Jump to content Jump to content

NASCAR 2021 Ignition Vs. F1 2021????

All,

I quit playing NASCAR games and GT Sport for the CM F1 series thinking I would find a better online racing experience several years ago. After years, I have realized CM just won't ever change the multiplayer modes for the better, some **** year after year. So in October we all have a chance to compare these two racing games. I plan on comparing the multiplayer modes of both of these games just for some fun. My own NASCAR Vs. F1 Pepsi challenge! The first thing I noticed when on the NASCAR 21 Ignition website is that it says that the game will be released with ALL THE TRACKS. NASCAR 21 has not even been released and is already ahead in this challenge if this is true and all tracks are available upon release of the NASCAR game. Any F1 players who wish to add their thoughts and add to the NASCAR 21 Vs. F1 21 "Pepsi challenge" are welcome. My gut tells me that Motorsports Games is going to win this challenge and leave CM in the dust. I say this with a heavy heart as I absolutely love F1 racing, it's supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsports racing with the best drivers in the world!!!  

All the tracks will be available at launch because the quality is poor. 

Here's Road America made by a modder for another game:

E9quBDAUcAQRN4J?format=jpg&name=medium

And here's Road America in NASCAR Ignition 2021:

E9qtv_GVoAE-nqw?format=jpg&name=medium

You add railroad AI (which can be seen in the trailers and screenshots) on top of that and you have another 57-62 Metacritic NASCAR game with poor sales. 

Compare that to Portimao in F1 2021. The track is perfect. You can see they really put in the effort instead of just throwing something together for the release of the game or porting it from 750cc Grand Prix (ZX Spectrum) because "that already had it and I read about porting on Reddit, just port it NOW". 

Also, there's no custom setups in NASCAR Ignition 2021. That should tell you how deep and detailed this game will be compared to F1 2021. 

• Like 2

@Sector4

Fair enough, poor quality or not, still all available at launch. How many tracks in total in NASCAR is my next question??? But I'm also concerned with items like getting into a lobby without 10 or 20 errors, or winning a race and all the sudden being placed a lap down and having my win taken away or setting a qualifying lap on the pole only to have someone with no time put on the pole (see picture). I do however apricate your reply/feedback.  514481271_Spa9_16_21.thumb.JPG.7c118648e3b1de7d0d5319c8fa9fdf19.JPG 

11 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Also, there's no custom setups in NASCAR Ignition 2021. That should tell you how deep and detailed this game will be compared to F1 2021. 

Came here to say this. Here is the "setup screen" of the game:

1165542752_AGallery.thumb.jpg.f32cd77a83079c0680056a717cab585e.jpg

And that's it. You either choose a "tight" car with tendency to understeer or a "loose" car with oversteering tendencies, with a few degrees in between.

@Getts0388, I'm interested in this game and if (1) they get a good handling model with proper physics and (2) a serviceable AI, I'll probably buy it down the road at a discount price. Not dissing on the game, just find it unlikely to justify getting it at full price as it will hardly tick all the checkboxes I deem relevant. 

If it does check yours, that's a reason for rejoicing not for a heavy heart. You'll keep your F1 game that you seem to be a long time player of and enjoy a new entry in the genre with a hopefully good online component.

Now the comparison of the content, I don't know if that's fair. Besides what @Sector4 said about the quality, do you happen to know how the current season calendar was structured? I don't follow the series so that's a genuine question. 

Did they get a procession of provisional calendars and had tracks confirmed as late as March 2021, four months before the release window of Codemasters's F1?

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

@marioho

First I would like to thank you for NOT writing a giant essay as your response. The last NASCAR game I did play which was whatever was the last version released was, there was "quick" setup as seen in your picture above, but you could also go into a "detailed" setup as well with just about as many options to change as F1, maybe a few less, but they were there. So I would want wait to see what is really released as far as a car setup section. As a guess, I would say NASCAR may race on as many as 30 or more different tracks across all three of main series. As for the AI, I have played NASCAR games in the past with pretty descent AI, again I would hold back on making any judgements until I play the game myself. You can never trust anything you see on the internet. As for paying full price for the game, money is not really an issue for me so weather I pay full price or less is not an issue for me. Now paying full price for a game where multiplayer doesn't work is an issue. This is what happened with F1 2021 for me or how about what F1 2021 is doing to owners of new Xboxes??? These are the types of thing I would like to compare, playability. I was just trying to get a feel for how the community feels and if I was alone on wanting to compare the two games. I would like for us all to be able to continue this conversation as adults and not bash each other. Both of you that responded to this post both have very valid points and I am willing to except them. I am hoping that maybe there is something to be learned from this so that maybe the F1 can be the best multiplayer racing series there is. Thank you for your time and sorry if this is too long!!!!

Aa long time Heat player I'm certainly looking forward to a fresh start. From what I've seen it looks promising, with some concerns as well and I'll deifnitely be checking some streams before jumping in at launch. 

