Jump to content Jump to content

Engine management

Just a quick one this time:

How about the option to set the standard fuel mode for each race (and therefore qualifying) so the actual power output but in exchange for wear. The game would ask right before you go out in qualifying, before the Parc Ferme pop up appears.

Minimum           Balanced               Maximum

Power            ~96%                 ~98%                     100%                    

Wear             ~93%                  ~96.5%                  100%

Heat              ~90%                 ~95%                     100%           

Minimum recommended for high downforce tracks like Monaco, Hungary or Singapore (less impact of lower power and therefore a good opportunity to save wear)

Balanced recommended for all "standard" tracks like Spain, Silverstone or Suzuka (Power matters but is not everything)

Maximum recommended for the most power dependable tracks like Monza (possibly Spa, Austria etc.)

AI could use balanced for all tracks and only maximum for Monza and minimum for Monaco.

Edited by Meza994
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4
37 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

Good idea but is there something similiar in real life? Do the teams really reduce the amount of power for a specific GP? In general they try to find every piece of a tenth for every GP.

Since last year there is.. At least for the ICE imo they had to take one engine mode for the whole qualifying and race.. They had to find a sweet spot between power and reliability, if they were running near full power for the whole race and quali they would be faster but engines would die after 3 races

• Agree 1
19 hours ago, Meza994 said:

Since last year there is.. At least for the ICE imo they had to take one engine mode for the whole qualifying and race.. They had to find a sweet spot between power and reliability, if they were running near full power for the whole race and quali they would be faster but engines would die after 3 races

Jap because of this rule change, I remember. But do the teams really change the amount of power from the engine every race and do they really split this between the two drivers of their teams? I have never read a comment, where someone mentioned sth like "well Bottas drove well, but he hadn't a chance to beat hamilton because of less engine power given from the team". I never heard a driver saying, that less engine power given from team (not from engine failure) was the reason why he was beaten by his teammate. And we all know that drivers often relate to technical failures, when someone asks, why they were slower. 

I don't think that there is an power adjustment strategy. I think the teams try to find the strongest power mode possible every race and this is already given in the game with its standard mode. 

42 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

Jap because of this rule change, I remember. But do the teams really change the amount of power from the engine every race and do they really split this between the two drivers of their teams? I have never read a comment, where someone mentioned sth like "well Bottas drove well, but he hadn't a chance to beat hamilton because of less engine power given from the team". I never heard a driver saying, that less engine power given from team (not from engine failure) was the reason why he was beaten by his teammate. And we all know that drivers often relate to technical failures, when someone asks, why they were slower. 

I don't think that there is an power adjustment strategy. I think the teams try to find the strongest power mode possible every race and this is already given in the game with its standard mode. 

They probably dont but i could imagine different settings for situations like Sochi when one gets a new engine but starts at the back.. Point is they could and it would bring more to the entire durability and only standard fuel mix situation and its based on the real life rules so why not😄

You can believe me when i say they NEVER use the strongest setting! Not even when they allowed Hamilton to use more power to chase down Leclerc in Silverstone, it was more power than before but not maximum. It was a discussion last year among commentators what compromise between power and reliability the teams would choose but of course they choose it in general for both drivers the same