Jump to content Jump to content

Just finished Breaking Point

I just finished breaking point and I must say I really liked it. Great, but predictable story.

I know no-one buys the game for this short story, but it was a welcome addition. Let's see if they can come up with something new for 2022. (assuming all 2021 bugs have been fixed of course)

I just wish there was a level between 'normal ' and 'challenging'. Normal was almost too easy, and challenging was a bit too difficult for me.  

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, searSingray157 said:

I just finished breaking point and I must say I really liked it. Great, but predictable story.

I know no-one buys the game for this short story, but it was a welcome addition. Let's see if they can come up with something new for 2022. (assuming all 2021 bugs have been fixed of course)

I just wish there was a level between 'normal ' and 'challenging'. Normal was almost too easy, and challenging was a bit too difficult for me.  

Well done for sticking with it and completing... I deleted it after first season.  I couldn’t get into the story... As it was predictable and Couldn’t empathise with the characters like I did when fifa did a story mode... 

get what you mean with the difficulty 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1

Just didn't do it for me and knowing how much I do not want to touch the mode again I applaud you for gutting it out to the entirely predictable ending. 

Grid Legends looks better as it's live acted and at the very least will be unintentionally hilarious, if F1 is going to keep these things, at least make it interesting and something different. 

Somehow it actually worse than the madden story mode at least in that you finish the story and you continue on with your character through a  franchise ie getting drafted, dropped , progress your player, multi year career etc . But this has zero replay ability and the characters are just not likeable etc. And grid legends I read has power gates which probably sounds very much arcadey and NFS like which is not a good thing to be compared to . And hope it has better handling than grid did every car just drifted even open wheel cars ...

I completed it .enjoyed the story bit . Brought something different . But I was disappointed with the ending off it . I thought at end you could take over as jack . And sign with one off the top teams . And finish the 8 full seasons off . Good idea just poorly made in my view . And the last chapter after the race was disappointed . With it did jack get signed by Merc . 

Strange, I never finished it. After the drivers were swapped, i did quit it. It felt like they had a larger story to tell, but had to find a way to shorten it by -75% due to budget or time contraints.

The only thing left from it are the awesome quality of the CGI scenes, which we really should have for our podiums and interviews meanwhile...

21 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Strange, I never finished it. After the drivers were swapped, i did quit it. It felt like they had a larger story to tell, but had to find a way to shorten it by -75% due to budget or time contraints.

The only thing left from it are the awesome quality of the CGI scenes, which we really should have for our podiums and interviews meanwhile...

I quit mine when you swapped drivers.... I thought you was ment to be the young up and coming driver... Then when I became  the veteran any interest I had left just left me and off to my team I went.... FIFA’s story mode was far from perfect... But the actual story was captivating and that was what I was expecting but wasn’t to be

Just playing devils advocate, but it's only really been poorly received on here.  I highly doubt this forum was really the target audience for this mode so the feedback from this tiny corner of the internet probably won't deter them from persevering with this mode.  On other forums, and general feedback, people seemed to like it.  It's possible that a fair few people on here liked it but don't comment saying they do as they see the amount of negativity it gets and don't really want to argue against the hordes. 

People on here seem to have different preferences to the mode but it may be a fools game to think that the opinions on here are indicative of the entire playerbase as a whole. Therefore i'd expect them to continue with the mode in future iterations (i'd say probably next year, but even possible that 2023, will be the next one now).  It's possible it'll be next years but they flick between two teams, I believe and it may be that one team focuses on experience improvements (like this) and the other on gameplay improvements (like MyTeam). 

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Just playing devils advocate, but it's only really been poorly received on here.  I highly doubt this forum was really the target audience for this mode so the feedback from this tiny corner of the internet probably won't deter them from persevering with this mode.  On other forums, and general feedback, people seemed to like it.  It's possible that a fair few people on here liked it but don't comment saying they do as they see the amount of negativity it gets and don't really want to argue against the hordes. 

People on here seem to have different preferences to the mode but it may be a fools game to think that the opinions on here are indicative of the entire playerbase as a whole. Therefore i'd expect them to continue with the mode in future iterations (i'd say probably next year, but even possible that 2023, will be the next one now).  It's possible it'll be next years but they flick between two teams, I believe and it may be that one team focuses on experience improvements (like this) and the other on gameplay improvements (like MyTeam). 

Most reviews I read were supportive of the idea but criticised the story for lacking any edge, which is something I hope they take on board as I'm not against the idea on it's own but what they delivered was boring as hell. 

• Agree 1
21 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Most reviews I read were supportive of the idea but criticised the story for lacking any edge, which is something I hope they take on board as I'm not against the idea on it's own but what they delivered was boring as hell. 

I went through it to the end and thought it was okay.  Like, I wasn't expecting to like it so it's not a big disappointment that I found it abit meh but it's always good when new things are at least offered. Hopefully, their next big idea is one that i'd find more exciting but at least they're not just settling for what they've already output and capping it there.

On the flip side, though. It depends what we had to sacrifice in order to get Braking Point.  Like, classic cars, the smaller tracks and championships have gone.   It doesn't necessarily mean they were curtailed for the inclusion of BP, but if they were, then i'd be more anti-BP than I am at the moment, as it really wasn't worth losing things over. 

Fifa storyline which I can’t remember for the life off me what it’s called... gave you the impression you had control over the characters journey... you really didn’t.. apart from the occasional different cut scene... you ended up at the same place no matter what...  But the story was so well written I didn’t care... Think I was expecting more off the same from braking point.