Jump to content Jump to content

My Team season 2 driver recommendations

I'm nearly 3/4 of the way through my first My Team season and already thinking about who to hire for next season. For some context, we're currently 8th in the constructors standings with 11 points. I've scored all of them and although my teammate Lundgaard hasn't been terrible, his average finish is 17th. I'd like to hire a 2021 F1 driver for next season but would have limited options because of the cost.

I've currently got just over $5 million in the bank but would like to upgrade a facility or two before the end of the season. Of course that would depend on the drivers I might be able to hire.

Have you got any recommendations for a good but relatively cheap 2021 F1 driver?

Edited by WestHam66

Okay dokey...  firstly you will have to hire him oddly at the end off your last race before you can get any prize money..  strange I know.. so keep this in mind...

cheapest f1 drivers with highest experience I generally go for... still won’t get you any points next season but will double your resource points from your 2nd driver Schumacher jr I think is best value for money for 2nd iirc...  don’t waste mega money on a higher rating driver as he will still only finish where your team is ranked thus not scoring many points ..   Once your a top 5 team you should start looking into a higher rated driver

in tips and tricks Pinned to top off page I’ve posted a couple off long posts on how to get most from your car first few seasons off myteam that may help but it is my personal preference on how I play myteam 

Edited by ScaredDuck

Also when bidding for a second driver the more you pay him over his base salary he can spend on perks... although you can’t choose the perks he selects... if you way over pay he will select all four... but give him enough he may select acclaim or/and resource perks which will slightly benefit you

Even marzipan has a half decent experience rating.  From your posts I gather your playing the long game so no rush signing the best drivers until your regularly getting in points 

woohooo bakers is almost open... starving 

Edited by ScaredDuck
39 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Okay dokey...  firstly you will have to hire him oddly at the end off your last race before you can get any prize money..  strange I know.. so keep this in mind...

cheapest f1 drivers with highest experience I generally go for... still won’t get you any points next season but will double your resource points from your 2nd driver Schumacher jr I think is best value for money for 2nd iirc...  don’t waste mega money on a higher rating driver as he will still only finish where your team is ranked thus not scoring many points ..   Once your a top 5 team you should start looking into a higher rated driver

in tips and tricks Pinned to top off page I’ve posted a couple off long posts on how to get most from your car first few seasons off myteam that may help but it is my personal preference on how I play myteam 

Schumacher jumped out at me when I had a very quick look the other day. His pace is pretty good for the price too.

Edited by WestHam66
1 hour ago, WestHam66 said:

Schumacher jumped out at me when I had a very quick look the other day. His pace is pretty good for the price too.

It depends in how quickly you are looking to challenge for the title. I find if you hire a teammate with high experience too early you receive too many resource points (even when resource points on reduced). The game then becomes too easy and you can win the title in S2.

if your looking for a longer term project Schumacher is a good shout.

Edited by Jobling1983
1 hour ago, Jobling1983 said:

It depends in how quickly you are looking to challenge for the title. I find if you hire a teammate with high experience too early you receive too many resource points (even when resource points on reduced). The game then becomes too easy and you can win the title in S2.

if your looking for a longer term project Schumacher is a good shout.

I'm looking for something more long term. No idea how many seasons I'll complete, but I don't want to win the title by S3 - I want it to feel like a challenge.

Edited by WestHam66

Best driver to hire in game is Gasly. Especially if you have tier 2 personnel for Awareness, Racecraft and Pace he gets 100 in all three but is much cheaper than Verstappen and Bottas.

Just one reason permanent personnel stat boosts are bad in my opinion when Gasly and Bottas are better choices than Hamilton, Michael Schumacher, Senna and Prost.

If you dont want to be op then I agree with Mick and other good choices for the price are Russell, Tsunoda and considering the price, Alonso. (Why is his acclaim only 10 while Kimi is 12?)

• Agree 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I didn't sign Schumacher...

I didn't realise that drivers require you to fulfil a certain criteria before signing and Schumacher wanted spec 1 Personnel, which I didn't have. I saved some money towards the end of season 1 so I could upgrade a few things in season 2 and Personnel and Marketing were the two facilities I hadn't upgraded. 

The next best driver for the same sort of price was Giovinazzi and he accepted. Not really who I wanted as my teammate, but at least his in-game rating is certainly better than his real life reputation!

Edited by WestHam66
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, WestHam66 said:

Unfortunately I didn't sign Schumacher...

I didn't realise that drivers require you to fulfil a certain criteria before signing and Schumacher wanted spec 1 Personnel, which I didn't have. I saved some money towards the end of season 1 so I could upgrade a few things in season 2 and Personnel and Marketing were the two facilities I hadn't upgraded. 

The next best driver for the same sort of price was Giovinazzi and he accepted. Not really who I wanted as my teammate, but at least his in-game rating is certainly better than his real life reputation!

I think the requirements the drivers want are randomly generated base on their acclaim level,

I have baby Schumy as my team mate.  We’ve 1-2 last 6 races.  4 for me and 2 for him.  But I gave him Austria as it’s a Germanic country and no German gp 

On 9/24/2021 at 5:43 AM, WestHam66 said:

I'm nearly 3/4 of the way through my first My Team season and already thinking about who to hire for next season. For some context, we're currently 8th in the constructors standings with 11 points. I've scored all of them and although my teammate Lundgaard hasn't been terrible, his average finish is 17th. I'd like to hire a 2021 F1 driver for next season but would have limited options because of the cost.

I've currently got just over $5 million in the bank but would like to upgrade a facility or two before the end of the season. Of course that would depend on the drivers I might be able to hire.

Have you got any recommendations for a good but relatively cheap 2021 F1 driver?

I got Russel for season 2 . And he's doing the job . Out performing me so far 5 races in . Got a podium in Bahrain . But only cause it was a crazy race 3sc and 7 drivers Dnfs . I'll keep Russel for a few seasons as don't want to up set the driver transfers too much . 

I took Schumacher in my season season and he's been solid, if not a bit overpowered, with points in several races (almost 50 points, 12 races in). 

I kind of regret not sticking with a rookie and seeing if I could build him up. 

I managed to fluke signing Gasly halfway through my first season. By the start of the second season, he has been consistently challenging for good points in a car that had no right to be there. So much so, I expect him to be challenging for wins soon. I've tried Russell & Schumacher Jr. but surprisingly Gasly is the best value in terms of ability and cost.