Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WICH STAGES YOU WANT TO SEE IN FUTURE, MAYBE AS DLC?

I don't care really, I just want more rally stages and not to bothered although more obscure ones would be nice like Ireland, Belgium, Poland etc.

When we are thinking the pinnacle of rally simulators, I think it should cover the full championship. In 2016 there will be 14 WRC rallies, of which the DIRT:Rally has now 6 of them (actually only 5, because there are no Greece WRC rally in 2016).

To reply in this topic, there are no other answer else than "We need all of these below rallies into the DIRT:Rally":

1.Rallye Monte-Carlo21 - 24 January
2.Rally Sweden11 - 14 February
3.Guanajuato Rally México3 - 6 March
4.Rally Argentina21 - 24 April
5.Vodafone Rally de Portugal19 - 22 May
6.Rally Italia Sardegna9 - 12 June
7.LOTOS 73rd Rally Poland30 June - 3 July
8.Neste Oil Rally Finland28 - 31 July
9.ADAC Rallye Deutschland18 - 21 August
10.Rally China – Beijing8 - 11 September
11.Tour de Corse Rallye de France29 September - 2 October
12.RallyRACC Catalunya-Costa Daurada13 - 16 October
13.Wales Rally GB27 - 30 October
14.Coates Hire Rally Australia17 - 20 November

Please no. One of the things i dislike the most about rally games these days is that everyone tries to copy the WRC callendar. If you look at all 3 games (dirt rally, loeb rally evo and wrc5) you can see that they share 4 rallies. (Monte, sweden, finland, wales) and to me thats kinda boring. None of the games stand out properly (location vise) because they all have almost the same rallies.

Codemasters should instead make their own race callendar with new interesting countries that can hold the same characteristics. (I swear i have lost count of how many games that included sweden as the snow rally) so instead of another Sweden snow rally, why not a snow rally in Canada? USA? Norway? Russia? Finland? Latvia? Mix thing up a bit, surprise the player.

While I'm not saying that dirt cant include any of the wrc countries, i'm saying that they should try to be more uniqe in selecting their rally locations. To help them stand out more

Please no. One of the things i dislike the most about rally games these days is that everyone tries to copy the WRC callendar. If you look at all 3 games (dirt rally, loeb rally evo and wrc5) you can see that they share 4 rallies. (Monte, sweden, finland, wales) and to me thats kinda boring. None of the games stand out properly (location vise) because they all have almost the same rallies.

Codemasters should instead make their own race callendar with new interesting countries that can hold the same characteristics. (I swear i have lost count of how many games that included sweden as the snow rally) so instead of another Sweden snow rally, why not a snow rally in Canada? USA? Norway? Russia? Finland? Latvia? Mix thing up a bit, surprise the player.

While I'm not saying that dirt cant include any of the wrc countries, i'm saying that they should try to be more uniqe in selecting their rally locations. To help them stand out more

who cares about other (shitty) games having the same locations?    i don't see any kind of problem in this

personally i would like to see most much possible various environments (australia,japan,new zealand,indonesia,etc.) instead having for example 30 wales stages        but not very interested about other games having the same locations

Come on man! Seriously?
Of course it was the best that Dirt could reproduce the WRC's calendar because is that in WRC's calendar that we still found the most mythical stages of rallying. And that mytical stagas are what any fan of rallying want to be able to drive. This Sport has not become famous because of the stages of Canada or USA. Before that have Corsica, Catalunia, Portugal, Sanremo, Safari, New Zeland, Australia, Argentina, Mexico, etc...
And the argument that the other games also intend to play the same schedule is also not good, first because these reproductions, are weak, and do not reproduce in a good way the sensations, or the environment, or the rally road feeling,
And second, becouse that is the same as saying that the best was Dirt not have any WRC car's because all the other games have!
What is a Rally Sim without a WRC Car, or a Group B? Or a Group A? What is a Rally Game Without Monte Carlo, Finland, Wales, Portugal, Australia, Catalunya, etc.?

I don't care where, but I do want (and am willing to pay for) more courses. Mixed surface rally would be cool, I can see enjoying a sandy African rally. Maybe one of the American courses, like Maine or Oregon.

Please check a certain old 10 years old rally simulator game's stage mods to see what beautiful and village to village runs we can enjoy on broken tarmac and gravel in places like Czech Republic, Poland, Sweden (without snow) etc. I hope they do not stop supporting this game with new stages!

I hope the full gravel version of Pikes Peak will be published, because it belongs to the available cars of hill climbing. In the 80´s the track was still without tarmac.

GSdriver said:
I hope the full gravel version of Pikes Peak will be published, because it belongs to the available cars of hill climbing. In the 80´s the track was still without tarmac.
the gravel part is way more funny to drive :)

yes, more rallies and I will buy. Not overly bothered where although Irish stages are fun, village to village like Poland etc.

I'd like to see the Manx Rally/Isle of man or something like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7gmbQ8KxM4 

Otherwise I'm not so keen on tarmac rallys. some sort of fast loose gravel rally set outside of europe for variety's sake would be cool, like maybe Australia or something. 

Tour de Corse for sure.  It's one of the most technical rallies ever which was both respected and feared by the best of them and unfortunately cost the lives of many drivers including Toivonen and Bettega.  Seeing how the German rally is a rush through the countryside and the Monte Carlo rally is predominantly ice covered there should be a great all tarmac and technical alternative.  Alternatively I'd love to see the rally of San Remo with its dirt and tarmac mix.  

KENYA.
It was already a location in Dirt 3, and it's one of the most famous and toughest non-European rallies.
Its inclusion is a no brainer especially since it might return to the WRC.

This is not a popular topic, but I would like to see Michigan come back.  Only it needed to be done with the real stages, not the arcade additions that was in DiRT3.  There are some great stages over here, maybe a new location if needed (oregon trail rally).  Our rallys are a bit different from the rest of the world, very flat out.  

Just to stir the pot :wink: