Jump to content Jump to content

I'm done with this game

Buggy mess that after 10 patches, is still unplayable online on Xbox, which is the main reason I bought it. Codemasters don't even seem to care.

- Always have issues getting everyone into the game session (usually between 3-8 of us at a time).

- Getting 'kicked' into standalone session mid quali, resulting in need to rejoin for the race, removing the ability to amend strategy. 

- AI just stop on track, often 3/4 wide, as soon as flying lap is done. Resulting in many unrealistic AI penalties and unnecessary user penalties when the inevitable happens. 

- Varying race results between users in same session.

- Idiotic AI driving into you on a straight.

- Broken penalty system that will NEVER be fixed.

- Thrustmaster wheels that worked perfectly in the last game bug out after 30 mins and lose FFB. 

I'm sure there are more, these are just the ones I encountered tonight... This game is worse than Cyberpunk was, but due to the more niche player base, sneaks under the media radar

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

Absolutely.  While I'm happy I can finally apparently play the game without it freezing and crashing/powering off my XB-SX the game is still a complete mess.  Thankfully for me I play offline, with a pad for the most part so the other issues you point out there aren't hitting me, but it really does feel like these guys didn't even program this game for, or test this game on the Xbox platform at all.  It's been a complete mess from the start.

That beign said though; still having just as much fun as I did with F12020 last year but thats likely just because I play offline

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

It's just sad mate cos as primarily an online player, at the moment I don't want to play the game. 

My experience with those modes just puts me off starting any kind of single player mode as well, driver transfers a mess if you start a career, it just isn't something I look forward to checking in on at all. 

I wanted to do the weekly event yesterday which was okay for me for the most part, but filling in time around my two attempts I was trying to do some normal online races and it was a total ballache throughout. I never got a race with more than 5 players which is just embarrassing for the game when you consider it should have been a peak time for numbers online. 

I pre-ordered this based on my 2020 experience which while not perfect, at least worked as designed and gave me regular 15+ car battles in Ranked. I don't understand why this wasn't at the very least the starting point for 2021., what has gone wrong here?

Edited by KNT2011
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

This will also be my last F1 game. It's just such a tragic release, almost everything is broken un some way and every time I play it some sort of bug or glitch occurs. A waste of time and money.

4 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

It's just sad mate cos as primarily an online player, at the moment I don't want to play the game. 

My experience with those modes just puts me off starting any kind of single player mode as well, driver transfers a mess if you start a career, it just isn't something I look forward to checking in on at all. 

I wanted to do the weekly event yesterday which was okay for me for the most part, but filling in time around my two attempts I was trying to do some normal online races and it was a total ballache throughout. I never got a race with more than 5 players which is just embarrassing for the game when you consider it should have been a peak time for numbers online. 

I pre-ordered this based on my 2020 experience which while not perfect, at least worked as designed and gave me regular 15+ car battles in Ranked. I don't understand why this wasn't at the very least the starting point for 2021., what has gone wrong here?

My team transfer don’t seem as much as a problem as career..  providing you keep away from signing established drivers....  Think it has to do with your not unsettling the order off things by taking a seat in a established team...  And I know there are still problems offline... But for most part from my experience on ps5 they have been sorted and I am enjoying this years to lasts..

That said I get you to want to play online and online keep ******* up is killing any enthusiasm for the game you had left.  

9 minutes ago, Blent said:

Absolutely not.

The modern sports game market is saturated with game franchises that have incredibly underwhelming and underbaked singleplayer modes as a direct result of too much emphasis on the online side of things.

FIFA, Pro Evo, Madden, NHL, NASCAR games - even 2K basketball is suffering from the developers prioritising online moneymaking modes over the core singleplayer experience. The absolute last thing we want is for EA to do to F1 what they have to their other sports game franchises.

And, besides, you could have the best multiplayer structure of any racing game and your online fun would still be at the mercy of the other people you're racing with.

If someone wants to divebomb you and ruin your race, they still will. People want drive around in reverse or let you lap them only to take you out, they still will.

Even when you have players trying to race fairly, mistakes will happen and you'll keep getting accidents that will render a whole week of practice a waste of time. How is that possibly fun?

I'm sorry that your online experience isn't great, but don't start calling for those of us who race mostly offline to stop being catered to when this is one of the only sports game franchises that actually tries to give us an immersive gameplay experience to enjoy.

For someone to be able to dive bomb you, you need to be in a lobby with other players first, something that is a constant struggle to even achieve. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2
34 minutes ago, Blent said:

Absolutely not.

The modern sports game market is saturated with game franchises that have incredibly underwhelming and underbaked singleplayer modes as a direct result of too much emphasis on the online side of things.

FIFA, Pro Evo, Madden, NHL, NASCAR games - even 2K basketball is suffering from the developers prioritising online moneymaking modes over the core singleplayer experience. The absolute last thing we want is for EA to do to F1 what they have to their other sports game franchises.

And, besides, you could have the best multiplayer structure of any racing game and your online fun would still be at the mercy of the other people you're racing with.

If someone wants to divebomb you and ruin your race, they still will. People want drive around in reverse or let you lap them only to take you out, they still will.

Even when you have players trying to race fairly, mistakes will happen and you'll keep getting accidents that will render a whole week of practice a waste of time. How is that possibly fun?

I'm sorry that your online experience isn't great, but don't start calling for those of us who race mostly offline to stop being catered to when this is one of the only sports game franchises that actually tries to give us an immersive gameplay experience to enjoy.

Agree with you buddy... once i. Was a online player in ps3 days but with age getting roasted by kids is not something my manliness can handle... so gave up online and prefer to play offline... but honestly the last offline games I enjoyed were a few years back now.... it’s case off rinse and repeat.... and don’t get me started off ******* zombies.... never liked them in the first place but every game except sports games has them... won’t be long before sports genres shoehorn them in

suppose we are in the dark ages off gaming.

Remember watching a Star Wars documentary.  And George was saying before Star Wars came out.. the big studios were being over taken by cooperations who had no idea off how and what type off films to produce.   So they eventually started looking at new talent with new ideas to invest in ie George Lucas.   

Edited by ScaredDuck
41 minutes ago, Blent said:

Absolutely not.

i think people a bit overreacting with this desync online and the game is unplayable,yes there is desync but most of the time with people from Australia,China,Usa,and some other regions,but if i play with people in same region like EU normaly is prety ok

10 minutes ago, Massa88 said:

i think people a bit overreacting with this desync online and the game is unplayable,yes there is desync but most of the time with people from Australia,China,Usa,and some other regions,but if i play with people in same region like EU normaly is prety ok

As with most things it’s the minority who shout the loudest... but I wouldn’t say it’s an over reaction... when you buy something it you expect it and it Should work as advertised.  Without dedicated servers it makes sense closer people are to each other the better it will work...  I used to play rainbow six Vegas 2 online which didn’t have dedicated servers either, all the time with an American clan... me being in the uk... was majority off the time I topped the scoreboards and was always accused by others off something called glitching have no idea off how to do that on purpose.   But basically they found it hard to kill me

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

when you buy something it you expect it and it Should work as advertised. 

This is exactly it. I don't care about people's opinions on online play, it's totally irrelevant if someone personally enjoys it or not, there are a lot of us who do and we deserve a working product just like the rest of the playerbase. 

It doesn't have to be at the expense of anything or anyone else, it worked on 2020, it should work now, and we are allowed to vent on it if it doesn't. 

• Agree 5
1 hour ago, Massa88 said:

I don't think I'm overreacting when literally every online session my friends and I try to play is interrupted with bugs and glitches. We're all UK based and play many games together regularly, so see no reason there would be any issue with this game, yet we cannot have a clean session without at least one of the previously mentioned issues. 

In relation to online vs offline, I like to play both and don't want to see one prioritised over another, however they've clearly spent more time on the offline side of things this year so that the popularity of series run by the likes of aarava / tiametmarduk etc can continue to get them positive feedback, when those of us who like to race in groups are left to suffer. *Online is such a mess, I just can't bring myself to start an offline career. We've even resorted to running a league via an external app which we'll play on 2020 and swap over if by some miracle they actually fix the game. Never wanted my money back following a game purchase more. 

Edited by Rango
Typo
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, fredlev said:

I'm also done with this game. Its a total mess. They should just reproduce the 2020 version and change car liveries and it would have been better. They broke every thing they touched.

I suggested this during 2020, that due to the sweeping changes needed for 2022, they should release 2021 as DLC / update for 2020 and concentrate more resources on building '22 from scratch to work properly, kinda how irl f1 has been, because each year for the last few have just been a bolt-on to the last title, without really fixing detrimental problems. It's clear that the starting point for 2021 was nowhere near the standard of the finished 2020 game. While i will say that the handling actually feels more realistic, everything else just let's it down too much. I fear that with the next title being the first EA will have a large hand in, and being important license-wise due to the 2022 F1 changes in general, the pressure will be immense, which as we all know leads to trash on release. 

• Agree 2
29 minutes ago, Rango said:

I suggested this during 2020, that due to the sweeping changes needed for 2022, they should release 2021 as DLC / update for 2020 and concentrate more resources on building '22 from scratch to work properly, kinda how irl f1 has been, because each year for the last few have just been a bolt-on to the last title, without really fixing detrimental problems. It's clear that the starting point for 2021 was nowhere near the standard of the finished 2020 game. While i will say that the handling actually feels more realistic, everything else just let's it down too much. I fear that with the next title being the first EA will have a large hand in, and being important license-wise due to the 2022 F1 changes in general, the pressure will be immense, which as we all know leads to trash on release. 

I watched a YouTuber that said something similar to this:

In order for F1 to get better, there needs to be competition in the market as far as the games are concerned. Maybe CM/EA need to lose the license to see if anyone can make a better game. Maybe then EA/CM will pull their finger out and make something better than what we currently have. 

And I totally agree. 

On 9/26/2021 at 6:44 PM, Rango said:

Buggy mess that after 10 patches, is still unplayable online on Xbox, which is the main reason I bought it. Codemasters don't even seem to care.

- Always have issues getting everyone into the game session (usually between 3-8 of us at a time).

- Getting 'kicked' into standalone session mid quali, resulting in need to rejoin for the race, removing the ability to amend strategy. 

- AI just stop on track, often 3/4 wide, as soon as flying lap is done. Resulting in many unrealistic AI penalties and unnecessary user penalties when the inevitable happens. 

- Varying race results between users in same session.

- Idiotic AI driving into you on a straight.

- Broken penalty system that will NEVER be fixed.

- Thrustmaster wheels that worked perfectly in the last game bug out after 30 mins and lose FFB. 

I'm sure there are more, these are just the ones I encountered tonight... This game is worse than Cyberpunk was, but due to the more niche player base, sneaks under the media radar

Should of bought a playstation.

Edited by ChicagoSeminole
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 2
1 hour ago, Rango said:

I’ve still got and play the other years fifa... I transfer the big name signings and switch and change relegated teams... It’s not the best fifa. But then I can’t remember the last good fifa.  But I’m quite content with it... if I get the new one it won’t be until after January transfer window closes and get it with all player updates at half the price.... A dlc this year would have worked with loyal customers knowing the pressures out on them over the last 18 months or so

I just wonder if it was codemasters who decided to release. Knowing the state it was in or were they pushed into it by EA.  As offline play on ps5 is stable for most part. And because off the effect covid has had.  Im giving them the benefit off doubt..

Although codemasters  I’ve pretty much grown up with and that they were/are British I’ve always had them on a pedestal. I’m gutted they have let so many people down.  

Edited by ScaredDuck