Jump to content Jump to content

So I just wanted to ask I to be honest I dont expect a reply , but what happed to this game ?  Why is the damage model so poor , I mean i stopped playing it shortly after i bought it as it was boring bumber cars, i reinstalled recently , i thought after a couple of years It may have changed a bit with patches, but its still the same, i mean if the damage model was better i would play this more , you have to smash the car non stop to get any kind of damage

Why no fuel usage , why no tyre wear why no pitstops ? this game could have been brilliant , these things are needed especially in multiplayer. This could have been a PCARS 2 beater.

so sad... dont make Grid Legends the same or you'll get the same fail.

Edited by Madmaz116

A game can not be a simulation, you know. Just because one game is a sim, DOESN'T mean all games should be a sim. There has to be at LEAST a game that allows you to just pick a car and drive.

If every (Racing) game was a sim, the series would be unable to gain any players, as the series would be an elitist gatekeeping haven.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Typo.
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 12:54 PM, CordedQuill42 said:

A game can not be a simulation, you know. Just because one game is a sim, DOESN'T mean all games should be a sim. There has to be at LEAST a game that allows you to just pick a car and drive.

If every (Racing) game was a sim, the series would be unable to gain any players, as the series would be an elitist gatekeeping haven.

While yes, his mention of fuel consumption and tire wear could be considered specific to SIMs, a more realistic damage model isn't. It was obviously far better and more realistically implemented in original GRID, yet without forcing the player to play without driving assists. 

So even though GRID has never been considered a full on SIM, it DOES allow for a no assists option that comes a lot closer to it than some games that aren't full SIM.