Jump to content Jump to content

I'm done with this game

3 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

Fazackerley ....... now we really are talking ,  it sounds like a cliché but things really were better in the past when racing games were actually about racing .

When I were a lad 

Good old days😁

On 9/27/2021 at 2:22 AM, KNT2011 said:

It's just sad mate cos as primarily an online player, at the moment I don't want to play the game. 

My experience with those modes just puts me off starting any kind of single player mode as well, driver transfers a mess if you start a career, it just isn't something I look forward to checking in on at all. 

I wanted to do the weekly event yesterday which was okay for me for the most part, but filling in time around my two attempts I was trying to do some normal online races and it was a total ballache throughout. I never got a race with more than 5 players which is just embarrassing for the game when you consider it should have been a peak time for numbers online. 

I pre-ordered this based on my 2020 experience which while not perfect, at least worked as designed and gave me regular 15+ car battles in Ranked. I don't understand why this wasn't at the very least the starting point for 2021., what has gone wrong here?

Oh don't even get me started on the driver transfer's fiasco.  It's a complete mess; you're right.  It's such a simple solution too; just give the player the option to control it.  If the player is satisfied with the games odd changes; they leave it alone.  If not; they can over rule it.   If there was some decent logic built behind transfers it would be tolerable; but it just relies on team acclaim and driver acclaim only it appears and that's what causes the mess.  One simply move, will always trigger others unnecessarily just so the game can match driver and team acclaim ratings.   Just give the player control; problem solved.

I still believe the biggest game breaking issue that frustrates me the most is the lack of career save slots.  3 slots between driver career and my team is just... not enough and it's just completely insane that they limited it.  Are we back to playing with floppy disks again because that's the last time I remember having save slot limits like that.  It's crazy.

Clean those up and I'd be a happy camper since I play offline mostly but that doesn't mean all the other issues get a pass, just means I can live with them.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, ChicagoSeminole said:

Should of bought a playstation.

Childish. No need for console wars here.

This hardly solves the problem as the issue here is the game itself; not the console it's being used on.  You do you though. 🙄

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 1
6 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

Xbox is rubbish and you know it.

Child; I have both and I don't really care to compare them because i enjoy them both.  Now; isn't your daddy calling you upstairs because your lunch is ready?  Grow up; seriously.  We're here to talk about the game, not consoles.   Take that nonsense elsewhere because this has nothing to do with a console; it's a game issue.

Edited by petro1319
1 minute ago, petro1319 said:

Child; I have both and I don't really care to compare them because i enjoy them both.  Now; isn't your daddy calling you upstairs because your lunch is ready?  Grow up; seriously.  We're here to talk about the game, not consoles.   Take that nonsense elsewhere because this has nothing to do with a console; it's a game issue.

You're supposed to laugh ...........you're taking it all too seriously ,  what counts is if the game you're playing works on the hardware you are using no matter who makes it.

Personally I get the impression that the PS4 is what the game is optimised for going by what is said on here , but its just an opinion.

Sounds like you are an adult , shouldn't  you be worrying about your pension or something or checking the value of your assets. 

• Agree 1
32 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Whoa fella relax he was joking.   But he is right 😂

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
11 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

You're supposed to laugh ...........you're taking it all too seriously ,  what counts is if the game you're playing works on the hardware you are using no matter who makes it.

Personally I get the impression that the PS4 is what the game is optimised for going by what is said on here , but its just an opinion.

Sounds like you are an adult , shouldn't  you be worrying about your pension or something or checking the value of your assets. 

Whenever a new generation console comes out first games don’t get close to using the consoles potential... Not sure if it’s a case developers need to upgrade their own hardware and software or they just play it safe until they have time to explore what they can achieve... 

On pc I’m assuming it’s different as pc constantly have better hardware and software coming out. 

30 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Whenever a new generation console comes out first games don’t get close to using the consoles potential... Not sure if it’s a case developers need to upgrade their own hardware and software or they just play it safe until they have time to explore what they can achieve... 

On pc I’m assuming it’s different as pc constantly have better hardware and software coming out. 

Trying to bridge the gap between new and old consoles must be a real head ache for developers to keep everyone happy . Ultimately there are two types of gamers in the world ' Testers ' and  'Waiters' ( and they don't wear bow ties) Its a waiting game if you want to get games and consoles anywhere near what they should be like , If you are prepared to wait you get the games improved  Redux with all the DLC for £5 and you play it on the version 3 slim console that doesn't have heat sink problems or whatever and costs a third of the price . Sure is a lot of waiting though.

Like you say PC has its own thing going on

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

When men were men 😂

Best mad max film.  I’m a big Tom hardy fan but his film doesn’t get close

Couldn't watch 'Furry Street' Tom Hardy was alright as the Krays  and Bronson but there is only room for one Max fortunately probably something to do with an Aussie thing ............ We wouldn't be in the mess we are in now if that Johnson called up Mel Gibson......."Two days ago he's saw a rig  that would haul those tankers".

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Exasperated said:

If you were joking, then my apologies.  Didn't come across that way though, came across as smug and yes, I'm old lol  far too old to admit.  Well ok; not that old but I've just grown tired of all the "kiddos" online fighting over consoles.  As far as I'm concerned they're both fantastic systems this gen.   My first console was an original Xbox.  I didnt get my first PS system until the PS4, so by then I was already heavily invested in the Xbox system.  With gamepass ultimate the discounts I get on EA games, and all the free games made the Xbox-SX platform I bought F1 for.  Just made more sense for me.  There's ZERO excuse as to why this game would work better on one versus the other IMO.  These two consoles are by far powerful enough to handle a game that as you stated is optimised still for the previous gen.  So to me it's a clear lack of detail and attention in ensuring this title works on both next gen platforms.  It's not the consoles; it's the games IMO.

So yeah, if it was sincerely a joke on your part, then I apologize but it just didn't come across that way and as I battled through the issues of not being able to play this game up until the recent patch because of how badly they botched this release I've grown really tired of the comments around here of...  must be the Xbox.   No... I can play EVERYTHING else just fine and my SX is my primary gaming machine (again due to gamepass) so far this gen; so rather than people pitting consoles against one another I'd rather discuss and bring attention to the flaws in the game itself causing these problems.  Like I said, both are fantastic pieces of hardware IMO; but the SX gets more of my gaming time just because it was my original platform of choice due to Halo when I was far younger.   😄

👍

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

If you were joking, then my apologies.  Didn't come across that way though, came across as smug and yes, I'm old lol  far too old to admit.  Well ok; not that old but I've just grown tired of all the "kiddos" online fighting over consoles.  As far as I'm concerned they're both fantastic systems this gen.   My first console was an original Xbox.  I didnt get my first PS system until the PS4, so by then I was already heavily invested in the Xbox system.  With gamepass ultimate the discounts I get on EA games, and all the free games made the Xbox-SX platform I bought F1 for.  Just made more sense for me.  There's ZERO excuse as to why this game would work better on one versus the other IMO.  These two consoles are by far powerful enough to handle a game that as you stated is optimised still for the previous gen.  So to me it's a clear lack of detail and attention in ensuring this title works on both next gen platforms.  It's not the consoles; it's the games IMO.

So yeah, if it was sincerely a joke on your part, then I apologize but it just didn't come across that way and as I battled through the issues of not being able to play this game up until the recent patch because of how badly they botched this release I've grown really tired of the comments around here of...  must be the Xbox.   No... I can play EVERYTHING else just fine and my SX is my primary gaming machine (again due to gamepass) so far this gen; so rather than people pitting consoles against one another I'd rather discuss and bring attention to the flaws in the game itself causing these problems.  Like I said, both are fantastic pieces of hardware IMO; but the SX gets more of my gaming time just because it was my original platform of choice due to Halo when I was far younger.   😄

👍

Nice to see there are still decent people on the internet that are sincere.

i saw he was joking but then I’ve read a lot off @Exasperatedposts.  Funny enough i was guessing he was an Aussie by his acid comment on another post

My first console was Atari... the games for that never had as many bugs as we get these days 😂

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Nice to see there are still decent people on the internet that are sincere.

i saw he was joking but then I’ve read a lot off @Exasperatedposts.  Funny enough i was guessing he was an Aussie by his acid comment on another post

My first console was Atari... the games for that never had as many bugs as we get these days 😂

Hey; I'm not afraid to apologize if I'm wrong.  To be honest I still have some doubts whether it was a joke or not, but in all honestly thats just because it's what I'm used to seeing online but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and move on.  I don't care that much; but I do like these forums and I'd rather just discuss the game itself rather than petty console battles which is what I was hoping this wouldn't turn in to; hence my comment.

Well, if we really want to date ourselves my first console was an Atari as well.  But I was like... 4 or 5 maybe.  I can't remember which atari exactly it was.  From there it was a Sega Genesis, then I did some PC gaming for a bit until the original Xbox came out and my brother bought one to play Halo.  I eventually followed suit and there rest is history.  A good friend of mine has always been a PS player.  So eventually to stay "competitive" with him in our sports gaming I had to get myself a PS as well.  I ended up with a 4 basically for a few exclusives, and MLB the Show because I'm a huge baseball fan too.  So I preordered a 5 last year thinking I'll either keep it or sell it, or he can buy it off me (not at a profit of course lol) and he declined so I figured I'd just keep it.   If the wife can drop all kinds of cash on clothes and other nonsense; I figured why not?   My hobbies are games and golf.  So.. it's a fair trade. 😄

• Like 1

Sorry for the off topic but it’s always nice to see older gamers…my first console was also an Atari and my old man still remembers getting it…no big box stores or game stores back then, he bought it used from a TV repair shop (when’s the last time you heard that?), came with the paddles as well and a couple of games for the crazy when you think about it price of $700 (Canadian). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, qn999 said:

Sorry for the off topic but it’s always nice to see older gamers…my first console was also an Atari and my old man still remembers getting it…no big box stores or game stores back then, he bought it used from a TV repair shop (when’s the last time you heard that?), came with the paddles as well and a couple of games for the crazy when you think about it price of $700 (Canadian). 