This is a great Youtube channel for news and breakdowns of the various parts of the game we've seen so far and he's been hands on with it as well, although with limitations. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjTmixhvYu3JDKZPtjJ8Jjw

Career mode seems bare bones which is concerning as Heat had done very well at this on 4 and 5, online though on Heat was always atrocious so I do hope we see some improvements. 

I will look forward to your opinions as well once the game is out and we can see what we're getting. 

• Thanks 1

@zApPaDiEtRo 🤣

As I said, I don't follow the series and don't think I ever played the heat games, but Ignition has piqued my interest a while ago with the premise of being more realistic. If it's immersive as well then I'm a prospective buyer for sure! As it stands though, that's probably a "buy at a discount price later" kind of title for me. A shallow career mode on top of a very limited setup interface doesn't strike my chords.

@KNT2011 thanks for the heads up. Already saved a few videos on my Watch Later playlist. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
8 minutes ago, marioho said:

@zApPaDiEtRo 🤣

As I said, I don't follow the series and don't think I ever played the heat games, but Ignition has piqued my interest a while ago with the premise of being more realistic. If it's immersive as well then I'm a prospective buyer for sure! As it stands though, that's probably a "buy at a discount price later" kind of title for me. A shallow career mode on top of a very limited setup interface doesn't strike my chords.

@KNT2011 thanks for the heads up. Already saved a few videos on my Watch Later playlist. 

Heat 4 and 5 has basically the same career mode, I think you'd really enjoy it mate. Be a driver with a full character creation suite, start at the very bottom series in the dirt, go on to build your own team, do your own liveries and sponsorships across all of the series, and get video messages and things from the real drivers when you hit certain milestones as well as them kicking off about you crashing them out in hilarious twitter style messages, it's a blast. Can probably pick up one or the other on sale at the mo. 

• Like 1

Pepsi only won the Pepsi challenge because it was sweeter than  Coke.... Thereby as humans we automatically like the first taste off something sweeter.... but long term we prefer something alittle less sweeter.

Hence the huge backlash against Coca Cola when it tried a new recipe which it back tracked on soon after and installed coke as the worlds favourite and one off the very few brands that transcends all cultures and societies.

However it is still mega sweet. 

Fun fact only country that it’s sold in where coke isn’t number 1 is Scotland... where irn bru reigns supreme.  However that was before irn bru reduced its sugar content... And knowing Scots love for all things unhealthy that may have changed 

I wish I was smart enough to respond with intelligence @mariohodoes 😁

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 12:37 PM, Getts0388 said:

All,

I quit playing NASCAR games and GT Sport for the CM F1 series thinking I would find a better online racing experience several years ago. After years, I have realized CM just won't ever change the multiplayer modes for the better, some **** year after year. So in October we all have a chance to compare these two racing games. I plan on comparing the multiplayer modes of both of these games just for some fun. My own NASCAR Vs. F1 Pepsi challenge! The first thing I noticed when on the NASCAR 21 Ignition website is that it says that the game will be released with ALL THE TRACKS. NASCAR 21 has not even been released and is already ahead in this challenge if this is true and all tracks are available upon release of the NASCAR game. Any F1 players who wish to add their thoughts and add to the NASCAR 21 Vs. F1 21 "Pepsi challenge" are welcome. My gut tells me that Motorsports Games is going to win this challenge and leave CM in the dust. I say this with a heavy heart as I absolutely love F1 racing, it's supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsports racing with the best drivers in the world!!!  

You can't compare them. They're miles apart in both the actual sport and the games. The only thing in common is that they're racing games.

You also have to be a huge fan in order to buy these games at full price. I got Heat 5 Ultimate Edition for £10 brand new so I'm not complaining at all.  

Edited by Sonic6L

Been made with assistance from people from iracing and anybody who has played so called SIM games from pc know that there ai is not it's strong point . Pc2 , ACC , both have terrible ai so wouldn't hold out much hope for this either hope I'm wrong as I actually fancy a oval racing game. But after my experience with heat 5 I'm definitely put off and waiting to see it on release and see if the ai are any good . Expectations are low tho sadly .

On 9/24/2021 at 10:56 AM, marioho said:

@zApPaDiEtRo 🤣

Since Motorsport games (or whatever they call themselves)  essentially took over the Heat game and have rebuilt it I would suspect the setup settings will be the same as in the Heat series.  If you aren't familiar with it; the game has essentially two play modes.   I forget the real names, but think of it as Beginner and advanced.  In the "easy" mode your car setups are limited to tight, loose, balanced.  In the advanced mode you get the full customization of settings.  air pressures, camber, weight balance etc. etc.   It just depends on the way you're playing the game.  As a nascar game, I feel they prefer to cater them to the "arcade" fans and kids to maximize sales to pay for all the licensing fees for 40 teams, sponsors etc, and that's not even including all the minor sponsors in the game on each car.  They have always had more advanced setup options.  If these guys took that out of the game the same way they took out the Xfinity and Trucks series (and all the accompanying tracks for each series that aren't in the cup series) then I'd be surprised.    Theyve talked about making the cars and handling more realistic so I highly doubt that means they've completely removed custom setup options.  It just depends on the game mode you are playing in, basic, or realistic.  Or... whatever they're calling it.  I could be wrong, but that's how Heat always was, and this is basically just the same game built on a new engine if I'm not mistaken.  I haven't paid alot of attention to its development; but I'm pretty certain the advanced settings will still be there since they're touting realism.

