Jump to content Jump to content

NASCAR 2021 Ignition Vs. F1 2021????

I feel like the fairer question would be how does this compare to F1 2015 as clearly they’re trying to build a new foundation with NASCAR 21 Ignition. To be fair F1 2015 had its fair share of bugs and issues as well and was also lacking in a lot of features. I’m sure as the nascar series grows each year the game will get more solid as the F1 games mostly have.

@zApPaDiEtRo the main communities around GT I follow are on Reddit and seems to me they're quite hyped about it. Glad that a seemingly deep career mode is on the works again, for starters. It being announced as a cross gen title was met with the expected disappointment though.

• Agree 1
49 minutes ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

@ScaredDuckSaw you're onPS4, same as me. Future looks almost bleak for us (racing-games-wise), next is GT7 coming in March, but, what's the hype about it so far? Yamauchi teasing the return of Deep Forest? I really don't know what to think... :classic_unsure:

Nope on ps5 but typically codies havnt updates the menu options. So can’t select ps5 😁

Was on PS4.  Getting ps5 was the reason I bought this game on launch as it came out the same week I managed to get hold off a ps5. gt7 id getted hyped about if they actually make it a racing game where the ai actually race

Edited by ScaredDuck
6 minutes ago, marioho said:

@zApPaDiEtRo the main communities around GT I follow are on Reddit and seems to me they're quite hyped about it. Glad that a seemingly deep career mode is on the works again, for starters. It being announced as a cross gen title was met with the expected disappointment though.

The deep career is making me want it.  Must admit I do enjoy car collecting 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, marioho said:

I used to be on gtplanet, not any more since August: my posts getting too many ezgif-2-0fcafe16458a.gif.8166a9b33b3339656840579c63b10214.gifs...

Well, actually just 13. And 10 all in one where I criticized the introduction of the poo emoji in the forum.

Guess who was the first to react that way?

1698656756_Screenshot(11).png.4e963474be56b5fa0a1db172dec0353e.png

:classic_laugh:

Edited by zApPaDiEtRo
  • Haha 2
23 hours ago, marioho said:

the game has likely been built for and using PS4, certainly by the looks of the trailer I'd say that's the case. A lot may need to temper their expectations with it, I don't believe it's a full next gen release.. and it shouldn't be, frankly, the audience isn't there. 

I do think we'll see either a version 2.0 or a new version of GT sport in 2/3 years which will be exclusive to PS5, it's a long game plan and the right move IMO even if it will annoy some in March, it'll guarantee huge numbers piling into the game and filling the online modes. 

when Kaz says it does everything GT Sport does and a lot more, we should really take that as 'it's GT Sport with a single player expansion', and that's not a disappointment to me personally. 

Edited by KNT2011
  • Agree 1
On 10/23/2021 at 12:07 PM, zApPaDiEtRo said:

This guy is telling it like it is:

https://www.youtube.com/c/schildhouse/videos

It's good to see creators starting to speak out, for too many it's their livelihood so they have to support a game, good or bad, and that's no use to us. 

It's honestly quite a sad state of affairs but that's a different conversation. 

Game looks really bad right now. 

• Agree 1
On 10/22/2021 at 4:20 PM, ScaredDuck said:

My strategy for all games I buy these days... and it seems to becoming more popular amongst gamers... developers reaping what they sow

You can still buy fairly close to release, you just need to find a fair YT reviewer and obviously depends how badly you want the game. ACG Gaming and Gameranx are ones that I use and they're bang on with their reviews. 

I have never trusted IGN or Gamespot before anyone mentions them. 

• Disagree 1

Couple of positives looking at the ignition gameplay. No track map that a good thing for me as I dislike them and heat 5 you couldn't turn it off and no racing line forced on in practice as I seriously dislike them and  heat 5 forced you to use it in practice and time trial . But it needs button customisation options as doing 100 plus laps on ovals is going to wear my r2 button out so as f1 I use the right stick as accelate and break so saves my pad life .... But seems to be lacking in modes and career mode looks bare bones and asking 75 pound for it is ridiculous . So keep a eye on it and pick it up when it 20 pound ...

Edited by Naxlr
46 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

But it needs button customisation options as doing 100 plus laps on ovals is going to wear my r2 button out so as f1 I use the right stick as accelate and break so saves my pad life ....

I've never seen a Nascar game with that option, would love it, I've always used the right stick to accelerate and brake. Though for 100 full throttle laps at Talladega I'd definitely need something like this:

1b59fa51445aae3fb2f7a65d281ef1c5.png.0e522e878f0e959611c64d9dad07926e.png

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

I've never seen a Nascar game with that option, would love it, I've always used the right stick to accelerate and brake. Though for 100 full throttle laps at Talladega I'd definitely need something like this:

1b59fa51445aae3fb2f7a65d281ef1c5.png.0e522e878f0e959611c64d9dad07926e.png

I definitely need these for my  left thumb

3 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

I definitely need these for my  left thumb

Those things must be tried on, I think I'll go to my pharmacist with the DS4 and see how and if they work. Looking forward to the queue of covid customers in the street waiting half an hour before I decide which is better for me fingers. 🤘

• Haha 1

@zApPaDiEtRo how's the texture when in contact with sensitive bits? Asking for a friend.

Saw some reviews today. Looks like it was sensible to keep expectations low. Quite barebones. Would still like to see a more in-depth look in the driving handling and setups, but so far looks like a game I won't even bother on a low price. I'll be sitting on this until the next iterations. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

How much can a day 1 patch improve it ? Not enough is my guess . Yet people will of pre ordered and then cry that it's trash . I like the idea of oval racing and heat 5 is ok so yes I'll definitely be waiting till many patches and serious price drop and see were it's at . 

1 hour ago, marioho said:

@zApPaDiEtRo how's the texture when in contact with sensitive bits? Asking for a friend.

Saw some reviews today. Looks like it was sensible to keep expectations low. Quite barebones. Would still like to see a more in-depth look in the driving handling and setups, but so far looks like a game I won't even bother on a low price. I'll be sitting on this until the next iterations. 

Don’t make out your asking for me...

you’ve been messaging me like crazy about how excited you are to get this game😁

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

You mean for nose-picking? :classic_blush: No clue, when at the pharmacy I'll try that first hand too.

I think he means more sensitive BITS than that😂

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1