Jump to content Jump to content

[2P Career] P2 retires session and loses control of car to AI as P1 crosses finish line

• A detailed description of the issue.

50% Co-op career race at Silverstone. I was the host. Final lap.
    I was in P9 and @mrmercy82 behind me in P10. As I crossed the finish line I see that in that exact moment @mrmercy82 "retired from the session" at the bottom of the screen.
    My first thought was that he crashed. However, on his side he was in the last corner and as soon as I crossed the finish line he lost control of his car and the AI took over & he heard the victory music you normally hear when you cross the finish line. This happened metres away from the finish line. The AI didn't even bother to cross the line, instead it drove a little bit and then pulled over to the side of the track.

In the menu post race his position appeared as P15 with 1 Lap behind behind P1. In the season results page back in the Menu he is listed as DNF.

• Report Codes
    JARB-PMRM-ACHM-HMHE (host)
    MTXG-JKPB-JRCV-HKHE (P2)

• Game Mode Co-op Career

• Platform?
    PC

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session?

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    Yes

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    None as it happened randomly and unexpectedly.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.  

1064267070_P2retiressessionandlosescontrolofcartoAIasP1crossesfinishline.thumb.JPG.e1c257ceda813d3af668961207bfb80d.JPG
    • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
      I am unsure how to replicate as this has never happened to me before and seems to have happened randomly and I've never seen it before.

We started a 2P-Career race 50% and raced until the final lap. The rest is in the bug description.
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe this has something to do with grid penalty when a player changes components and then a player is in the same starting position as another car or something. The search function of this forum isn't the best one, but I believe this was reported before and it had something to do with grid penalties in coop not working correctly. If only I could find the other threads on this issue ... but anyway, it doesn't seem to have been fixed. We've had this in our career twice in a row: New components, grid penalty, at race start overlapped with another car in the last position and once one of us crossed the finish line, the other player was reported as having abandoned the race.

Edited by EyTschej
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, EyTschej said:

I believe this has something to do with grid penalty when a player changes components and then a player is in the same starting position as another car or something. The search function of this forum isn't the best one, but I believe this was reported before and it had something to do with grid penalties in coop not working correctly. If only I could find the other threads on this issue ... but anyway, it doesn't seem to have been fixed. We've had this in our career twice in a row: New components, grid penalty, at race start overlapped with the another car in the last position and once one of us crossed the finish line, the other player was reported as having abandones the race.

Thank you for replying & that is SUPER weird and interesting! I have another grid penalty coming up in the next race (Singapore) so I'll post here if it happens again.

• Im playing coop with my friend, we have done 1,5 season and now we switched to top teams (RB, Merc). I won the first race and it DNFed him when i crossed the finish line, next race it happened again, basically ruining the race for him because he cant finish
  • Platform PC
  • Game-mode COOP Carrer mode
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? 2
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? yes
  • [PC ONLY] DXDiag - Micro-Star International Co., Ltd MS-7B86
Edited by AliasVlado007
  • Agree 1
  • Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79610-bug-reporting-template-all-modes/

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.

Many thanks
Barry

• A detailed description of the issue: When playing COOP with my friend, after i win the race and cross the finish line it DNFes him, basically ruining his chances for any result. It has happened in two races in a row.
  • Report Code: BASM-BJXA-HCHG-BVMG
  • Platform: PC
  • Game-mode: Co-Op Carrer mode
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? 2, Steam names : Vlad DEJOVIC, Divid
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? yes
  • [PC ONLY] DXDiag - Micro-Star International Co., Ltd MS-7B86
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? We dont know what to do, we are way too far to start our carrer again.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? 
  • How do you make the problem happen? I just win the race and it DNFed him when i cross the finish line. Didnt happen in any of the races before.
On 10/11/2021 at 3:24 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79610-bug-reporting-template-all-modes/

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.

Many thanks
Barry

done