Edited by petro1319
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
13 minutes ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

STILL NEXT TO YA!

Holy ship, I don't want that spotter... :classic_rolleyes:

The interface/HUD looks so much better in that than in Heat 5. I won't rush out and buy it but looks to be a big improvement over Heat 5. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Agree 1

Yeah after initially being excited about this and generally supportive of what the company is trying to do with racing games, cringing hard at some of the recent footage, particularly from Texas as posted above. 

It's not looking better than Heat to me at this stage, barely any AI movement and that spotter is straight out of a 2005 Ps2 title and is not remotely realistic. 

I'll need to see some lets plays before deciding on this for sure and I'm tempted just to reinstall Heat instead. 

Since we know career is barebones, there's no minor series and it looks like pretty weak presentation or they just haven't shown much of it yet, the online modes better be a massive improvement. 

• Like 1
On 10/11/2021 at 2:18 PM, Naxlr said:

Been made with assistance from people from iracing 

This isn't true pal. it's being made with the assistance from the people that made RFactor2, Motorsport Games bought that dev studio at some point this year IIRC. Rumours are they bought the RF2 studio to use their engine for the BTCC game as well as Nascar '21. 

Edit:

https://motorsportgames.com/motorsport-games-completes-acquisition-of-studio-397-and-confirms-it-will-bring-rfactor-2-powered-physics-to-forthcoming-nascar-game-on-consoles/

Edited by Sonic6L

Apologies I briefly read that a pc SIM studio hot involved . Either way I keeping a eye on this game as heat 5 was ok but had issues that hurt it . Early footage of this looks graphically decent but looks buggy as seems the norm these days. Probably be a Xmas deal purchase ie half price range ...

On 10/21/2021 at 9:52 AM, Naxlr said:

Apologies I briefly read that a pc SIM studio hot involved . Either way I keeping a eye on this game as heat 5 was ok but had issues that hurt it . Early footage of this looks graphically decent but looks buggy as seems the norm these days. Probably be a Xmas deal purchase ie half price range ...

What issues did you find in Heat 5? I haven't found any, but granted I haven't played it a lot, maybe 6-10 hours max. 

I'm just hoping Motorsport Games makes a good BTCC game. 

• Agree 1

Just same as my most if not all racing games just on rails ai . Did full road America and full Watkins glen race and every apex every lap they just perfect so puts me off . Plus it seems to have ride 4 issue of one driver in every race just been far faster than the others so don't really get any close battles up front . Hope ignition is good to but it looking buggy etc . But apparently it not the release version that is been shown at minute but still definitely holding off for few months as my experience with this game has put me rite off buying games new .. Six months, multiple patches and half price is my plan ....

• Agree 2
54 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Just same as my most if not all racing games just on rails ai . Did full road America and full Watkins glen race and every apex every lap they just perfect so puts me off . Plus it seems to have ride 4 issue of one driver in every race just been far faster than the others so don't really get any close battles up front . Hope ignition is good to but it looking buggy etc . But apparently it not the release version that is been shown at minute but still definitely holding off for few months as my experience with this game has put me rite off buying games new .. Six months, multiple patches and half price is my plan ....

My strategy for all games I buy these days... and it seems to becoming more popular amongst gamers... developers reaping what they sow

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, MikeV27 said:

Ignition seems like a flop

Was watching a career mode lets play yesterday and there's barely anything there. Even if you take out lower series, owning your own team, hiring drivers and doing paint schemes etc. which we knew would be gone.. just race after race with no feel of racing on a team, it's still the drivers name on the car whose place 'you' took! Seriously. There stats for 'stage wins' but stage racing isn't in the game. It's just full of this taped together and hope for the best design. And this is meant to be the foundation for the future of the series? Yikes. 

20 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Was watching a career mode lets play yesterday and there's barely anything there. Even if you take out lower series, owning your own team, hiring drivers and doing paint schemes etc. which we knew would be gone.. just race after race with no feel of racing on a team, it's still the drivers name on the car whose place 'you' took! Seriously. There stats for 'stage wins' but stage racing isn't in the game. It's just full of this taped together and hope for the best design. And this is meant to be the foundation for the future of the series? Yikes. 

Change your picture back..... 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1