I remember going to the Tv shop with Dad to get transistor tubes to fix the black and white set. Thanks for help bringing this memory back!

The stuff you forget till something like this happens when your old😢

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Hey; I'm not afraid to apologize if I'm wrong.  To be honest I still have some doubts whether it was a joke or not, but in all honestly thats just because it's what I'm used to seeing online but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and move on.  I don't care that much; but I do like these forums and I'd rather just discuss the game itself rather than petty console battles which is what I was hoping this wouldn't turn in to; hence my comment.

Well, if we really want to date ourselves my first console was an Atari as well.  But I was like... 4 or 5 maybe.  I can't remember which atari exactly it was.  From there it was a Sega Genesis, then I did some PC gaming for a bit until the original Xbox came out and my brother bought one to play Halo.  I eventually followed suit and there rest is history.  A good friend of mine has always been a PS player.  So eventually to stay "competitive" with him in our sports gaming I had to get myself a PS as well.  I ended up with a 4 basically for a few exclusives, and MLB the Show because I'm a huge baseball fan too.  So I preordered a 5 last year thinking I'll either keep it or sell it, or he can buy it off me (not at a profit of course lol) and he declined so I figured I'd just keep it.   If the wife can drop all kinds of cash on clothes and other nonsense; I figured why not?   My hobbies are games and golf.  So.. it's a fair trade. 😄

Back in my mid 20s I was  lucky enough to be a bachelor and earning good money.... and I used to be into fast Audi’s so made sense and joined a few Audi forums and the were all really friendly communities... used to meet up at events and trackdays....  but then stopped being a bachelor and kids came so that all stopped this is the first forum ivd really regularly post on in years And just expected this forum to be same...I was wrong So rather than be a hater I like to be fair to everyone... and look at every point off view and act on here as I do in the real world.  No altaego or being abusive.. If I am abusive it’s face to face.  And my sense of humour isn’t for everyone.  There are some good guys on here... my favourite is @marioho love the guy.  He interprets what I say and then posts it in proper English.  

@Exasperated I promise you had his tongue in cheek... As ps5 seems to have had less problems than Xbox with this game..   He wasn’t saying ps5 is better.  

Finny how women are.. my ex misses would always comment that I’m wasting money on the 3 or 4 games a year I buy...  but she thinks nothing off getting her hair cut every six weeks £50 a time or her nails or shoes... my hair cut costs £8 sometimes nothing if my mate is round and we get the clippers out...  Women🙄

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Exasperated said:

We wouldn't be in the mess we are in now if that Johnson called up Mel Gibson......."Two days ago he's saw a rig  that would haul those tankers".

That's the only good post you've made in this whole thread and only this specific section. 

I'll be honest, I posted the above before reading through the rest of the comments... 🧂

Either way, while the game may run better on ps, like petro1319 I am too heavily invested in Xbox and have been since switching from PS2 to 360. My discord group is mainly Xbox where our race nights are arranged, I have the SX, I have game pass ultimate. Switching now just wouldn't make sense financially, besides if I was going to switch it would be for Spiderman or Last of us etc, not a multi platform game that should for all intents and purposes work on the system it has been released for. Also, extra hd space is just plug and play on this side of the fence 😁 

Getting back to the game, I feel that betas should be run much earlier and for longer, to try and avoid these kinds of problems months after release. The AI quali issue for example shouldn't be something that still happens. We're over halfway through the season irl and it's still mostly unplayable for me and many, many others. 

They just seem to be in a rush to please the masses by prioritising tracks and driver/car updates over fundamental problems

Edited by Rango
  • Like 1

Do not buy this game. 

Multiplayer a total mess on xbox, Unless you like waiting 30 minutes for a race then being dropped from the race... while the game reboots.. 

Patiently waiting what,,, 4 or 5 months now for some type of improvement???   Nothing ..   

I'm finished, Codemasters, or whoever bought you out, get your act together. 

You have lost a customer. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
19 hours ago, petro1319 said:

👍

Dude don't apologise for it , it is all just fun ,  when people get wound up about stuff they just need to let off steam which of course is entertaining in many ways to people who aren't wound up ......its all just water under the fridge , move on and have some more fun . People on here that are fuming over the current situation are akin to people who are stood  in a room where a hammer is swinging into their face on a device that attaches it to the ceiling , wack it goes into their mush .....OOOOFF!! that hurt comes the cry ......the device swings the hammer back upto the ceiling then  releases it again , woosh , THWACK!!  into the mush again OOOOH!!! comes the cry again , it swings again Aaaaagh , it swings again and on and on and on

I just watch and wonder why they just don't step sideways and watch the hammer as it swings past them and think about what a sensible thing that it was to do.

There are numerous F1 games available to play  my personal favourite is any one of them that doesn't wind me up.

By the way you seem to be a great geezer , enjoy your gaming and I wish nothing but the best for you. Regards Bingo.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1