More variable dynamic weather → certain parts of the track dry, others wet

About weather I would also add more unpredictable drying of the track, meaning for example that sometimes, even if it stops raining, it does not necessarily mean that the track will be dry in a short time or even not at all! Just think at the recent Istanbul Grand Prix. And more unpredictable 'wetting' too...

And what about to introduce the Sprint Qualifying format? Once Formula 1 seems oriented towards maintaining the format, and indeed increasing its use. Possibly at the user's choice.

Nuv

Edited by Nuvolarix
On 10/22/2021 at 3:12 PM, Nuvolarix said:

And what about to introduce the Sprint Qualifying format? Once Formula 1 seems oriented towards maintaining the format, and indeed increasing its use. Possibly at the user's choice.

Nuv

I do wonder what the general consensus of Sprint Qualifying is amongst the fans.  I like the fact it means there's another session that means something but i'm not a fan of the winner getting 'Pole Position', nor the format in general.   

I went to Silverstone and, despite what they were saying on the commentary when I rewatched it... it was dull. Alonso was the only bright spark and most of that occurred the other side of the track to me as I was near Abbey.   Italy was better but that was because Hamilton fell backwards and it was him trying to catch up, otherwise again it didn't feel magical but did make the 'normal' qualifying appear alot less important. 

It's going to be at 8 races next year, I think?   Not a fan of the half-assing it by making random weekends different from each other but I expect there are loads of people that love the idea.  It just feels like a change for changes sake so they can say they're 'freshening things up'. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I do wonder what the general consensus of Sprint Qualifying is amongst the fans.  I like the fact it means there's another session that means something but i'm not a fan of the winner getting 'Pole Position', nor the format in general.   

I went to Silverstone and, despite what they were saying on the commentary when I rewatched it... it was dull. Alonso was the only bright spark and most of that occurred the other side of the track to me as I was near Abbey.   Italy was better but that was because Hamilton fell backwards and it was him trying to catch up, otherwise again it didn't feel magical but did make the 'normal' qualifying appear alot less important. 

It's going to be at 8 races next year, I think?   Not a fan of the half-assing it by making random weekends different from each other but I expect there are loads of people that love the idea.  It just feels like a change for changes sake so they can say they're 'freshening things up'. 

I'm not a big fan too at least with the current format, I would have many suggestions but I'm not personal friend of Domenicali so hard to throw them at all! ☺️

Nevertheless I think it could be fun in the game or at least it might be nice to leave the choice of the double format to the user, race by race. Someone may follow the true championship (BTW I read 7 in 2022 somewhere, not sure), others may increase or decrease the number because they like or dislike it. 

All in all is official rule and it shouldn't be a 'big' work, just allow a 2nd format in which the new one is simply:
- "what currently is Q" moved after "P1" (full, short or whatever) in place of "P2";
- "P3" becomes "P2" and "add that new 100km race (or Sprint Qualifying as is called)" before the normal race;
- paying attention to the tyre regulations.

Clearly a 33% length Sprint is quite senseless if one uses 5 laps race but the more the lenght is close to the real the more gets sense.

Regards,
Nuv

P.S.: to be honest I think the most important thing is to focus on the new physics and handling of the 2022 cars, if possible, I can survive without the rest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For F1 2022, I would like the car and the FFB (Fanatec Podium Wheel Driver) in the online lobby to feel exactly the same as offline in GP mode.

Despite the same conditions, yesterday it was a disaster in the online lobby, and not for the first time!

This has to still be the best post I’ve seen on here... simply cause.  It’s the OP only post...  he came he saw he dropped the bomb and his mic and left.

We should have awards for the best posts @BarryBL😂

Edited by ScaredDuck